1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

"
Fausimo wrote:
Im thinking about something, how about we get a harbinger and drillneck in one hand, and chin sol and some rare or reaguard unique quiver for the trap setup and swap weap to switch single/aoe. That way it gives us another 5/6 links to buff our hoa/prolif with things like inc. burn? Would conc. Effect work? Or added fire, weap ele dmg, inc area of effect? What u guys think?

That's actually quite legit. But what other gems would you use though? Assuming you do use 5/6 link for your aura, what would you put in the 4l(where your aura used to be)?
Last edited by PikachuPls on Jul 19, 2015, 1:20:15 AM
"
Fausimo wrote:
Im thinking about something, how about we get a harbinger and drillneck in one hand, and chin sol and some rare or reaguard unique quiver for the trap setup and swap weap to switch single/aoe. That way it gives us another 5/6 links to buff our hoa/prolif with things like inc. burn? Would conc. Effect work? Or added fire, weap ele dmg, inc area of effect? What u guys think?

Using weapon swap is a great idea for this build. But I think that giving too many support gems to HoA would work considering that the mana reserved would be pretty damn high (specially in 2.0).

But using weapon swap has a ton of potential. For starters, you can get a Kaom's Heart (which may give more hp than belly of the beast with this build). Then you can use a better dps bow than chin sol with drillneck for iceshot, and then weapon wap into chin sol for the puncture traps and with a high crit chance/multiplier and damage quiver.
In theory this sounds like the best upgrade for this build.

Still, I dont know how hard was this build nerfed by the 2.0 changes, so lets wait and see.
Build is nerfed quite hard. I loved it but with the HoA nerf (100% overkill damage to 80% overkill damage) and the prolif nerf (21% LESS damage at lvl20) you are really gimping yourself. Will probably still work if you have really good gear with crazy DPS but for starting in a new (hc) league it's really hard to make it shine. Hope it will be buffed again in the future... :S
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
I would love to see 2.0 version of this build. It was by far my favourite build to play in POE.

The thing is though that this build might need some very drastic changes. Single target component still works with puncture trap but AOE is nerfed so much it's silly. Sure you could still 'force' to make it work with minimal changes but the build is only a shadow of it's former glory.

Maybe some new AOE skill is needed. Some new uniques, jewels etc... The original build was so amazingly good it would be a shame not to redesign it for 2.0 in some form or another.

Edit: Also this build was already glass cannon and with the nerf to evasion 3k life might not cut it for the new maps.
Last edited by Nayeen on Jul 23, 2015, 3:45:53 AM
I"m almost through cruel in warbands and trying a variation of this build. I never played it before, so I don't have a baseline to judge on, but the prolif with three dragons just isn't working well for me. And the reduced damage on Ice shot when linked with a prolif really cuts into my clear speed. I think with the nerfs to elem Prolif, that linking it to ice shot isn't worth it

I've been getting better clear speeds using a pyre ring, and converting all the IS cold damage to fire and stacking that with HoA + increased burning dmg. Throwing an elem prolif on HoA helps some when IS doesn't ignite causing the corpse to explode. Main IS links are IS + Pierce + PPAD + WED/AF.
Both puncture and elemental proliferation have been nerfed heavily(puncture lwoer bleed and 30% less damage from prolif) since this build was created. That should give new comers an understanding of where this build stands.
[2.0] 5L Uber Viable Incinerate (1.4m Burst): The Zippo: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211719
So I had a different take on a 2.0 version of this. I just kind of stumbled into this build and older pre 2.0 similiar ones while I was using Ice Shot to level. I started to incorporate parts of it into mine, and well the rest is history. I haven't played POE in a few years, but last I played, I was playing HC, so my build reflects my playstyle of more sustainability and survivability.

Here is my current skill tree.

It is a work in progress to say the least. My original Idea was to take the aura/mana res. passives to run Grace or hatred + a 3L HoA (Prolif and increased burning dmg). Still haven't been able to get that mana to work, even with mana leech and +2 mana per hit. I have been using AA and I'm thinking long term that's a better addition than Grace anyway because it offers mitigation, something this build has 0 of.

If I drop the mana res nodes, I'll probably spec to something like this:

I 100% plan on taking Vaal pact with this build and running a LL gem. I haven't needed to yet and the extra DPS from added fire has helped out tremendously. I'm almost at the point where I can afford a drillneck, so once I take that DPS boost, I'll swap in the LL gem and spec into Vaal Pact.

here is my current gear. It is awful. Some pieces are just way way underleveled. Yet I've had little issues doing any content since I picked up my Chin Sol at 62.

Spoiler
So I am guessing at this point this build will never be updated? That is such a bummer because I really loved playing this type of character.
Can you please please please re do this build for asending.

It's my favourite build. I love it so much that when they nerfed bleeding I uninstalled the game.

But I am re installing.
Re do it my friend. Now one has ever done such an awesome job of a build this like you have.
"
Aucky wrote:
Can you please please please re do this build for asending.

It's my favourite build. I love it so much that when they nerfed bleeding I uninstalled the game.

But I am re installing.
Re do it my friend. Now one has ever done such an awesome job of a build this like you have.

I thought this build was really cool, but Prolif nerf still hurts like hell...
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info