[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

I guess the answer to my qustion is well-known, but i still can't find a straight.
Playing on hardcore leagues now and then, and enjoy this build quite a lot - but some things scratching my mind:
1: Why not iron reflexes, given that one has A LOT of eva? Currently i got my hands on some nice items, and my evasion skyrocketed. What will give more "surviveability" - lightning coil(and pure-eva), or 2k+ eva chest + iron reflexes? And also can it be worthy to use purity of lightning /w coil over grace?
i kinda fear getting one-shotted through evasion% and cwdt setup.
2: Rats nest vs alpha's? again, toughness-wise. this question goes along with first, because i enjoyed oldschool alpha's+grace+iron reflexes.
Thank you in advance.
Last edited by ShadowWordHate on May 20, 2015, 8:09:59 PM
@shadowwordhate

I personally run rat's nest...its gives a lot for me....i also play in HC league. I run everysingle map mod there is up to 75 maps including physical reflect and have never died to reflect....high evasion/ondar's and cwdt guarantee you'll never die to reflect.
we will see how well ondars works after awakening with the ongoing balance "nerf".
Why not use chain instead of piercing?

And furthermore: Wouldn't Bloodletting be interesting for the puncture skill?
Last edited by AceNightfire on May 21, 2015, 7:58:15 PM
Wanted to ask some hypotheticals. I'm getting close to Glyph Mark territory and I want to get some thoughts. I've seen more mapping oriented setups where T-Shot gets put on a 6L and people go more tanky with a Kaom's as their chest instead of another 6L. Puncture gets moved to a 4L if it even gets used, but when I'm in a dom rot it doesn't feel like I need it anyways.

Sooooo I'm struggling between moving away from Drillneck/Pierce and moving towards the Added Fire/Physical to Lightning setup instead, with an Ele + Dual Crit Quiver instead of Drillneck. I would be using Kaom's to be more tanky in a party as well (non-Legacy, unfortunately). Has anyone had a lot of experience with this type of setup?

Current gear was posted a few pages back, and hasn't changed, but ofc course things will be adjusted to cap resists etc if I go for Glyph Mark.

Spoiler

Would have to be Regret'ing away the Pierce Node for STR Nodes to support Kaom's, but should make my impact in a 6-man felt a lot more. Thoughts or suggestions?

Oh, and also I suppose I should ask about whether an investment in a GGGBBR Glyph Mark is a good idea right now or not, since the socket colors aren't changing.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on May 22, 2015, 12:51:28 AM
Thought it'd be pretty funny to see how many uniques I could cram into this ranger and still have resistance caps and be somewhat viable. Turns out all these uniques made the build a lot cheaper.

Using infractem essentially makes all your cheap 5L into psuedo-6L because there's no need for pierce anymore. Thief's Torment easily makes up for no life/mana leech, but then it brings a whole new downside of lower crit and resistances.

While I would have liked to use drillneck, the fact is, the only non-unique pieces I had were an amulet and quiver.

Anyways, in total all the pieces together probably costed around 5-6 exalts.

Gear:
Spoiler

Having +63% speed is really nice. Might want to mention I took the +1 endurance charge because I'm using daresso's.

Defense stats:
Spoiler

And the passive tree doesn't change a whole lot. I decided to go for the scion life wheel
what should i do?
ilvl78
Last edited by davc1234567890 on May 22, 2015, 5:48:53 AM
I think it worth to multi mod, then flat physcial damage, crit chance. Then on average you will get a bow with 310+ pdps and 8.7 crit chance.

You need to use blessing to get 50% crit chance.
Just want to say thanks for the guide.
I managed to kill Atziri at 85 yesterday, which is my first Atziri try.
This is a great build since I only have normal gears.

Gears

When mapping I use Herald of Thunder-Curse on Hit-Assasin's Mark, but for Aztizi I will switch to Herald of Ice and Spilt Arrow-Chain-Curse on Hit-Assasin's Mark.

I just followed the last example build with 112 points - extra 178% life, harrier, evasion, crit. But I don't know if I can go to that level.

try my first bow build and was not bad on lvl-ing(vendor recipe help till maps) but after was a problem getting dps, still some1 swap a chin sol and I take it but I pay him a few c, don't wanted bad karma, rest of gear was self found except the atziri flask(need it for dps boost)

Still my dps with hatred+HOI+HOA is around6.7k with GMP, and phis ref a problem, hope 2 get currency 2 roll the right colors and put a CwDT set up, current lvl 87.

Spoiler
Itemsiler]

Spoiler
back up items

ps cant complain on drops Drill and rat drope on a zana daily, and had some luck on mao kun map where a kaom hart drope, hope 2 find or craft a decent bow.
Last edited by yoohoohoo on May 22, 2015, 9:39:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info