[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

Hey there,

First of all, thanks for the great guide. Wouldn't reach the level I'm at now without it.

Anyway, I have 2 question that bother me greatly.

1. I've corrupted a quiver and it turned out like that:

Some people told me it's worth quite a lot and that I should probably stick to it, so I did. Then they told me to switch my TS GMP for LMP. I did so, but I'm not sure if that's the right approach. What gem would you personally use with that quiver for TS?

2. I don't really run - max ele or ele weakness maps, because well it's quite easy to die there (1m flashback league is kinda crazy with the mods). Is there a point in overcapping resistances to 125% to counter the curses? Not sure if that should bother me or not. Atm, I'm at 80-130% with my reses, except chaos obviously.
1. very good quiver indeed, and switching to LMP seems to the right choice. In optimal conditions, you get 4*70% instead of 5*50% before, so you gain 30%. With GMP and this quiver, you would have 6*50% which is even more, but the probability to shotgun with 6 arrows seems rather low, maybe null even.

2. I do ele weakness maps by switching my HoA's ele prolif by Purity of Element, then I must turn off HoA. If you can have enough overcap resist to absorb ele weakness without impairing your build, then yes do it, definitely.
-max res: it depends of the other mods :p
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
so i got the maligaros and bought new boots and ring to cap my resis, save for a better bow now ? FA or AFD for 5th link ? TS-GMP-PPAD-ICD-?

Spoiler

some quivers in my stash
Spoiler
FA / AFD: pretty similar in term of tooltip dps. FA uses more mana, AFD will be resisted more easily.
Bow needs an upgrade for sure.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
"
FA / AFD: pretty similar in term of tooltip dps. FA uses more mana, AFD will be resisted more easily.
Bow needs an upgrade for sure.

ok thx will save for a bow, hope i can get something sweet for ~5ex
Last edited by MrZimz on May 24, 2015, 10:40:45 AM
I made some adjustments to my setup just based on my playstyle. At the moment I'm just doing 1-2 man 75-77 maps (saving all 78 for Dom Rots) so I don't really need Puncture unless I start doing Atziri again, which is not remotely profitable in perm league and I'd rather have the exa from Fragments.

This is what I'm using now:

Spoiler

I also have:

Which potentially could allow me to switch to LMP but I lose a lot of crit, so I'm hesitant to do so. Kaom's, even if non-Legacy, has been super nice and I'm sitting about 30 life away from 6K life. I have currency prepped for a potential Glyph Mark buy, but I really don't want to commit to anything, especially with new tier mods and potentially different gem configurations.

Only 27K GMP TS with 20Q Gems (leveling a new set atm so they will be lower in what I linked), but more than enough for 75-77 Maps
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 24, 2015, 12:50:15 PM
You don't need a better bow, honestly. I'd rather mirror an amulet or quiver with legacy crit multi, but I agree you should wait until 2.0, so that we know more about the new tier of mods.
"
You don't need a better bow, honestly. I'd rather mirror an amulet or quiver with legacy crit multi, but I agree you should wait until 2.0, so that we know more about the new tier of mods.

Yeah I just feel for some reason 27K GMP TS is somewhat low for damage, but could just be me. The bow I have is nice, ~389 pDPS I believe, but the allure of getting another 160 pDPS is definitely tempting.

I did take a look into Legacy Crit Multi quivers and well rolled ones are definitely gonna break into the mirror fund if I choose to go that route, so I haven't decided yet. However, that said, maps have really not been a problem. Gonna get together a 6L so I can still have a Puncture-Trap setup.
hey guys i got a question!

its prolly a bit stupid but whatever

first of all - the guide is excellent and does not miss any important things

the thing i have a problem with is the leveling section

i am really familiar with all other classes but i just cant play with ranger it seems

so my question: what should i level with ?

im playing in the 1month hc league and got alot of stuff from other chars that i can use

do rangers lvl with bows, and if so which skills ?

i got split shot as first quest reward and it SUCKS :O

ofc i only have a white bow yet, but this 2 arrows almost do no dmg and im out of mana in seconds

should i better use a 2h weapon and rush through the acts with static strike ? ( i do that with marauder/templar/duelist)

maybe some experienced ranger can help me out with my issue..

i read the whole guide more than 1x and i know there is a leveling section, but he writes that we do good dmg and can tank a bit -> i feel nothing of that yet, in fact i couldnt even do the first mobs without problems ( WAY more problems than with other classes )

any advice is highly appreciated !

thanks

Generally for leveling if you have access to Elreon Jewelry it's pretty easy.

Silverbranch >>> Quill Rain early with Burning Arrow (from the dead exile) to get you to Storm Cloud, with 2 pieces of Elreon Jewelry Storm Cloud carries you pretty far. At 32 you get Death's Harp and the rest is up to you :)
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 24, 2015, 2:47:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info