[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

hi evrybody
can same1 recomend good items to incrised rarity of items drop?
can not find anything good up to this guide buld
"
xecutable wrote:
The 16% dmg increase is very little. I'm currently sitting on 41.9k dps per totem with it and 41k without it. The 4% difference is nothing compared to the amount of dmg you'd have to take for a cwdt lvl 20 to proc.

Hey, could you please show your gear and build?
"
zipppy wrote:
Pretty new player here; I have a question about the flame totems:

In one of the videos I was watching, it looks like the totems don't really lose life at all; I thought the way the skill worked, that the totem would lose a % of life per second. If so, regardless of the amount of life in a totem it would still disappear in a matter of seconds.

This is what happens with my totems -- they disappear pretty quickly. It's fine, they still kill things, but it would be awesome if they lasted until I cast new ones. Is there a skill or a piece of gear that I haven't noticed that allows them to last forever?

Thanks! zip

You can get some Increased Skill Duration nodes, but its useless mid-late game, your totems will destroy everything before they run out of time, mana wont be a problem since you grab Blood Magic.

"
kapin77 wrote:
Hello guys, what would be better:

5-link Infernal Mantle (+33% Fire Dmg, +1 To Fire Gems, 500+ Energy Shield
Flame Totem - Fire Penetration - Faster Casting - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction

or

Corrupted +1 to Level of Socketed Gems on a Tabula Rasa adding Iron Will as 6th link?

bump ^
"
zipppy wrote:
Pretty new player here; I have a question about the flame totems:

In one of the videos I was watching, it looks like the totems don't really lose life at all; I thought the way the skill worked, that the totem would lose a % of life per second. If so, regardless of the amount of life in a totem it would still disappear in a matter of seconds.

This is what happens with my totems -- they disappear pretty quickly. It's fine, they still kill things, but it would be awesome if they lasted until I cast new ones. Is there a skill or a piece of gear that I haven't noticed that allows them to last forever?

Thanks! zip

You will get some increased totem duration notes on skilltree later on. But it's not that important, just cast them again (when you have blood magic = no mana you dont't have to be worried about mana cost for casting them anymore)

And after you did cruel labyrinth (4 ascendancy points, start with 4 ones at bottom, the last 2 points after merc lab I put in the armor node at top) your totems will get taunt which is great - huge survivability buff.
"
No240 wrote:
hi evrybody

Have a look at my character called fake_Smaug

Built using same tree for MF
Capped res highish life. Decent damage for solo and 200/30 MF

If I am doing high maps I replace my tabula with a 5l infernal and remove iir

Of course a 6l infernal with iir is next goal

Rest of the gear is self exanatory. Rings could be Andvarius but expensive and res penalty
"
kapin77 wrote:
Hello guys, what would be better:

5-link Infernal Mantle (+33% Fire Dmg, +1 To Fire Gems, 500+ Energy Shield
Flame Totem - Fire Penetration - Faster Casting - Elemental Focus - Controlled Destruction

or

Corrupted +1 to Level of Socketed Gems on a Tabula Rasa adding Iron Will as 6th link?

I guess you have to test that ingame - too much numbers come into play...
Go to some static higher life boss (Merc Hillock?) and stopwatch the time until he's dead with both setups.

BTW I think that FASTER PROJECTILES gem (not mentioned in this guide but ironically LiftingNerd has it in his gear on page 1) is great to swap out for controlled destruction for example (which I did so you still can crit) or Iron Will or Elemental Focus.

Tooltip shows more dmg on the other gems, but with Faster Projectiles you actually kill faster!

I have a 5link infernal mantle and rolled 1 green socket and 1 blue only after like 100 chromatics - so i tested this green gem out (mine has 10% quality too) which turned out to be great, also need some dex to get it to level 10 at least.
Last edited by Tannhauser1 on Mar 31, 2016, 2:43:26 PM
Hey, Lifting. Already lvl72 with your build and it is pretty easy levelling. Goal is lvl 90 for challenges and I think I will complete it without too much trouble. What I am curious about is optimal flask setup?

Can you recommend Atziri's Promise, will it profit this build? How many hp flasks do I need? Aside from res flasks for certain bosses. Thanks in advance.
"
Tannhauser1 wrote:

I guess you have to test that ingame - too much numbers come into play...
Go to some static higher life boss (Merc Hillock?) and stopwatch the time until he's dead with both setups.

BTW I think that FASTER PROJECTILES gem (not mentioned in this guide but ironically LiftingNerd has it in his gear on page 1) is great to swap out for controlled destruction for example (which I did so you still can crit) or Iron Will or Elemental Focus.

Tooltip shows more dmg on the other gems, but with Faster Projectiles you actually kill faster!

I have a 5link infernal mantle and rolled 1 green socket and 1 blue only after like 100 chromatics - so i tested this green gem out (mine has 10% quality too) which turned out to be great, also need some dex to get it to level 10 at least.

I guess i could remove Elemental Focus and grab faster projectiles and also grab Celestial Punishment node (25% increased Damage against Frozen, Shocked or Ignited Enemies, 5% chance to ignite) for 2 skill points
"
fakeThranduil wrote:
"
No240 wrote:
hi evrybody

Have a look at my character called fake_Smaug

Built using same tree for MF
Capped res highish life. Decent damage for solo and 200/30 MF

If I am doing high maps I replace my tabula with a 5l infernal and remove iir

Of course a 6l infernal with iir is next goal

Rest of the gear is self exanatory. Rings could be Andvarius but expensive and res penalty

nice 1 set)
ty wery much) will make same
"
xecutable wrote:
The 16% dmg increase is very little. I'm currently sitting on 41.9k dps per totem with it and 41k without it. The 4% difference is nothing compared to the amount of dmg you'd have to take for a cwdt lvl 20 to proc.

41k per totem?? How is that possible? Is empower really that strong?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info