[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Teerick wrote:
"
"
Teerick wrote:
Have two wands w/ 35+ projectile speed and they do not appear to be applying to my totems. Am I missing something or is it pointless to buy wands w/ proj speed?

Apparently from my research, it seems the projectile speed on wands are only local, so it could affect flame totem only if you socket the flame totem gem in the wand itself. This was apparently something that only began to happen after 2.0. Projectile speed in other item slots still work globally.

Thanks for the reply.

So the best mods are added fire damage, spell damage, and cast speed? Also cast speed seems like fluff to our tooltip dps since it affects how fast we cast, not the actual dps from the totems, unless I'm understanding the mechanics wrong.

As far as I know Flame Totem takes the stats from our character, so an increase in Cast Speed would also increase the speed at which the fire jets are fired from the totem. Ergo, an increase in DPS should be noticable with an increase in Cast Speed. The speed at which you set up the totems are solely dependant on Totem Placement Speed which are found in the Passive Skill Tree.
1 million dollar question (I've already did some research but I found contrasting opinions): overall between the flame and shockwave, which is better?
From what I've read shockwave has better clearing while flame better single target dps, but this answer still doesn't convince me enough. Can I get some of your opinions? (Budget is 0, lets suppose I've just started a league)
There are 12 skill points left, any recommendation on what to grab?

Was thinking Resolute Technique could be useful since we don't both worrying about crits at all. Although, I can't find anywhere the hit % chance of the totem, is it 100%?
Got a nice rare wand from a guildy to replace an Apep's rage. It has a total of 73% increased spell damage, 91% spell crit strike and 12% increased cast speed. Sheet dps i loose 1600 dps using the rare over Apep's but surely the much better stats on the rare would give me better dps?
Is there a good way to check damage on both weapons?
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Got a nice rare wand from a guildy to replace an Apep's rage. It has a total of 73% increased spell damage, 91% spell crit strike and 12% increased cast speed. Sheet dps i loose 1600 dps using the rare over Apep's but surely the much better stats on the rare would give me better dps?
Is there a good way to check damage on both weapons?

The added chaos damage from Apep's is why your rare wand is falling short. Additionally I believe the chaos will scale even higher with the converted fire to chaos damage on The Infernal Mantle (not sure if that applies locally or globally)

Not to mention the added 10% chaos resist from Apep's is extremely nice.

I'm using 2x nearly perfect Apep's and I doubt I'll be able to find a suitable upgrade anytime soon.
Last edited by Lemistio on Jun 18, 2016, 1:41:33 PM
"
Teerick wrote:
There are 12 skill points left, any recommendation on what to grab?

Was thinking Resolute Technique could be useful since we don't both worrying about crits at all. Although, I can't find anywhere the hit % chance of the totem, is it 100%?

Not sure but I doubt this would be worth the skill point. I haven't noticed my totems "
missing" but then again they attack so fast it's hard to tell.

I took the life/chaos nodes slighty north east of ancestral bond. For 20% Life 20% chaos res and 10 str its a good investment in my opinion.

You could also take the life nodes south of Blood magic (in the bloodless tier) or the life nodes in (tireless). Easy access and more life is always great!

Additionally you could go slightly farther east and pick up the % fire damage nodes in Explosive Impact or go north to the burning nodes in Holy Fire (not sure which is better)

I also think Diamond Skin is under appreciated. 15% All res for 1 node lets you free up your rings for more offensive options (str, cast speed, fire damage)

Lastly I think picking up the extra endurance charge node plus possibly helping oak in the merci would smooth out the damage spikes if you're having issues (I run double wands) as you'd get 5 endurance charges.

Lots of room for customization with the last few points. Keep in mind that with the right jewel an extra jewel slot can be incredibly powerful (better than some node clusters)
A little eye candy for all you Flame Totem players out there.

100% Perfect 6L Infernal Mantle

100% Perfect Fire Doryani's (Why is this item not included in the recommended uniques? It's absolutely amazing for this build)

Looking at building something for endgame lab and high maps. Would non-crit or crit work best?
Uber Atiziri down in Prophecy.

My gear:

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAASzBg4GoAbDCfYLYQxfDjwQWBDMES0UIBRxFgsWbxeMGS4aPhynHNwkqiW8J-0pLioTK7YsnCynMtE1kjbpPC09_EVHRtdKxErIU6VVrlcNWGNY5VorXl1fP2P9ZIRmVGaeaGVo8m6qcYVyD3hpeuZ7IHuze8N8g3y4ffWCB4KbguSDX4PMhXuHZYqvjEaMz48akBGUb5o7ogCj8qajp5Stja9stfK3Prl-wGbEWMT2xgTGrsbYz2fPftH90iHUfNWm2L3ZYdl820_fv-DD4XPjauvu7DjtPO8O8B_xrPIv8kHzm_ZI9q74k_m9-tL-Cv6H_o8=?accountName=wololoooooo&characterName=AyyyyCaramba

http://imgur.com/JaDuP0N

Last edited by wololoooooo on Jun 19, 2016, 4:11:48 AM
Why are people using Lioneye's Vision with Flame Totem? I thought the projectiles already pierce.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info