[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
allsunsdawn wrote:
Wanted to ask some hypotheticals. I'm getting close to Glyph Mark territory and I want to get some thoughts. I've seen more mapping oriented setups where T-Shot gets put on a 6L and people go more tanky with a Kaom's as their chest instead of another 6L. Puncture gets moved to a 4L if it even gets used, but when I'm in a dom rot it doesn't feel like I need it anyways.

Sooooo I'm struggling between moving away from Drillneck/Pierce and moving towards the Added Fire/Physical to Lightning setup instead, with an Ele + Dual Crit Quiver instead of Drillneck. I would be using Kaom's to be more tanky in a party as well (non-Legacy, unfortunately). Has anyone had a lot of experience with this type of setup?

Current gear was posted a few pages back, and hasn't changed, but ofc course things will be adjusted to cap resists etc if I go for Glyph Mark.

Spoiler

Would have to be Regret'ing away the Pierce Node for STR Nodes to support Kaom's, but should make my impact in a 6-man felt a lot more. Thoughts or suggestions?

Oh, and also I suppose I should ask about whether an investment in a GGGBBR Glyph Mark is a good idea right now or not, since the socket colors aren't changing.

to tell ya the truth the higher damage you go the more you have to becareful of REFLECT lol, 1 shot is more common when your doing 57k nado n 112k puncture... current gear
res are 65-45-75 at the moment
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
playing a TS ranger at std and would like to know where i should upgrade first
im lvl74 and the gear is from torment i think
tree
my gear:

edit: removed avatar of the hunt and aspect of the eagle nodes
Last edited by MrZimz on May 22, 2015, 4:42:11 PM
This is such a sick guide. This is the best guide I've seen, albeit I haven't looked at terribly many. I'm about to make this build, thank you so much for taking the time to make this.
"
MrZimz wrote:
im lvl74

start with the Maligaro's Virtuosity Deerskin Gloves to get your crits up
http://poe.trade/search/riawotewahonim
Double post sorry
Last edited by Kramerika on May 22, 2015, 10:58:21 PM
hey guys my tornado dps is around 8k with all auras (herald of thunder/ hatred/ herald of ash)

and im lvl 77

is that low? im using lioneyes

also some people dont use pierce on their tornado shot and instead use added fire damage or physical to lightning

is that a better choice?
guide says use pierce gem with drillneck
"
Tallion99 wrote:
"
MrZimz wrote:
im lvl74

start with the Maligaro's Virtuosity Deerskin Gloves to get your crits up
http://poe.trade/search/riawotewahonim

ok, so i would need new jewelery/boots too since i have leech on my gloves

edit: gloves from other char, dont want to destroy the colour
bow has 226pDPS bit low for me
Last edited by MrZimz on May 23, 2015, 5:06:49 AM
"
Kramerika wrote:
hey guys my tornado dps is around 8k with all auras (herald of thunder/ hatred/ herald of ash)

and im lvl 77

is that low? im using lioneyes

also some people dont use pierce on their tornado shot and instead use added fire damage or physical to lightning

is that a better choice?
In 1 month, I've tried both TS, GMP, PPAD, AFD with a rare quiver and TS, GMP, PPAD, Pierce with Drillneck. There's a 15-20% difference in favor of the rare quiver and this is enough to make it superior. This test was with low dps though (5-6k), and without piercing shot, gem levels at 17-18.
Overall, I'd say Piece is the gem to add as 5th or even 6th slot. You have better supports to use for lower configs.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
thanks for the guide

give a try just for fun and love it^^

crappy gear taking dust in my stash

Spoiler

lvl 68atm swap for 20/20gmp+atziri boots and doriany's belt(have to buy one)next lvl
the only problem is capping res when changing an item

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info