[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Kylar_the_God wrote:
The build looks Awesome, but isn't it heavily based on INT skill gems and MARAUDER is a strength based character. Wont this be an issue in the future?

Nope, Totem is a Strength gem. The only things that needed Int is the 180 int requirement of the Infernal mantle itself. If you can wear the mantle then you have enough intelligence for every essential gem. With the Ancestral Knowledge node you would have enough Int to reach 180 once you go up to the top of the tree for Occultist's Dominion.
(Sorry, it seems the requirements have been raised to 187 Int due to the Widowsilk Robe change. But still, as I say, not that much of an issue.)

Some of the highest level wands might be harder to equip, but that's about the only issue there. I got 200 Int from the skilltree alone without needing to count any equipment.
Last edited by VallenChaosValiant on Aug 28, 2016, 5:15:00 AM
"
"
Kylar_the_God wrote:
The build looks Awesome, but isn't it heavily based on INT skill gems and MARAUDER is a strength based character. Wont this be an issue in the future?

Nope, Totem is a Strength gem. The only things that needed Int is the 180 int requirement of the Infernal mantle itself. If you can wear the mantle then you have enough intelligence for every essential gem. With the Ancestral Knowledge node you would have enough Int to reach 180 once you go up to the top of the tree for Occultist's Dominion.
(Sorry, it seems the requirements have been raised to 187 Int due to the Widowsilk Robe change. But still, as I say, not that much of an issue.)

Some of the highest level wands might be harder to equip, but that's about the only issue there. I got 200 Int from the skilltree alone without needing to count any equipment.

Why would you use Infernal Mantle in the first place if Lioneye's Vision is much better for this build?
"
Gosen wrote:
Why would you use Infernal Mantle in the first place if Lioneye's Vision is much better for this build?

Well the build was made before Lioneye's Vision existed. And anyway in theory the highest level dps is with a corrupted +1 skill Infernal Mantle due to the Flame Totem scaling up massively when going beyond level 25.

Yes, I am considering switching to Lioneye when I get my 1500 fusing orbs in order. But I think Infernal Mantle is cheaper to start with and it is good enough. And this particular version is meant to be beginner friendly.
"
"
Gosen wrote:

Well the build was made before Lioneye's Vision existed. And anyway in theory the highest level dps is with a corrupted +1 skill Infernal Mantle due to the Flame Totem scaling up massively when going beyond level 25.

Yes, I am considering switching to Lioneye when I get my 1500 fusing orbs in order. But I think Infernal Mantle is cheaper to start with and it is good enough. And this particular version is meant to be beginner friendly.

Vaaling Infernal to +1 is not beginner friendly, while Lioneye is not expensive as well and
is in fact 7l with hp. Considering this build is based on BM with life reservation, the lose of 100hp (*200% from passives) is significant, not to mention armour. Beginner should have better defense. And of course beginner can have problems with reaching necessary int requirement for Mantle, so I don't see how Infernal is better. It's not crit/chaos build, so Infernal doesn't give much here. The only drawback from using Lioneye could be chroming.
Getting the needed Int isn't that difficult, as I did say you can get there entirely from the skilltree.The main issue is the need to use the amulet for Dex requirement.
Hi Lifting (and all the other pros out there):

I'm a relatively new player, got to lvl 70 and maps for the first time in 2.3 Ascendancy with an Earthquake build. Will this build work in the new Essence League 2.4 ? Any plans to update it, Lifting ?

Looking into trying a new play style with the new league. Any suggestions, hints, tips welcome.

ty in advance.
The Pierce gem is getting nerfed.
The patchnotes say:
"

Pierce's mana multiplier has been increased from 110% to 130%. Its damage at high levels only has been reduced. Its damage at level 20 has been reduced from +29% to +19%.

The current damage bonus from Pierce in Lioneyes Vision is 24%, so at least 5 percentage points are lost.
Does that mean that Infernal Mantle is now the definitely better item?
Last edited by Shaddn on Aug 31, 2016, 10:02:31 AM
Infernal Mantle conversion to chaos and lack of HP is not good choice for this particular build, but of course properly vaaled can provide lot of damage. I would still go for Lioneye, it's free 17% more damage after all with decent defense. I guess Infernal Mantle for sc and medium tier content, while Lioneye for hc and endgame.
"
RestInPieces wrote:
Can anyone explain how is it worth using arctic armor that reserves 12.5% of your life (with BM)? You lose 12.5 ehp (with all damage types) and gain ~11% ehp (mitigation) with phys and fire damage and only when not moving.

Been asking this now and then, for almost a year now, none can answer haha
"
Gosen wrote:
Infernal Mantle conversion to chaos and lack of HP is not good choice for this particular build, but of course properly vaaled can provide lot of damage. I would still go for Lioneye, it's free 17% more damage after all with decent defense. I guess Infernal Mantle for sc and medium tier content, while Lioneye for hc and endgame.

As someone who is saving up to 6 socket a lioneye, can I request that you report back on what the dps situation would be after the new patch comes out? I would hate to waste 1500 fusings if that means I end up with less damage than with a Mantle. Thanks.

On the bright side, there doesn't seem to be any major nerfs coming for this build otherwise.
Last edited by VallenChaosValiant on Sep 1, 2016, 4:25:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info