1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Thanks for the build man its the first time i get that far and still do well, i have most uniques and it works like a charm. im looking for some advice on alternatives for unique rings and amu on your 100% unique setup.

Wouldnt a ring with flat phys dmg life and resists be better than the the heup of all?
I'm not sure about this im just wondering if 9-15 flat phys does better than 10-13%phys
And leaves the door open to get better resists and more life. I guess you put that one there only because its a unique?

As for the other ring and amu i just cant afford them yet, i use mana leech on my amu and dont have enough life leech from equips to respec to vaal pact yet

So aside from the usual maxing resists and as much life possible in what order should i priorize my jewelry mods?

flat phys
life leech (if vaal pact)
2-3% mana leech (total?)
crit chance
ele dmg with weap?
attack speed?
flat ele dmg?

Spoiler
"
my gear

*edit corrected some mistakes and sentences
Last edited by Fausimo on Nov 4, 2014, 10:07:15 PM
Hey m8 great build been trying it out its amazing. 1 question. Wouldnt GMP help the clearing speed a lot? Or its just not needed?
Hello!

First of all, I have to thank to the author for this incredible build! I have tried damn so many builds, but since open beta, only 2 builds have caught my eye: Tom`s Shatter Chuck and Op`s Chin Sol Crit Dot. I am still low on budget to build up the first one, although the accessibility, the affordability and the opportunity to develop and upgrade the Crit Dot further by the player made this one "The King of All Builds" in my opinion.

I post my gear here, and the notes below. Please correct me if you catch any logic mistakes.

Spoiler

*** Split arrow works with curse on hit. I usually switch Maligaro`s out to Aurseize on easier maps and parties.

With this gear Atziri and all map content are not problems anymore. Note, however, that my gear is far from finished.

Additionaly I found out that my playstyle needs more than this. So in order to fulfill my hunger, I made a bit of changes.

With a handful of luck, I have managed to 6 link this great harbinger. I am currently working on it to unleash the beast from it. When this bow gets into use, I will drop the Trap Gem and the Chin Sol bow, and use Puncture arrows instead. This will also free up some passive nodes, too.

My next goals is to get Voll`s Amulet and Acuity, so not only my survivability will greatly increase, but I will be able to drop the 2 int nodes from the tree as well.

On all boss fights, including Atziri and her Über version, I use a max roll Rat`s Nest, instead of the Three Dragons Helmet. A new high crit / life quiver needed on this setup to maximize the odds, alongside with 2 high res / crit / life rings and 1 amulet instead of Voll`s. I will discuss the gem changes also, when they get certain. I somehow have to find space and mana to use grace.

Yet a lot of things to change and upgrade associated with a lot of currency to invest in, this build does definitely worth experimenting.

Very strong, mobile and fun.

Again, Thank You OP! :)
Last edited by nagyaviktor on Nov 5, 2014, 6:30:53 AM
how do you survive maps with permanent chaos damage with this build?
i didnt see any lifereg.
Ty for that build :) i made a char that use a bit modified version of it ;)

With items I got i can do now few mil dps with that trap puncture :)
Spoiler

Got drillneck with +1 arrow that gives us 2*40k dps on every trap. With my version of skill tree I can get 6 traps out.

Simply counting dps per 1 trap
40k*2=80k

Additional 50% from point blank that gives us 120k dps. With pierce chance from drillneck i get more 30% , so lets count it about 140k dps.

Additionaly with 56.8% crit and 555% multi (lets count that one of two arrows hits crit).

That gives us 140k dps from normal arrow + 140k*5 dps from 2nd with crit.
So that would be around 800k DPS.

Then we have 120% of that dmg consumed by bleeding from puncture. So thats like 1,5mil DPS per 1 trap xD.

I didn't check how its counted in the right way (don't know if crit multiplies the outcome dps or just base)

Anyway that build gives TONS of DPS and eaaaaaasy few MIL dps with 6 traps like that.
"
xsylarx wrote:

Spoiler

Got drillneck with +1 arrow that gives us 2*40k dps on every trap. With my version of skill tree I can get 6 traps out.

40k*2=80k

+1 arrow does not shotgun.
IGN: ArborealTeapot [Standard]
~Your Happy Hugfriend~ (Not Hugfiend...)
At 1st, thanks for this awesome build, the idea and item synergy is awesome. Was looking for ranger bow build w/o Tornado Shot which can do everything including Normal/Uber Atziri. And your build is perfect for my selffound items.
Killed Atziri 1st time lvl 86, scary to do this with 3100HP, but its good. Only a problem was 1 desync and no experience. So died 4 times but killed her. My items:
Spoiler
Last edited by drimsan on Nov 7, 2014, 11:46:23 AM
Thanks for this build man, I finally broke 30k dps on the ice shot

the gear, got lucky with some corruptions:)

and the bow I'm working on to improve the dmg
"
xsylarx wrote:

Spoiler

40k*2=80k

Additional 50% from point blank that gives us 120k dps. With pierce chance from drillneck i get more 30% , so lets count it about 140k dps.

Additionaly with 56.8% crit and 555% multi (lets count that one of two arrows hits crit).

That gives us 140k dps from normal arrow + 140k*5 dps from 2nd with crit.
So that would be around 800k DPS.

Then we have 120% of that dmg consumed by bleeding from puncture. So thats like 1,5mil DPS per 1 trap xD.

I didn't check how its counted in the right way (don't know if crit multiplies the outcome dps or just base)

Anyway that build gives TONS of DPS and eaaaaaasy few MIL dps with 6 traps like that.

cam you link your gear and build please?

the corruptions strike again

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info