1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

So I had the itch to play this again... I built one a long time ago but didn't have a good amount of funds to make it really shine. So here's to a second try.

I also recall having a lot of mana issues since Ice Shot in a 6L is super expensive, so maybe this will help:

Updates to come when I hit 75 so I can use all the gear I planned ^^
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Fausimo wrote:
"
Most important for a life based character with evasion - A Lightning Coil chest (not a Belly of the Beast unless you spent up your skill points on all life nodes) using full Acrobatics nodes chosen in tree is a must. Again this is for those that use uniques. I would suggest a full blown 2k Evasion chest with 120+ tri resists and 80+ life and go that route.

I dont think lightning coil is a good idea it adds lightning dmg wich will feeze/shatter the mobs making the prolifs useless

I agree with a better rare eva chest and a strong rare bow
You can get better rare boots and belt pretty easily too
Le heup is easily replaceable too

I am playing with lightning coil, and recently droped the three dragons, I have never freeze a mob yet are you sure it works like that?
Last edited by EzBreesy on Jun 11, 2015, 1:01:36 PM
"
EzBreesy wrote:
"
Fausimo wrote:
"
Most important for a life based character with evasion - A Lightning Coil chest (not a Belly of the Beast unless you spent up your skill points on all life nodes) using full Acrobatics nodes chosen in tree is a must. Again this is for those that use uniques. I would suggest a full blown 2k Evasion chest with 120+ tri resists and 80+ life and go that route.

I dont think lightning coil is a good idea it adds lightning dmg wich will feeze/shatter the mobs making the prolifs useless

I agree with a better rare eva chest and a strong rare bow
You can get better rare boots and belt pretty easily too
Le heup is easily replaceable too

I am playing with lightning coil, and recently droped the three dragons, I have never freeze a mob yet are you sure it works like that?

if you do enough lightning damage (with 3 dragons) compared to the target's max life you will freeze i think.
the 20-30 damage on coil might not exceed the threshold needed to cause a freeze.
that's good for people who want to use the coil.

"
OlaSarcasm wrote:

2 questions though, in the videos it seems like the only thing that crits reliably is the puncture traps, do you have any problems with crits in general?
Secondly, will 1 additional trap implicit from Doryani's be a good addition? If I'm right here, it means you can put down 4 puncture traps at once instead of 3 at once, right?

Lastly I think the double vaal kills are fantastic, and I can't wait to pull that off myself.

chil sol has a low base crit chance.
more traps are always good.

"
ishmaelbeah wrote:
So, If i replace Voll's devotion with some bad ass mirrored necklace would that make up for the fact that i wont have endurance charges as frequently for immortal call?

replace frost wall with enduring cry.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jun 13, 2015, 3:13:35 PM
This build is easily one of my favorites to play. Thanks for creating it!

But will it still work in 2.0? I fear the nerfs to elemental proliferation on both radius and a 30% damage decrease may be too much.
I don't have a beta key, has anyone else tested it?
Forget about this build on 2.0: Elemental Proliferation was destroyed.
are gonna update this build for awakening patch?

its an awesome build i wanna keep using this build in 2.0
Hopefully someone can figure this out. I tried to respec it and keep it mostly the same, but the changes to leech destroyed it....you can no longer be sustainable......
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Keep Hope Alive
well, I am currently lvl 70, and I had to come up with a few work arounds, but I think the build will still be viable....just a little less powerful. I found that I was almost never using the curse anyway, so i got rid of that and went with an Ice Golem to add crit chance. Not sure if that is the way to go yet, but it is helping. The Mana regen cluster under the deulist helps a lot with the mana, but health leech is almost non-existant....I'm talking 2-5 health per arrow shot. Currently using more pots as a work around. If anyone has any ideas, please post them up.
Exile

"Bullshit, you get the game for free."
-Qarl
Can you update a new version.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info