[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

"
Dr_Destino wrote:
Would this work better for this build?

I'm currently using
with all resists at maximum

I prefer using rare helmet because it take my character about +350 life
Last edited by MrMongus on Jun 16, 2016, 1:44:58 AM
"
Sigge1981 wrote:
I have a couple of questions about weapons.

Why Wands and not Scepters? Or is it pretty much either way?

I have a Scepter that adds 22-46 cold damage added to spells (don't know how to post items to the forum, sorry) and that doesn't seem to work. It doesn't show anything on the tooltip of my FT. Is it useless, or just a display error?

Please disregard the last part there. I forgot i had Pyre equipped, which is why the tooltip never showed any Cold Dmg.

My first qustion, however, still remains.
Last edited by Sigge1981 on Jun 15, 2016, 1:21:12 PM
"
Sigge1981 wrote:

The guide never stated to not use a Scepter. Quotes: "OR craft +1 to fire skill-gems sceptre/wand" and "2. Added Flat elemental damage to spells (for wands/scepters)".
You want a weapon that has high rolls on the high priority affixes (Fire/Spell/Elemental Damage, Flat elemental damage to spells, Cast Speed and so on..), it doesnt matter which weapon.

Hope it helps.

Had a question about the gems. In the guide it lists leveling some to max level, others to certain levels. Then some don't have either next to them. Does that just mean level them to max as well?

And then for the gems listed to stop leveling, is that Ust to keep casting costs down or is there some other reason.

Sorry if this was answered in the forum already. I checked back several pages and didn't see anything, and this thread is insanely long.
"
KingFishey wrote:
...In the guide it lists leveling some to max level, others to certain levels...

...And then for the gems listed to stop leveling, is that Ust to keep casting costs down or is there some other reason...

That's because Cast when Damage taken support (read this gem description). So if you have CWDT on lvl 4 - other gems, that CWDT supports, must be on supported level or lower. The other linked support gems can be on max level and that max level is said only for better clarity.

"
KingFishey wrote:

Then some don't have either next to them....

These gems can be leveled up to max level.

Last edited by MrMongus on Jun 16, 2016, 1:44:28 AM
"
Xavielson wrote:
"
Sigge1981 wrote:

The guide never stated to not use a Scepter. Quotes: "OR craft +1 to fire skill-gems sceptre/wand" and "2. Added Flat elemental damage to spells (for wands/scepters)".
You want a weapon that has high rolls on the high priority affixes (Fire/Spell/Elemental Damage, Flat elemental damage to spells, Cast Speed and so on..), it doesnt matter which weapon.

Hope it helps.

Right. They are pretty much interchangable, then. I thought that maybe Wands had different stat draws than Scepters.
So would it be better or worse to grab tukohama wars Herald instead of deaths fury
Have two wands w/ 35+ projectile speed and they do not appear to be applying to my totems. Am I missing something or is it pointless to buy wands w/ proj speed?
"
Teerick wrote:
Have two wands w/ 35+ projectile speed and they do not appear to be applying to my totems. Am I missing something or is it pointless to buy wands w/ proj speed?

Apparently from my research, it seems the projectile speed on wands are only local, so it could affect flame totem only if you socket the flame totem gem in the wand itself. This was apparently something that only began to happen after 2.0. Projectile speed in other item slots still work globally.
"
"
Teerick wrote:

Apparently from my research, it seems the projectile speed on wands are only local, so it could affect flame totem only if you socket the flame totem gem in the wand itself. This was apparently something that only began to happen after 2.0. Projectile speed in other item slots still work globally.

Thanks for the reply.

So the best mods are added fire damage, spell damage, and cast speed? Also cast speed seems like fluff to our tooltip dps since it affects how fast we cast, not the actual dps from the totems, unless I'm understanding the mechanics wrong.

Are there any other mods that allow us to add flat damage? I'd rather dual wield in SC and for the moment don't see the need for a shield w/ smart movement.

Any ideas on a decent unique that pairs well with a Lioneye's Vision? I'm thinking of using that for the pierce + empower, which makes the IM useless and I don't need an Apep's rage since we're not using IM.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info