[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

The 16% dmg increase is very little. I'm currently sitting on 41.9k dps per totem with it and 41k without it. The 4% difference is nothing compared to the amount of dmg you'd have to take for a cwdt lvl 20 to proc.
"
All my main gems are lvl 19 now, but the xp gap to fill to reach lvl 20 is insane (and reaching lvl 20 would allow me to start them over with GCPs to get lvl 1 gems with 20% quality, awesome...). Having not played PoE in a while, I forgot about that little detail...

What do you guys recommend ? Should try to reach lvl 20 by myself which is literally gonna take ages or buy quality gems ? What did you guys do ?

I vendored all at lvl 20, to 20% and then lvled em up to 20. Then vaal and pray for something good. Dried lake gives around 1mil per run on your gems, so countless runs of that. If you have a range char like a ST scion with whirling blades, it will speed things a lot as it can run the place for under a minute.
"
xecutable wrote:
The 16% dmg increase is very little. I'm currently sitting on 41.9k dps per totem with it and 41k without it. The 4% difference is nothing compared to the amount of dmg you'd have to take for a cwdt lvl 20 to proc.

I see. But couldn't you just have a 3 link 4 slot item so the flame golem isnt linked with cwdt? (Noob here)
guys, how can u run along with dual wands?
its impossible for me to do highlvl maps without my shield (51% dmgreduction with shield, 36% without, no 30%blockchance, losing 94 flat life)

is it really worth going dual instead of shield?

in my opinion its not (90+) but teach me better =)
"
Jafooley wrote:
"
xecutable wrote:

I see. But couldn't you just have a 3 link 4 slot item so the flame golem isnt linked with cwdt? (Noob here)

Yes if you want to cast it yourself - but as your flame totem dies rather easily in maps, its just convenient to get it auto-cast I guess.

I mean you already have to (or should) press the key for endurance charges manually everytime when enemies are near/when in combat, so why bother with always casting flame totem too...
"
Tannhauser1 wrote:
"
Jafooley wrote:
"
xecutable wrote:

Yes if you want to cast it yourself - but as your flame totem dies rather easily in maps, its just convenient to get it auto-cast I guess.

I mean you already have to (or should) press the key for endurance charges manually everytime when enemies are near/when in combat, so why bother with always casting flame totem too...

Exactly, it is a matter of convenience :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
Hello guys, what would be better:

5-link Infernal Mantle (+33% Fire Dmg, +1 To Fire Gems, 500+ Energy Shield
Flame Totem - Fire Penetration - Faster Casting - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction

or

Corrupted +1 to Level of Socketed Gems on a Tabula Rasa adding Iron Will as 6th link?
Last edited by kapin77 on Mar 30, 2016, 1:11:23 PM
another minor grammar and formatting

"
Defensive Setup 1:

- Enduring, Cry Cast When Damage Taken (lvl 9)
Which gem do i take out for 5-Link chest? Fire penetration / Iron Will / Elemental Focus
Pretty new player here; I have a question about the flame totems:

In one of the videos I was watching, it looks like the totems don't really lose life at all; I thought the way the skill worked, that the totem would lose a % of life per second. If so, regardless of the amount of life in a totem it would still disappear in a matter of seconds.

This is what happens with my totems -- they disappear pretty quickly. It's fine, they still kill things, but it would be awesome if they lasted until I cast new ones. Is there a skill or a piece of gear that I haven't noticed that allows them to last forever?

Thanks! zip

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info