1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Single target gem setup question:
If i take Point Blank passive and replace Point Blank Gem with Pierce Gem. Will my Puncture benefit from that ?
Did you try do uber with budget gear?
Is this better/worse than TS/puncture or just different? Its better choice for HC than TS/puncture? I cant decide what to follow :(
So I wanna build this and have been saving up for it for some time.

I've made a little price list for the full unique set for those who are interested in the high-budget version.

6L Chin Sol - 17 - 22 exa.
6L Belly - ca 26 exa.
The Three Dragons - maximum 15c.
Legacy Maligaro's - 7exa. Non legacy are a few chaos.
Atziri's Step - 20c+ for good rolls.
Doryani's with Additional Trap corruption - 5exa
Voll's Devotion - 21 - 30 exa, really rare.
Romira's Banquet - 1 exa+.
Le Heup of all - 3 exa+.
Drillneck - 5exa

All prices are from Standard league, where I'll be doing this. I've saved up 40 exalted so far, and I'm considering selling my 6L Atziri's Disfavor to make the rest of the cash fast.

2 questions though, in the videos it seems like the only thing that crits reliably is the puncture traps, do you have any problems with crits in general?
Secondly, will 1 additional trap implicit from Doryani's be a good addition? If I'm right here, it means you can put down 4 puncture traps at once instead of 3 at once, right?

Lastly I think the double vaal kills are fantastic, and I can't wait to pull that off myself.
So, If i replace Voll's devotion with some bad ass mirrored necklace would that make up for the fact that i wont have endurance charges as frequently for immortal call?
What do u guys think about the prolif nerf coming up in closed beta 30% less damage and radius reduced to 12
"
Fausimo wrote:
What do u guys think about the prolif nerf coming up in closed beta 30% less damage and radius reduced to 12

I think if that's the case this build is about to take a huge nerf unless they happen to also buff Ice Shot, Herald of Ash, or something similar. Curious to see everyone else's thoughts on it. I am only level 35 so haven't even grown into my gear yet so I only know this build in theory.

On a side note, can someone explain to me why none of the Weapon Ele Damage nodes are prioritized on the skill tree over say, 10% phys node? Isn't weapon ele nodes a lot more powerful for this build, which is why the WED gem is used over PPAD? I am specifically referring to the nodes just to the left of Ondar's Guile.

Also, When I calculate your resists with the gear listed you are only at 71... how come your screens in character screen are over-capped when you only have 131 resists (including the 8% from Kraitlyn and 10% from skill tree)?
Last edited by Vaalamity on Apr 30, 2015, 1:48:14 PM
From previous questions a few posts back concerning elemental proliferation nerf etc.., this build is tweaking on 99% of what is available to people using uniques. Uniques are for building a char to higher levels not an end game character (unless you're rating end game as survivable at the least).

I must admit the use of this build is extraordinary for the current builds we play with uniques at this time and also cheap to attain but no nerfs will go against it like CI builds in the past with ES. (ES nerf killed my #1 PVP char going from 17k ES to 9k ES)

For old timers that have played this game would understand what I just said. In place of Chin Sol Bow I recommend that a die hard player (or someone with a goal that plays this game weekly more than 20hrs a week) would seek to attain a max physical and crit dmg chance bow and know what you're going into battle with in dmg and not chance via PVP or better yet in PVE (player vs environment) a 100% more dmg chance with knockback with a unique (at close range only). To me, silly for die hard players.

I am using this build tweaked and now at lvl 75 today. I need a real bow. lol

A Decimation bow (rated 450+ phy dmg) with high critical strike chance is going to cost you 140+ exalts (mirrored probably more unless you play crafting with lvl 8 masters on your account) yet required for an end game ranger.

Most important for a life based character with evasion - A Lightning Coil chest (not a Belly of the Beast unless you spent up your skill points on all life nodes) using full Acrobatics nodes chosen in tree is a must. Again this is for those that use uniques. I would suggest a full blown 2k Evasion chest with 120+ tri resists and 80+ life and go that route.

Physical damage cannot be ignored and the current physical armour increase sucks with pure AR chests etc.. once you hit 2000. To get around this using lightning resists must be maxed for the coil chest or use aura to get to 78+ lightning resist at least for phy dmg reduction at base 40 from this reflect unique chest.

I must say this is a very impressive build for virtually nothing. If you want to go PVP and know what your reputation can be and do maps easily. Unique items are rarely used other than gloves, belts, and boots once you get to lvl 90.

FYI, "As soon as you feel complacent with your build the programmers jack it up"

- Star (Officer of best PVP guild at this time)
Last edited by Rumpelstealskin on May 9, 2015, 8:33:22 AM
I was looking for a pure unique gear build , i hope this will be viable after act 4 because i want to try it .
}--=<All Masters LvL 8 Your Crafting Service>=--{ ---> Pm me in game ---> All_Ends_Here
"
Most important for a life based character with evasion - A Lightning Coil chest (not a Belly of the Beast unless you spent up your skill points on all life nodes) using full Acrobatics nodes chosen in tree is a must. Again this is for those that use uniques. I would suggest a full blown 2k Evasion chest with 120+ tri resists and 80+ life and go that route.

I dont think lightning coil is a good idea it adds lightning dmg wich will feeze/shatter the mobs making the prolifs useless

I agree with a better rare eva chest and a strong rare bow
You can get better rare boots and belt pretty easily too
Le heup is easily replaceable too

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info