[3.0] NeverSink's ♣ INDEPTH Tornado&Archer Guide ♣ Beginner friendly ♣ Rapid clear ♣ All bosses

"
Burnit wrote:
"
"
Burnit wrote:
Hey, Great guide here :)
Pretty much followed it on the 1month league.
I didn't feel like going for drillneck, instead I went for dmg+res+life quivery,
and reached 21k dps tooltip, w/o power charges.
My question was that:
Is there physical to lightning gem on your tornado dps calculator somewhere hidden?
Just can't find it :P
I'm running Tornado(lv19+20%)+GMP(lv19+20%)+PPAD(lv20+20%)+WED(lv18+20%)+PhysToLight(lv19+20%),
works great vs all reflect and great dps.

Yes there is. Copy the current read only page, I've added it recntly.

Cool, cheers :)

There is some odd miscalculation either your form or ingame.

With +95% attack speed and 1.1 speed bow:

Ingame = 2.1 attacks per second

Your form = 2 attacks per second

Tried to find what is wrong, but i didn't quite get the IAS*AS IF-function.

Are you sure you didn't forget some internal stats, like maybe bandit rewards?

I'll look into it later though
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
"
"
"
Yes there is. Copy the current read only page, I've added it recntly.

Cool, cheers :)

There is some odd miscalculation either your form or ingame.

With +95% attack speed and 1.1 speed bow:

Ingame = 2.1 attacks per second

Your form = 2 attacks per second

Tried to find what is wrong, but i didn't quite get the IAS*AS IF-function.

Are you sure you didn't forget some internal stats, like maybe bandit rewards?

I'll look into it later though

Yeah I'm sure, checked on tooltip that +95% attack speed aswell.

On char screen I mean, and I took +18%pdmg on bandit
Last edited by Burnit on Apr 14, 2015, 2:41:31 AM
Howdy! First time attempting a bow Ranger here. Superb guide, I read most of it, but I'l be sure to comeback when I hit 40 or so.

I was wondering, maybe I missed it, but no Clarity? Just 2% Mana Leech is enough?

Many thanks, cheers.
Potato girl keeps on runnin'
"
scabre89 wrote:
Howdy! First time attempting a bow Ranger here. Superb guide, I read most of it, but I'l be sure to comeback when I hit 40 or so.

I was wondering, maybe I missed it, but no Clarity? Just 2% Mana Leech is enough?

Many thanks, cheers.

2% has been plenty for me for most of my leveling and mapping, I had Mind Drinker when my gear didn't have it. However, I have struggled some to maintain output of TS when mob packs are not big enough and it's especially bad when I use a Physical to Lightning gem as my 6th gem in TS link. I've resorted to using a increased critical chance gem sometimes.
Newb Player Jan. 2015 IGN: Ripcurve, Ripspell
-He who forgets will be destined to remember...
Thanks alot for the guide, it has been very helpful. I started playing a couple months ago from d3, and now have a lvl 70 ts ranger that I can conformtable do lower level maps with.

THe main issue I had right now was with running the three auras (hatred, herald of ice, and herald of ash). I can do it but run out of mana in some situations with my current setup (obviously will make some changes as I can). Which do you think would be more effective overall to drop for now, the hoa or hoi aura?
"

The calculation is super simple and it should be correct too.
There's 95% from gear, 10% from GMP.

That's:

(1.1 * ( 1 + 0.95 + 0.1 ) ) * 0.9) = 2.0295.

The result was previously rounded down to 2.0
I changed it and it now displays 2.03

I don't know where the mistake is, maybe GGG rounds the attack speed up, but there is honestly very very little that can go wrong here.

Everything comes out correctly for my setup

"
THe main issue I had right now was with running the three auras (hatred, herald of ice, and herald of ash). I can do it but run out of mana in some situations with my current setup (obviously will make some changes as I can). Which do you think would be more effective overall to drop for now, the hoa or hoi aura?

Either is fine, just keep leveling both. I'd drop HoI.

"

Many thanks, cheers.

1-3% mana leech (depending on your bow) will be enough later on.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Whoops I'm an idiot, disregard :D
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Apr 15, 2015, 6:34:14 AM
"
"

The calculation is super simple and it should be correct too.
There's 95% from gear, 10% from GMP.

That's:

(1.1 * ( 1 + 0.95 + 0.1 ) ) * 0.9) = 2.0295.

The result was previously rounded down to 2.0
I changed it and it now displays 2.03

I don't know where the mistake is, maybe GGG rounds the attack speed up, but there is honestly very very little that can go wrong here.

Everything comes out correctly for my setup

Yeah that's what I was thinking..

No idea, I came into pretty much same conclusion that maybe GGG display rounded up AS.

Thou I tried changing AS on the formula to 2.1 and it raised the dps over my tooltip,
think they are using the exact attack speed, by not rounding it anywhere.
"
Tallion99 wrote:
"
Tallion99 wrote:
"
Tallion99 wrote:
So far so good on this build in standard. been pretty fun but geting to the point soon where i need to upgrade to the next set of hardware...
Level 61

level 75

Evade chance: 48%
Crit chance: 53.1%
Crit mult: 461%
mana leech: 8%
life leech: 1%

spent about 1.5 ex for gems and 3.5 ex for gear... now just have to save up for a 6 linker bow and body armour...

level 83 tree
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAm40ILgBeGY7tg9N-73oKm-cKeOv8xVb6fyt311FHMHxNkiP2jX2m4H8CMpTZxpUFyqldaJrxCInUIwW1jb_Wim1sbIydqjY9Yqy1SKc0wJzjhB9BBiMDHha_YeImlVVL53To1nBSKgvz6ow2oJ9v8jnUwTOGziF2W6_dDf_eJP3nVK_rLOm-pxm0ytPqYnXLvTZlTaQ50IFH4iLiFSA6Qkt43agwcZAKKk0_J0rIbqo1krXy2L3-j31brEdRTE3jmyYyAbIZz3o=

level 83 gear

setup with my final gear now at level 88... remaining points will go into crit

Evade chance: 45%
Crit chance: 52.1%
Crit mult: 479%
mana leech: 6%
life leech: 1%
HP: 4635
TS DPS: 18.3k
Puncture (trap): 12.5k (lmp): 20.8k

All-in at about 50 exalted with the bow and body armour accounting for 90% of it

Level 88 Gear

Looks very nice! I'm about to upgrade my bow and it's super exciting. Been playing with this for about a month now:

Will have something with 400+ pDPS by the end of the week hopefully >_<

Also tried Atziri for the first time and it didn't go well, only because I was unprepared for the larger Flameblast spell that she does and I wound up dying 3 times against her. But have the feeling if I did it again it wouldn't be an issue.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info