[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

What if I replace Tornado shot with Frenzy in Curse-on-hit link? It's never too much APS, right?
What do you think, does it worth it?
Sorry my bad english, I'm not the native speaker. Please treat with understanding.
You will curse much less targets.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Just a quick post about my experience thus far in the 1-month league using Lioneye's Glare.

There are quite a few posts on the Internet claiming that Lioneye's is a poor choice for a physical-crit bow build due to the "Hit's Can't Be Evaded" affix on the bow. What this means is that if you hit a physical reflect mob you will not be able to evade reflected damage. Because of this, there's a perception that Lioneye's is unsuitable because it's thought that you'll often die to reflect.

I was extremely worried about reflect but I saw that Neversink tentatively recommended the bow and I saw a few posts claiming that Lioneye's was in fact fine in a properly constructed physical-crit spec.

So I decided to forge ahead taking the following precautions to minimize reflect problems:
1) Use the Lightning Coil chestpiece (30% of physical damage taken as lightning damage);
2) Use the Physical to Lightning skill gem (50% of physical damage converted to lightning damage);
3) Use a CWDT setup to activate Immortal Call;
4) Spec Vaal Pact

What I've found so far...

Physical reflect for me at level 79 is a complete non-issue. Yellow-spike mob in a pack? No problem. Let fly with Tornado Shot!; no trouble at all.

In fact, I have less reflect trouble with my Lioneye's than I have with my Harbinger (on another charcter in Standard League).

Also, I haven't yet found the need to spec into Vaal Pact, though that remains an option if higher DPS causes any issues.

My gear:
Spoiler

My spec (basically a Neversink spec focusing on life):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYj9iT9JT8mlSoLKk0s6TBxMHwx-jKUNZI2PTnUOkI64T8nSn1KyEt4TZJRR1VLVvpbr11oYeJirGVNZ6BsjG1sbqpv8nBSdct293fXeOt_An8rhs6Hdow2jX2Nv5UFmvGbjZ2qoJ-m4KvSr-u1SLXyvTa-p8EzyqnK09N-1CPWiti92cbajd0N3ajjn-cK51TndOjW6mLrFO2D73ryRfPq_MX-Cv6P_94=

Last edited by hankinsohl on Apr 6, 2015, 2:13:14 PM
I'm lvl 88 with very average gear, at best. I've been using Lioneye's for quite some time and I would say from my experience that it's an excellent bow for early end game and only poses a threat from reflect damage if the rest of your gear is approaching best-in-slot and you have a habit of just face-rolling on tornado shot into reflect packs or on a reflect map. I'd also wager that if you have a great Glyph Mark you're going to die just as fast if you continue to spam TS into reflect packs/maps. If my TS were 20K instead of 15K, I'd be worried about reflect regardless of LG or well rolled Harbinger. I've done nothing with my gear other than run phys->lightning as my 6th gem in TS link.

I can't say from direct experience as I'm still working on crafting my own 6S5L Harbinger. Playing mostly self-found as a casual player who's pretty awful at amassing currency.

GEAR
Spoiler

IIR is usually Phys->Lightning

PASSIVES
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYi4iP2JP0mlSoLLOkwcTB8MfoyATKUNj051DpCR35H4kp9S3hNklFHVUtW-luvXWheRWHiYetirGVNZ6BsjG1sb_JwUnDVcsN1y3b3d9d463pTfXV_An8rhs6HdonTjDaNfY2_kAqS85UFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6Q5puCrC7IZtUi3tr02vqfBM8qpytPMBs3qz3rQgdN-1CPWitnG3Q3dqOOf5wrnVOd06NbqYusU7YPvevPq-uv8xf66_94=
Newb Player Jan. 2015 IGN: Ripcurve, Ripspell
-He who forgets will be destined to remember...
Been playing this build for a while on and off , need some advice on how to upgrade

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsVIBa_GY4ZtB9BIXYi4iP2JP0lPyaVKgss6TBxMHwyATKUNj051DpCR35H4kp9S3hNklFHVUtW-luvXWheRWHiYetirGVNZ6BsjG1sb_JwUnXLd9d463pTfXV_An8rhs6Hdow2jX2Nv5AKkvOVBZrxmyabjZ2qoJ-kOabgpzSr0q_rshm1SL02vqfAnMEzyqnK08960IHTftQj1orZxtqN3Q3dqOOE45_nCudU53To1upi7YPvevPq-uv8xf66_94=

Just got this harbinger , seems ok , i was thinking maybe gems or amulet to upgrade ?
Since there is all the talk about Lioneye's Glare, can you comment on it vs an Infractem? I've been doing this build in the 1MSC and been trucking along with Infractem + Thief's Torment, handled up to 73 maps so far with ease. Also, frenzy and curse on hit assassin's mark is so good with Infractem, since you hit the entire pack when you shoot into them, meaning I'm running around with a permanent 4 frenzy charges and often times 4 power charges as well.
I'm pretty sure LG is superior to infractem. From my experience, it compares equally to a harbinger with 15% less pdps.
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Hi everyone!

Thank you OP for this guide. Thanks to it I created a character that beat mercilles for the first time, and got a character that can do maps (level 68). The problem is, that since it's my very first character that got this far, I'm not sure what exactly to do next.

My gear

Tabula Rasa and Three Dragons are self found. I have about 1 ex to spend. I already bought Atziri's Step. Next I want to get Marigado's Virtuosity and a 50%+ crit strike, 30%+ multiplier, life quiver. Next change jewellery/belt so that I have max res and as much life as possible.

My skill tree is pretty much the same as in your guide.
If you change the gloves, you will miss the mana leech, unless you stick to use BM support[1]. Same for the res with the quiver and boots. So first look for piece of gear that will cover this loss, then you can upgrade for Maligaro and a better quiver.

You belt lacks resistance, get two there, if not three. And don't forget master crafting which can fix lots of resistance for you. The iron ring seriously needs an upgrade too.

Another cheap and effective upgrade: buy a ~320 pdps Lioneye's glare. Read posts above yours, and the linked thread in my post, to see its effectiveness.

[1] you shouldn't need BM in your setup, but if you want to keep it, then you don't have to worry about mana leech and can go on with Maligaro asap.
Hi guys!
Decided to use TS on both AOE and single target, and now i have a 6L free:

do you have any advice on how optimize it?
I was thinking about a 6L CWDT, cause i don't need curse (already use ass mark on herald of thunder) or another particular attack...

Thank you all in advance!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info