[2.5 Video Guide] Beginner's Build: Dual Flame Totem, Blood Magic Chieftain [Atziri & HC/SC Viable]

Loving your build, currently lvl 88 with 40,4k dmg on flametotem. I am using a normal 6-Link chest and dual wielding wand over Infernal Mantle and Shield right now, might change it eventually if I have enough resources for a 6-link Mantle, but I am liking my build right now. if i die, it is because I did not pay attnetion and took a massive amount of nukes to the face, melee dmg is rarely a problem.
A bit out of Upgrades though, any idea what else I could improve with a few ex?

Gear:
Spoiler

Tree and jewels:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAASzBg4GoAn2C2EOPBBYEMwRLROlFCAUcRYLF4wZLho4Gj4c3CW8JvMnLyftKS4qEyu2LJwspzLRNZI62DrhPC09_EVHRZ1G10rESshN41BHU1JXDVhjWOVaK1pSXl1fP2P9ZIRmVGaeaGVo8m6qcYVyD3rmeyB7s3vDfIN8uIIHgpuDX4PMhXuHZYxGjM-PGpBVlG-aO5rgogCj8qZXp5Somq2Nr2y18rc-wGbE9sauxtjPZ89-0f3SIdR81abYvdlh2XzbT9-_4MPhc-vu7DjtPO8O8B_xrPJB8kXzm_ZI9q74k_m9_go=?accountName=Vallenhael&characterName=Branded_Sinner
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 22, 2016, 9:54:57 AM
Your gear is pretty awesome mate. The only thing worth upgrading imo is your wands. They could both use more spell damage :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Your gear is pretty awesome mate. The only thing worth upgrading imo is your wands. They could both use more spell damage :)

Yeah, they were kinda the only decent ones even available for those int requirements :( will need to get the +30 int node and new rings with more Int, so I can equip a 200 int wand, currently sitting at 134 int.
Hi,

Currently I'm trying a crit version of this build but the dps so far is only at around 15k dps, crit chance is 30%, crit damage 300%. I use Three Dragons helmet to shock but it doesn't seems to be effective against boss/few rare mobs, I do see most of the blue/normal mobs get shocked though. My wand also have cold damage added thus also can ignite, that's why I picked Ngamahu instead of Tawhoa skill.

Can anyone give me an advice whether this is a good way to go or just go pure damage without crit?

Gear:
Spoiler

Skill Tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAASzBg4GoAn2C2EOPBBYEMwRLRQgFHEWCxeMGS4aPhzcHwIlvCcvJ-0pLioTLJwspzI0MtE1kjbFOtg8LT38RUdFnUbXSsRKyE6uUEdTUlcNWGNY5VorWlJeXV8_Y_1khGZUZp5oZWjybqpxhXIPeuZ7IHuze8N8g3y4ggeCm4Nfg8yD84V7h2WMz48akFWUb5o7muCiAKPyp5Somq2NrhKvbK-3sTa18rc-uX7AZsT2xgTGrsbYz2fPftH90iHUfNWm2L3ZYdl820_fv-DD4XPr7uw47TzvDvAf8azyQfOb9kj2rviT-b3-Cv6H?accountName=tduong&characterName=ButtAkuma

Many thanks!
Last edited by tduong on Mar 22, 2016, 1:16:53 PM
Copy paste, because I got ignored. Hard. Maybe someone can help me.

Hey Lifting!

I play as flame totemer since forever, but I cant get pass certain dps. Its annyoing as hell.

My dps is only 32-33k with summon and HoT. I might get to 35k when ill finish my gems and maybe change jeweles, but thats pretty much it.

I heard some people get to 45k from one totem, and I guess that might be enought, but I cant figure how to do it.

It starts to be dissapointing, becouse I have no idea how to fix it. Hell, I even tried with some op rolled wands and my dps was like 2k max higher than with Apex.

I`m selffound player, and I craft my iteams alone. I know few iteams can be upgraded, but didnt found anything worth my time. I`m ready to buy stuff, if something is really worth changing.

My HP is 4,8k
Def - 12,5k and got some shield skills, to def more.

Anyway, thanks and sorry for my english.

Thats what I'm wearing atm:

Spoiler

And skill tree:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAASzBg4GoAn2C2EMXw48EFgQzBEtE6UUIBRxFgsXjBkuGjgaPhynHNwlvCbzJ-0pLilPK7YsnCynMtE1kjwtPfxFR0bXSshTpVcNV5RYY1jlWfNaK1pSXl1fP2P9ZIRmVGaeaGVo8m6qbztxhXIPeA14aXk5euZ7s3vDfIN8uH7iggeCm4Nfg8yHZYxGjHaPGpBVlG-aO548ogCj8qeUqJqtja9stfK3Mbc-wBrAZsMTxFjE9sauxtjPZ89-0f3SIdR81abYvdlh2XzbT9-_4MPhc-nV6-7tPO8O8B_xrPJB85v2SPau-JP5vf4K?accountName=fryderyknicze&characterName=NiczeFT
Last edited by fryderyknicze on Mar 22, 2016, 4:02:40 PM
"
fryderyknicze wrote:
Copy paste, because I got ignored. Hard. Maybe someone can help me.

I play as flame totemer since forever, but I cant get pass certain dps. Its annyoing as hell.

League before last I played quite a bit of flame totem, I had the same issue with a dps at higher map levels that slowed things down (it got harder to scale it at all and felt like a dps cap).

This is a beginner non crit build but I believe to scale flame totem at higher levels the only real option is crit. I have seen people take the crit above ancestral bond (arcane potency) and above witch (annihilation) before then try and stack crit on gear.

Its quite a different build from this one though with different gem's, Ive not tried it but also seen one guy use The Consuming Dark while it wont boost tool tip more chaos is always better.
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on Mar 23, 2016, 6:10:02 AM
"
"
joseas wrote:
hello all!

i am running this build and iam atm lvl 91.

i know that paperdps dont count.

i got now around 30k. what is the goal of this build?

30k is pretty good. That said you can probably squeeze out 35-40k with really good gear =)

thx ^^

i got all the nice items, except a decent wand

this is my equip:

Spoiler

i really dont how to get to that 35k-40k paperdps ^^
corrupting my gems and a better wand cant give me that much dps i think
"
colwyn wrote:
more chaos is always better.

But is it? I mean, we have a whooping 81-83% fire resistance Penetration on max level. Even the meanest, most resistant mob is reduced close to 0 with that level of penetration, and those poor souls that have low fire resi take significantly more damage.

Whereas for chaos, as far as I know mobs have just plain 0 resistance, so would't it be defacto a minor gain? I mean sure, you could take our fire pen and replace curse with assasins mark. But for that to be effective you would need a 100% chaos pen, and you would loose a shitton of cast speed and additional dmg, barely breaking even with chaos dmg gem + curse, then have to somehow get crit mult and crit chance for abyssmal currency costs. And all that just too pull ahead in dmg on mobs with high fire resistance. I mean, is it really worth it?
Last edited by Vallenhael on Mar 23, 2016, 10:50:18 AM
Guys help me about jewels can u link me reaaly good ones?

Most of mine are these, but they are quite expensive. Combined with these 2 babies:

I did a deathless fast Atziri with 29k tooltip dmg, with lvl 19 gems. I think whatever problem this build used to have in terms of low dmg is gone.

I sit at 6.2k hp with 900 es on lvl 88 and I feel that the totem taunt does a great job, so wearing a shield, becomes very optional, and less mandatory.

Once I get my head ench (nobody sells a good helmet with lots of armor and stats ... sadly), and perhaps a lvl 4 empower, next to a 20% quality lvl 21 flame totem (gj sellers, vaal-ing no quality totems), I'm sure the dmg will be off the roof.

Currently running maps like Shipyard, Necropolis and whatever I can get my hands on, and it's a breeze.
Last edited by xecutable on Mar 24, 2016, 11:10:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info