[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
jvtrain wrote:
I would look at the Point Blank-Trap setup for another utility shot. Great for handling reflect rares/uniques and Atziri bosses.

Hello, thanks for your answer! Could you explain me what that setup is?
Last edited by Darkaleb on Apr 9, 2015, 3:28:12 AM
"
Darkaleb wrote:
"
jvtrain wrote:
I would look at the Point Blank-Trap setup for another utility shot. Great for handling reflect rares/uniques and Atziri bosses.

Hello, thanks for your answer! Could you explain me what that setup is?

Check the first post for gem details.

The basics are Puncture->Trap->Point Blank->Increased Critical Damage->PPAD->Increased Critical Chance. There are variations substituting Puncture for Burning Arrow and altering support gems to enhance elemental damage. The main purpose of having a PB/Trap setup is when you need to kite bosses while damaging them, dealing with dangerous reflect situations or front loading damage on a boss phase.

Using this gem set up and mechanic is helpful in clearing the Apex of Sacrifice, especially trio and Atziri herself. You can have 3 traps up at one time, so for instance when Atziri summons her 4 copies, you can pre-set 3 traps right at the feet of the copy you want to kill. This will instantly burn a ton of their health as soon as they become damageable and zero chance of damage being reflected. This also works in a much earlier boss situation like Dominus and his minions.
Newb Player Jan. 2015 IGN: Ripcurve, Ripspell
-He who forgets will be destined to remember...
"
jvtrain wrote:
The basics are Puncture->Trap->Point Blank->Increased Critical Damage->PPAD->Increased Critical Chance. There are variations substituting Puncture for Burning Arrow and altering support gems to enhance elemental damage. The main purpose of having a PB/Trap setup is when you need to kite bosses while damaging them, dealing with dangerous reflect situations or front loading damage on a boss phase.

Using this gem set up and mechanic is helpful in clearing the Apex of Sacrifice, especially trio and Atziri herself. You can have 3 traps up at one time, so for instance when Atziri summons her 4 copies, you can pre-set 3 traps right at the feet of the copy you want to kill. This will instantly burn a ton of their health as soon as they become damageable and zero chance of damage being reflected. This also works in a much earlier boss situation like Dominus and his minions.

Thank you very much, haven't seen the first post but it seems a really good strategy. I'll try it soon.
2.0 hype!

Let's see what awesome new Toys we'll get
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Apr 10, 2015, 4:55:57 AM
Well written and very fun/informative to read.

I am running Phys TS in the 1MHC.

Spoiler

And this waiting for me at 68.

Spoiler

I am definitely enjoying it, but I feel you definitely have to get the feeling for how much HP you need, and balance that with a good damage output. I tried to rely on just good bows but you do need to strike a balance between going for pure defense nodes and picking up some damage in there.

Am currently 65, and content is cleared quite fast with a lot of safety. I really enjoy evasion, and with my boots/helm I am getting a really decent amount.

But yes, it is viable for 1MHC, but definitely pick up Storm Cloud, Death's Harp to make it comfortable.
IGN: PurpleTrapperPuppet / Perandus
Awesome build!

Still working on the windripper variation?:D
"
Awesome build!

It's done, I'll write down the contents at some point.

Though at this point I'll likely wait for 2.0.
I'll try to update the guide ASAP (it'll happen faster if I'll get into beta, can't wait to get my hands on it and test out the new possibilities. I'll go mad if I won't get into beta )
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Last edited by NeverSink on Apr 10, 2015, 10:38:32 PM
"
"
Awesome build!

It's done, I'll write down the contents at some point.

Though at this point I'll likely wait for 2.0.
I'll try to update the guide ASAP (it'll happen faster if I'll get into beta, can't wait to get my hands on it and test out the new possibilities. I'll go mad if I won't get into beta )

you'll have fun making a new skill tree for the windripper (again :P)

but think about this... you could use ele hit! it got buffed... now with 1 less mana ._. and without any calories
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad
I would appreciate it if u answer my question

i have supported my herald of ice with added cold damage it works well. now i have the idea to support both heralds(ice and ash) with increase burnning damage. what do u think??

tyvm
"
FR50 wrote:
I would appreciate it if u answer my question

i have supported my herald of ice with added cold damage it works well. now i have the idea to support both heralds(ice and ash) with increase burnning damage. what do u think??

tyvm

WHYYY !?! why would you do that, it should only work on the active effect and costs more mana
IGN - NeilahMistwalker
- ShrubSquad

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info