[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Thanks for the replies to my questions.

I too thought my chest might be 5 link worthy. I spent quite a bit of currency last night trying to at least 5-link my chest and it never happened (using 20% quality for every fuse) and dropped more on it than its worth, even if it 5 linked. Really bummed me out. *sigh* oh well. Someone's gotta be at the shit end of RNG to balance out all the people that say "OMG I used 20 fuse on this and got a 6L!!!!" I should have just bought one already 5 linked. *shrug*

As for the other gear, I will try to find a very cheap Mali at some point but its really only got crit chance over my current gloves. And 4 red sockets on it would be impossible not to mention a waste of a great deal of chromes. I would hate to loose my CwDT node just for crit chance and lower attack speed.

I will try and find a better belt for this build. This one was just in my stash in the junk bin.
"
cyryc wrote:
Anyone tried this build into the Awakening Beta?

If yes, its doing well or something?

Thanks in advance!

The OP said he has tried it out in Beta and, to paraphrase, its ok. There may be better skills to use, so he will be doing a more generalized build that is not skill specific and let you choose.

But I do hope that he also includes his personal recommendations. :)
"
cyryc wrote:
Anyone tried this build into the Awakening Beta?

If yes, its doing well or something?

Thanks in advance!

With the insane Split Arrow buff... leveling is way easier, yes. Getting into using Tornado Shot is really smooth now. The tree is a little... difficult, simply because there's isn't a super efficient way of going down to King of the Hill and the Duelist section anymore. It's just kind of ugly looking to path to, and no way to improve it.

Though, due to lockstep, aiming Tornado Shot is really nice, since you can always get the sweet spot on the enemy without worry about them being desync'd. Finally, the gem rewards make for a much easier time acquiring all the gems you'd want. Especially your curses and heralds/Hatred. You'll pretty much have any supports you need as well.

You can basically play self-found if you felt like it and wouldn't have a worry in the world with this build. (As a Ranger at least)
El Psy Congroo.
Last edited by Patchumz on Jun 2, 2015, 9:34:53 PM
All right boys (and gals? Maybe?), need some advice here.

So today is my birthday and I've had this sitting around for a while now:

I decided right at midnight I was going to finally upgrade my bow (shown below)

Spoiler

Basically nothing special, 388 pDPS that I've been using for probably 2 months now. Trying to weigh my options right now, basically comes down to:

1) Mirror Glyph Mark (Mirror + 90 exa, which I have) from AXN

2) Mirror lesser known Mind Reach (loses ~21 pDPS, still insane bow)

3) Keep current bow

It breaks down to fear of socket colors come 2.0. I have been using GGGBBR exclusively with TS-GMP-FA-PCoC and either WED/PTL for lots of damage or Added Fire/ICD for more conservative approach.

Anyhow, pros/cons of Glyph Mark:

It's a Glyph Mark
It's... a Glyph Mark
It's Mirror + 90 exa

Pros/cons of Mind Reach:
It's still insane
It's Mirror + 30 exa so I save 60 exa
Resale value is questionable

Pros/cons of keeping current:
I save Mirror and a lot of exa
I do mediocre DPS

What would you do? @_@
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
I don't think you do "mediocre" dps with that bow, very far from it.
That's the kind of bow that should achieve 50k dps fully buffed with appropriate gear, which I believe is really enough to slaughter anything in this game.
You gear is already really good though, upgrading other parts will be as hard.

If you really want to mirror a bow, at least wait for 2.0, to weigh the skills changes and required supports for them.

Expect ~40% more dps with a mirrored bow.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Last edited by Panini_aux_olives on Jun 3, 2015, 2:48:22 AM
"
allsunsdawn wrote:

Spoiler

Basically nothing special, 388 pDPS that I've been using for probably 2 months now. Trying to weigh my options right now, basically comes down to:

3) Keep current bow

It breaks down to fear of socket colors come 2.0. I have been using GGGBBR exclusively with TS-GMP-FA-PCoC and either WED/PTL for lots of damage or Added Fire/ICD for more conservative approach.

It's a Glyph Mark
It's... a Glyph Mark
It's Mirror + 90 exa

Pros/cons of Mind Reach:
It's still insane

I do mediocre DPS

What would you do? @_@

well i can tell you the damage i have right now so you will know roughly your dps standing with it,,,,with current gear n gems 57k dps tornado n 125k puncture as of right now,, but with that high of dps for tornado reflect rips you quite often if not carefull just turn off hatred,,
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Last edited by dragnmith1 on Jun 3, 2015, 4:14:19 AM
"
allsunsdawn wrote:

Spoiler

3) Keep current bow

It's a Glyph Mark
It's... a Glyph Mark
It's Mirror + 90 exa

Pros/cons of Mind Reach:
It's still insane

I do mediocre DPS

What would you do? @_@

There's also a 4th option: buy an already mirrored bow that has your preferred colors. Seeing as there's quite a few for sale under 300ex on POE.TRADE that could save you a considerable amount of Exalts.

My advise however would be to stick with your current bow for now, and at least wait untill 2.0 with the upgrade so you can first experiment with what socket colors work best.

Cheers
mirror an ammy, no sockets, still huge dps boost

http://poe.trade/search/domomkekitoniy

or wait for 2.0
"
allsunsdawn wrote:

It's a Glyph Mark
It's... a Glyph Mark
It's Mirror + 90 exa

Pros/cons of Mind Reach:
It's still insane

I do mediocre DPS

What would you do? @_@

My Advise is 2 questions:
Is there something that you can't do now that you can do with that other bow?
If yes, is doing that thing going to make your "fun level" playing the game increase worth the investment?

Edit: And PS> I would die if I had your current bow, so sometimes it's easy to loose sight of the great things we have, desiring what we do not have. :)
Last edited by Shinare on Jun 3, 2015, 9:41:16 AM
Welp, last night I threw another exalt's worth of fuses at my chest and came up no dice again. Its now official. It would have cost me less to master craft the 5 link and now I'm outta fuses. heh

Oh well. c'est la vie. this noob be rekt.

Oh one actual question. Before the passive reset, this toon was a 7 Frenzy shooter, so I took the +1 bandit. Any profitable gain in investing in the 2 +1 Frenzy passives that are nearby and using frenzy rather than puncture with this build?
Last edited by Shinare on Jun 3, 2015, 9:57:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info