1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Waiting for you new version update. Hope this build still great as always

for this build - pm me if want to buy
IGN: againtrap
Hey all, I contacted RRTSON (Build Creator) Hey says he plans on updating this build later this month. I personally didn't want to wait that long to play the build so I went ahead and remade the tree myself, I'm using the full unique version of this build and clearing level 77/78 maps pretty easily. Currently level 82 and gems are level 19/20 w/o quality. Still able to run Hatred + HoA w/ a level 2 enlighten.

I'll post my gear here so you guys can see along with my skill tree to hold you over until RRTSON gets around to tweaking it himself.

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAdEDHgW1BiMNjQ5IFr8Z_hsBG8gfQSF2Iuoj9iT9JpUqCyo4KlswcTB8MpQ2PTnUOkI6s0p9S3hNklFHUuxVS1uvXfJeRWHiYqxqjGyMb_JwUXBScNVxoXZvdoJ-sH8CfyuCXobOh3aJ04wLjDaNfY2_j0-S85UFnaqgn6EiokCi2aOKpuCn1K_rsNixMLTFtNG1CLVIuXzBM8FJwuzDOsSiyAzIFMjc1CPWithU2cbb59wV3ajjhOOf51To1uyw7g7z6vT49W_5Y_rr_MX-Hf7I_94=

I'm also currently selling this full set of gear for 35 Ex - Gems NOT Included.
(With the new skills out i'd like to try out some of the newer skills and have the top end gear to get the most of them which is why i'm selling the stuff)
"
Hey all, I contacted RRTSON (Build Creator) Hey says he plans on updating this build later this month. I personally didn't want to wait that long to play the build so I went ahead and remade the tree myself, I'm using the full unique version of this build and clearing level 77/78 maps pretty easily. Currently level 82 and gems are level 19/20 w/o quality. Still able to run Hatred + HoA w/ a level 2 enlighten.

I'll post my gear here so you guys can see along with my skill tree to hold you over until RRTSON gets around to tweaking it himself.

Spoiler

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwYAAdEDHgW1BiMNjQ5IFr8Z_hsBG8gfQSF2Iuoj9iT9JpUqCyo4KlswcTB8MpQ2PTnUOkI6s0p9S3hNklFHUuxVS1uvXfJeRWHiYqxqjGyMb_JwUXBScNVxoXZvdoJ-sH8CfyuCXobOh3aJ04wLjDaNfY2_j0-S85UFnaqgn6EiokCi2aOKpuCn1K_rsNixMLTFtNG1CLVIuXzBM8FJwuzDOsSiyAzIFMjc1CPWithU2cbb59wV3ajjhOOf51To1uyw7g7z6vT49W_5Y_rr_MX-Hf7I_94=

I'm also currently selling this full set of gear for 35 Ex - Gems NOT Included.
(With the new skills out i'd like to try out some of the newer skills and have the top end gear to get the most of them which is why i'm selling the stuff)

How is the damage, and the sustain of this build in the new patch?
"
PikachuPls wrote:

With my current 5 links at level 82, I have 11k Dps Tool Tip on Ice Shot, and a 10k Dps Tool Tip on Puncture Trap.

Your life sustain is fine and mostly unchanged due to vaal pact applying the life instantly at 100% rate now. Its more noticeably different verse a map boss however where I highly reccomend running 2 Life Flasks now. That said this build has always been very weak when it comes to life sustain during bosses if you aren't able to 1-2 shot them with traps. So honestly its not that big of a change. (and its much closer to your tree so you can grab it with no wasted points as the points you need to place to reach it connect to other key dps nodes).

As far as mana leech goes, running Hatred + HoA with a level 2 enlighten i'm sitting on 90 mana and don't have any build breaking problems. 1 Ice Shot into a mob pack instantly refills your mana so its still plenty high enough to clear maps.

The effect of Ele Proliferation has been drastically nerfed though and most of your clearing will be done by spamming ice shot instead of watching stuff burn to death (with the exception of +pack size maps where everything is standing right ontop of each other)

The biggest problem with the build imo would be that reflect actually hurts now on +pack size maps. (Ele Reflect) As long as you are running 2 life potions though, you should be fine in those maps. (It's not enough to 1 shot you)
"
"
PikachuPls wrote:

With my current 5 links at level 82, I have 11k Dps Tool Tip on Ice Shot, and a 10k Dps Tool Tip on Puncture Trap.

Your life sustain is fine and mostly unchanged due to vaal pact applying the life instantly at 100% rate now. Its more noticeably different verse a map boss however where I highly reccomend running 2 Life Flasks now. That said this build has always been very weak when it comes to life sustain during bosses if you aren't able to 1-2 shot them with traps. So honestly its not that big of a change. (and its much closer to your tree so you can grab it with no wasted points as the points you need to place to reach it connect to other key dps nodes).

As far as mana leech goes, running Hatred + HoA with a level 2 enlighten i'm sitting on 90 mana and don't have any build breaking problems. 1 Ice Shot into a mob pack instantly refills your mana so its still plenty high enough to clear maps.

The effect of Ele Proliferation has been drastically nerfed though and most of your clearing will be done by spamming ice shot instead of watching stuff burn to death (with the exception of +pack size maps where everything is standing right ontop of each other)

The biggest problem with the build imo would be that reflect actually hurts now on +pack size maps. (Ele Reflect) As long as you are running 2 life potions though, you should be fine in those maps. (It's not enough to 1 shot you)

Are you using an enlighten gem because it reduces your mana reserved?
"
PikachuPls wrote:
"
"
PikachuPls wrote:

Are you using an enlighten gem because it reduces your mana reserved?

Yep
U can use increased area of effect and 1c quilver for same effect.10k tooltip is enough for clearing everything. Chin sol or harbinger 8.5crit 350 pdps take harbinger because all of this works on crit
Im thinking about something, how about we get a harbinger and drillneck in one hand, and chin sol and some rare or reaguard unique quiver for the trap setup and swap weap to switch single/aoe. That way it gives us another 5/6 links to buff our hoa/prolif with things like inc. burn? Would conc. Effect work? Or added fire, weap ele dmg, inc area of effect? What u guys think?
Last edited by Fausimo on Jul 18, 2015, 1:02:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info