[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I don't think I put up any specific build? more, just commenting on optimizing builds. particular for pathfinder. My TS is based directly on Neversinks op.

My TS pathfinder actually got a windripper back in perandus. I never did swap over, the decent elem harbringer was doing effectively the same thing.

Any gear build will have some special concerns. with windripper, very low phys scaling, making IAS and crit supreme.
Ptl wont do as much for you, but still decent for conversion to make what little phys you have do something. Added lit or cold probably better.
Vet bower for pathfinder is double edged as well. The elem pen is more valuable, but the extra fire damage from phys is less so.

master alchemists 20% shock/freeze/ignite would seem to pair very well with windrippers IIQ/IIR...

Deadeye same as usual, Chain and more damage at range.
Last edited by Casia on Sep 6, 2016, 10:52:13 AM
I feel I need to make a counterpoint, to myself.

Discussing the power and value of armor, its relation to acrobatics, and pathfinder, I should have mentioned Taste of hate.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Taste_of_Hate

Legacy on standard is 30% of physical damage taken as cold damage.
New ones are 20% of physical damage taken as cold damage.

This does of course provide a very strong physical damage DR, without armor.
this 20 or 30% also of course scales with flask effect.
And, if pathfinder-master alch, immune to chill/frozen, so the incoming cold will not chill/freeze you.
Raider can also get this of course as well. Deadeye can not, and must use an "of heat".

A basic granite is more common imho. But if you have access to, and are running a taste of hate, you have an argument for getting acrobatics.
"
Casia wrote:
"
Hey Guys,

well I experimented a little bit and now I'm a little desperate because nothing works like it should.

My Plan:
Spoiler

- Go the defensive Skilltree (More Life, capped Res etc)
- Go Tornado Shot/Blast Rain with decent DMG (Def should be priorize here)
- Farm Mid-High Tier range Maps withour Problems

What happend?
Spoiler

I don't know, i have unbuffed
- 5k Life
- 9k Eva
- 40% Dodge Attacks
- 44% Dodge Spells
- overcapped Res ( 97%, 79%, 95%, -9%)
- 47% Movement Speed
what sounds nice in theory but in practice it's rly hard to handle single bosses. I'm Lvl 90 and was killed by an Lvl 7 Vagan o_O wtf?
And my character can't outregenerate my Blood Rage. I have to use Stone Golem.

My Skilltree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAQBeAO4FLQW1CC4IiQ2NES8VIBa_GY4hdiLiI9Mj9iT9JpUqCypNLOkuUzBxMHwx-jWSNj03TDfUOdQ6Qj7PPydDMUd-R-JKfUrIS3hM_02STipRR1VLVYVW-loaW69daF3yYeJirGVNbIxuqm8ncFJ07XXLdf129311fyt_gIRvhNmGs4bOh3aJ04w2jX2Nfo2Sjb-PYJAKlQWaaprxm42dqqCfpDmly7TFtUi18r02vea-p8EzwuzDM8edyqnNmNNv037UI9RC2L3awd0N3ajjn-dU6mLrY-0_7YPuDu969qP3Pf4K_rr_EP_e?accountName=Problemkind1903&characterName=Problemizoor

My Gear:
Spoiler

That's the first time i have no idea where the problem is. Can some1 help me please? If u want a private message is okay, too.

Amusingly, you have exactly what I was talking about. dodge, dodge, dodge, evade. one shot.
with no physical DR(you have 3 end charges from enduring cry only), you only have to get hit once.

Vagan USED to occasionally run resolute Technique. (hits can not be evaded) 100% hit rate on rangers, he slaughtered them.
I bet physical spells give you hell as well. Daresso floating swords, bone queens in bowels, etc.

Run a basalt flask instead of that bleeding life flask.
And decoy instead of the stone golem, probably.
Decoy, ice golem, and blink arrow, should not even get hit 90% of the time, just from manually avoiding damage and targeting.

I also highly recommend primal spirit, druidic rite, (and arcane chemistry if you can get over by scion) for ALL rangers, and doubly so for Pathfinders.

Natures boon 1flask charge every 3s is effected by charges gained. and you do get fractions of charges.
with +50% from primalspirit/druidic right, and the 10% you have to get to natures boon. you will get 1 charge, 2 charges, 1 charge, 2 charges, and so on.
Charge on crit is also effected by charges gained in the same way.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of, and my solution is to run Daresso's armor. Those end charges should help. My concern is resists, so I'm going to have to find really decent Belt, and jewelery. Going to run Alphas Howl, Reach, Drillneck, Maligaros, Atziri's Step and I would LIKE to run the Phys belt from Atziri, but I don't know if I'd have enough life and might have to go for a Rustic or even a Leather Belt.

Taking Charisma Nodes and Alphas SHOULD let me run Grace, Hatred and Herald of Ash + herald of Ice. That'll offset the damage lost from Rats NEst and let me have crazy high evasion with a Jade up, so that from Daresso's I'll have End charges up ALL THE TIME so that when I DO get hit, my Immortal Call will proc and I'll be alright.

Then there's things like Taste of Hate, etc and I really think I'll be alright.
Hi guys, does anybody know if shrapnel shot works with this build? Thanx in advance
"
Casia wrote:
I feel I need to make a counterpoint, to myself.

Discussing the power and value of armor, its relation to acrobatics, and pathfinder, I should have mentioned Taste of hate.

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Taste_of_Hate

Legacy on standard is 30% of physical damage taken as cold damage.
New ones are 20% of physical damage taken as cold damage.

This does of course provide a very strong physical damage DR, without armor.
this 20 or 30% also of course scales with flask effect.
And, if pathfinder-master alch, immune to chill/frozen, so the incoming cold will not chill/freeze you.
Raider can also get this of course as well. Deadeye can not, and must use an "of heat".

A basic granite is more common imho. But if you have access to, and are running a taste of hate, you have an argument for getting acrobatics.

Hey Casia,

I see you advertising pathfinder alot in combination with TS. I build a BV pathfinder and Im loving the ascendancy, but dont like the way BV plays. Cant get myself to spam cast between packs and love the feeling of shooting into packs with a good old bow.

So Im thinking of switching it up and building another ranger. Only thing is, I always preferred LA over TS mechanically. Would you still recommend pathfinder over deadeye for LA? What should also be mentioned is that Im running SSF. Id love to get to T16 maps eventually and want to choose a bow build that can get me there.

Cheers
I don't have any LA experience. I can't comment on that directly.

Pathfinder is very universal though. The defensive gains from flasks apply to pretty much any build.
And vet bowyer applies to any elemental build, while master herbalist can be powerful for any physical damage one.

I have a CoC deadeye. the chain is pretty invaluable in making it effective. That would be tough to make use of as a pathfinder.

Blastrain and iceshot both actually have nice pathfinder and deadeye synergies in +aoe size.
deadeye itself has +20% size in endless muntions.
While for the pathfinder, the +aoe in Witch is right next to the +flask effect. Giving you justification for going up there.
Pathfinder can get +projectiles, +aoe, damage.. but can't replace deadeye chain.

LA has the AoE tag. does that just effect size, or damage as well?
Last edited by Casia on Sep 7, 2016, 12:59:00 PM
in guide you say if you use a TS-deadeye you have insane single target damge with only TS. so that you prefer to secondary attack if we dont need another single target dps spell?
What unique bows would you use in essence league?
"
Casia wrote:
I don't have any LA experience. I can't comment on that directly.

Pathfinder is very universal though. The defensive gains from flasks apply to pretty much any build.
And vet bowyer applies to any elemental build, while master herbalist can be powerful for any physical damage one.

I have a CoC deadeye. the chain is pretty invaluable in making it effective. That would be tough to make use of as a pathfinder.

Blastrain and iceshot both actually have nice pathfinder and deadeye synergies in +aoe size.
deadeye itself has +20% size in endless muntions.
While for the pathfinder, the +aoe in Witch is right next to the +flask effect. Giving you justification for going up there.
Pathfinder can get +projectiles, +aoe, damage.. but can't replace deadeye chain.

LA has the AoE tag. does that just effect size, or damage as well?

I can't comment on the AoE tag referring to juse size or damage, but I CAN chime in on this discussion.

I do have LA experience. I was using Crit Voltaxic LA in Prophecy League. I'm certain that if your crit was decent enough (running Assassins Mark, either from Curse on hit with Herald of Ice or maybe a Split arrow Curse on hit for some power charges and Assassins Mark 8% extra chance for enemies to be crit would guarantee this) you'd have no problem generating the crits to make Pathfinder work with LA if you wanted to.

Of course, if you're going Voltaxic you're going to want to run Herald of Thunder and Wrath, but you definitely don't have to go Voltaxic for LA.
Last edited by RinsBiggestFan on Sep 7, 2016, 7:28:59 PM
Returning after a long hiatus.

Would this be a reasonable skill tree progression for Champion:

41 Points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAYjCIkVIBXsGbQj9i2DMHwylE2SUUddaHsUfXV_AorwjX2Nv5S4lQWa8aGko4qm4KfUsKu5HbvjvqfEgsSiyqnTftQj2cbh2-969qP5Y_66_sg=

57 Points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAW1BiMIiRUgFewWvxm0I_YmlS2DMHwylDY9TZJRR11oYeJsjG1sdf17FH11fwKEb4rwjX2Nv5S4lQWa8Z2qoaSjiqbgp9Swq7VIuR27476nwUnEgsSiyNzKqdN-1CPUQtnG4dvndOjW73r2o_lj_h3-uv7I

80 Points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAW1BiMIiQqbFSAV7Ba_GbQhdiP2JP0mlS2DMHwx-jKUNj051D7PTZJRR1T-VUtbr11oYeJsjG1scFJ1_Xb3eOt7FH11fwJ_K4Rvhs6J04rwjDaNfY2_lLiVBZrxnaqgn6GkpuCn1LCrtUi5Hbvjvea-p8EzwUnEgsSiyNzKqdN-1CPUQtnG3Q3h2-cK51TndOjW73r2o_lj_h3-uv7I_94=

90 Points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAW1BiMIiQqbDY0V7Ba_IXYj9iT9JpUwcTB8MfoylDY9OdQ6Qj7PQzFLeEz_TZJOKlFHVP5VS1oaW69daGHibIxtbHBSdct1_Xb3eOt7FH11fwJ_K4Rvhs6J04rwjDaNfY1-jb-UuJUFmvGdqqCfoaSm4KfUsKu1SLkdu-O95r6nwTPBScMzxILEosjcyqnNmNN-1CPUQtnG3ajh2-cK51TndOjW6mLvevlj_MX-Hf66_sj_3g==

106 Points

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQDAAUtBbUGIwiJCpsNjRXsFr8hdiPTI_Yk_SaVMHEwfDH6MpQ2PTnUOkI-z0MxR35KfUt4TP9Nkk4qUUdU_lVLVYVaGluvXWhh4mKsZU1sjG1sbydwUnTtdct1_Xb3eOt673sUfXV_An8rhG-Gzod2idOK8Iw2jX2Nfo2_lLiVBZpqmvGdqqCfoaSly6bgp9Swq7VIuR274702vea-p8EzwUnDM8SCxKLI3MqpzZjTftQj1ELZxtrB3ajh2-Of5wrnVOd06NbqYu96-WP8xf4d_rr-yP_e

I tried to stick as closely to the given tree/point cutoffs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info