[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Approximation wrote:
"
raziekeljr wrote:
I wonder if anyone who has done this build can tell me when this it gets better? Is it all the way to cruel or in normal at some point?

I started with this build. I've just finished act 3 normal, currently level 36, and the build is smooth after getting to ancestral bond. Using essences of Woe on your weapon, and of Anger on your jewelry helps a lot.

Base DPS is 494,6/totem, 585,2 with Anger and 615,5 with Anger + Flame Golem. Once you get Blood Magic you have to give up Anger (at least until you get your hands on an Essence Worm). I'm chugging mana potions.

My Gear

Thanks for the feedback =)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Thanks for the information guys. I just got to level 27 going to Solaris.
It is a bit better now as I can curse flammability but it looks like a 3 link and Ancestral are my short term goals. There are still some rares I just run away from as fighting them is just a chore. I think this might be because monster life is increased this patch? On the other hand, with all this early armor stacking, physical hits right now are not doing much damage at all so that's a plus.
"
"
Can Lioneye armor , or any armor for that matter, be corrupted into +1 gem levels?

Yes.
However, due to the way the flame totem damage increases per level, the more extreme you go with increasing it above 20 the better it gets. Hence the absolute highest dps is with a Mantle that has +1 corrupt.

That's why the most common thing to do is to corrupt a Tabula Rosa. It is already 6 linked and if you are lucky with +1 gem level then it would be a great levelling unique.

Thanks for the reply. +1 Mantle would win in overall DPS V. a +1 lioneye vision? Free pierce is also 17% More damage, not to mention the utility/damage freed up since technically we have a 7 link(that also comes with better life and defenses then the mantle, and fit this particular build with big armor and the es would be wasted as we dont run MoM either.)

So I guess mantle wins on a crit based MoM totem build, where the lioneye would probaly be the stronger choice for a build like this. These are my assumptions. :)

And yes that would be sick to level with even into early mapping id say..dont even have a regular one yet this season :D
For what its worth. thanks for this guide. I just came back to the game having spent 6 to 12 months off. I had played a lot previously and my previous account was full of characters and stash was also full to over flowing with over 30 tabs of race rubbish.

So I started a completely new account and ran with this build as my first toon. I levelled all the early levels using ground smash or heavy strike or combo of melee attacks etc. I had flame totem but only used it as a dps add as the dmg is low until you can summon two totems. I found levelling with the melee but following the skill tree progression worked fine. I am about level 50 now act 3 cruel. I am self found and don't even have any of the hide out guys up to level 3 to start my own hide out yet. But finding levelling a breeze. I don't even have flame totem linked with anything.
the faster casting and faster projectile gems are not rewards for Marauder by default. I need to find them or level another class in order to be able to get them from quests or quest vendor etc.

so just use some common sense in early levels and enjoy the game for what it is. I thinking I will try this in the new season as well.

thanks again OP for the guide. great guide for self find players.
So another idea to keep damage without Ele Focus could be Rapid Decay with Ngmahu and Celestial Punishment. DPS tooltip won't change, but burning damage should be quite high.
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.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

how about this build?
and why dont take Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe?
also i dont feel yourself safe and i gain oneshoot sometime
"
micako wrote:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.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

how about this build?
and why dont take Soul Mantle Spidersilk Robe?
also i dont feel yourself safe and i gain oneshoot sometime

Soul Mantle doesn't give much dps and defense. You made a build for 100 lvl, but you have to realize it's unpractical and you will be playing most of the time on levels 87-92, so planning trees should be made for around 90 level. Lot of unnecessary points to reduced mana reserved (Essence Worm is your friend) and armor (items and endurance charges should be enough).

Try:
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAURBQU1CQXdNQWRjYllXR005X0l6UDlraGZQeFFnN3c1UVJ4by1mTGdwTHZHc1Z3MldiSkhPODV0b1pSUnhEanpmdjl0UDRNTWx2Q3luU3NUMnJqcFN2Sl84U3hpUmNnOW1ubGpsS2hOYUs2UHl4UGJHcmhETS1KTThMWU5mZzh5M1B2NEsyTDAxa3JYeWJxcGtoQWFnLWIwbjdRWU8xSHdKOW5HRmV1WmpfVWJYMlh5Q0JfSkJ6MzZ0amRsaEdTN1NJZjZIZXlBTFlhOXNhUEx3SDZJQTRYT0NtLXc0T3RpYU8tMDgxYVlFczhCbVJVY3kwZXZ1ZklPbmxGNWQwZjBSTFN5Y0VGaUhaU2N2a0ZVQmtTM1NHamhaOHh6Y2p4b1VUVXJJV2xLb21udkR1WDdHQkthakJzTUQxcjFnRmd0N3N3PT0AEEFBQUNBQWZRQVFIMEFRQUEAAA==

You won't be dying with enough hp pool and maxed ele res, this build could be quite tanky with a proper gear.
Last edited by Gosen on Sep 6, 2016, 6:18:12 AM
I am using this build on AoW/Essence league and it is going pretty good but I do have two questions:

At what level should I start to worry about the CWDT set-ups? I have only done some low level mapping and never really used any CWDT-skills then.

Why does the leveling skill-trees and the final skill tree have different Ascendancy skills? Is there some reason to start off with Tawhoa and Tokohama, then change them out later?
Also using this in Essence league, quick question around crits - I see on the levelling build we take some spell crit nodes (Arcane Potency) but then we also run Controlled Destruction. Doesn't Controlled Destruction prevent us from gaining any value out of those nodes?

EDIT - Never mind, was looking at wrong build tab.
Last edited by LunarWhaler on Sep 7, 2016, 12:38:46 AM
how about the consuming dark?
it give me more dps then mace with 80 spell damage 18 spell damage and 26-56 fire damage to spell?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info