[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
HairyBotter wrote:
thx for the speed hint.

nono, i know that about the tyrannical.

basically i wanna know if it wud change the crafted mods aswell :D

but most likely, for 162%, max 169, not worth rerolling anyways

Yup, Divine rolls everything :P
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
ty for the info :)
Just wanted to say that I had a level 82 ranger with full passive reset that I wanted to try something new with before the next full reset in a month.

Using just so so equipment I had lying around, (4 links) and starting with a level 1 tornado shot (and almost all other gems needed) and I was able to solo a4m Dominus first try. (PS that might say something as to the power of tornado shot) Heres Equip:

I played almost the entire weekend. I find myself always spamming tornado shot and never puncture, even though the tooltip puncture damage is 3x as much. Puncture just doesn't seem to do any damage. I am wondering why I even need it.

I really like the build but my tool-tip dps is only 3,800 tornado shot and a little over 9k for puncture. The question here is do I need better equipment? Any suggestions? Do I need to wait until after 2.0 to buy better equipment?

Thanks!!!
Last edited by Shinare on Jun 1, 2015, 12:25:40 PM
Anyone tried this build into the Awakening Beta?

If yes, its doing well or something?

Thanks in advance!
"
Shinare wrote:
Just wanted to say that I had a level 82 ranger with full passive reset that I wanted to try something new with before the next full reset in a month.

Using just so so equipment I had lying around, (4 links) and starting with a level 1 tornado shot (and almost all other gems needed) and I was able to solo a4m Dominus first try. (PS that might say something as to the power of tornado shot) Heres Equip:

I played almost the entire weekend. I find myself always spamming tornado shot and never puncture, even though the tooltip puncture damage is 3x as much. Puncture just doesn't seem to do any damage. I am wondering why I even need it.

I really like the build but my tool-tip dps is only 3,800 tornado shot and a little over 9k for puncture. The question here is do I need better equipment? Any suggestions? Do I need to wait until after 2.0 to buy better equipment?

Thanks!!!

I pretty much do the same, the shotgunning power of TS is really hard to overlook. I prefer using Puncture Trap over regular Puncture, pretty much the only thing that I've adjusted to. Regular Puncture is still quite nice (vs Atziri, etc) though.

For upgrades just depends on what you wanna do, 75 maps? 77-78? Atziri? Uber?

I think the gear you have and DPS, when your gems level especially, is pretty decent for pre-75. Would look at getting a pair of Maligaro and then upgrading your Bow, followed by Jewelry upgrades. I think you can easily 5L your Chest (Worth 5L, maybe not 6L) and craft life on your Belt to start too.
"
allsunsdawn wrote:
"
Shinare wrote:

Thanks!!!

I pretty much do the same, the shotgunning power of TS is really hard to overlook. I prefer using Puncture Trap over regular Puncture, pretty much the only thing that I've adjusted to. Regular Puncture is still quite nice (vs Atziri, etc) though.

For upgrades just depends on what you wanna do, 75 maps? 77-78? Atziri? Uber?

I think the gear you have and DPS, when your gems level especially, is pretty decent for pre-75. Would look at getting a pair of Maligaro and then upgrading your Bow, followed by Jewelry upgrades. I think you can easily 5L your Chest (Worth 5L, maybe not 6L) and craft life on your Belt to start too.

What are the advantages of trap-puncture vs regular puncture?
is it needed any investment into trap nodes?
I have both

in my stash. As I'm starting Merciless, should I go ahead and use these even tho it'll leave me with some resist holes? Or should I make sure I can cap resists before switching to them?
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
"
valdivia1109 wrote:
What are the advantages of trap-puncture vs regular puncture?
is it needed any investment into trap nodes?

Point Blank + Trap is a lot of damage (that you won't see in tool tip) and good to lay down against bosses that are chasing and/or things like Vaal/Atziri (bosses that have a wind up spawn animation). No investment into trap nodes needed.

"
Bahnzo wrote:
I have both

in my stash. As I'm starting Merciless, should I go ahead and use these even tho it'll leave me with some resist holes? Or should I make sure I can cap resists before switching to them?

Imo cap resists. I value Rat's over Maligaro for switching in first, others opinions may differ.

"
allsunsdawn wrote:
I value Rat's over Maligaro for switching in first, others opinions may differ.

Yea, I'd agree with that. Rat's is clearly better.
IGN: Bahnzo <--- that should find me.
PoE Item Info Script: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1463814
i had a ranger sitting on standered, equiped it with like 25c and leftovers from stash, doing just fine at 67-69 maps, cant wait to equip it with some good gear, if any1 has gear for sale please lemme know ^^.

thanks for the guide, very detailed and it explains everything !, enjoyed reading it too :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info