1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

can i replace chin sol for lioneye´s glare?
What's best bow for leveling under 30? Using quill rain right now but not sure if that's the right way to go.
i would like to sell my chin sol 6 links. (30 exalts).....whispper me in game. Albert_Wolf.

See you and thsk,
Very nice build!

Last edited by midway89 on Nov 16, 2014, 12:15:15 PM
"
midway89 wrote:
Very nice build!

This is the bow i use. 43kIce Shot/32k Trap at level 79. didn't take dmg bow passive yet.

What do u think about Heradl of Ice instead Herald of Ash?
Blasfemy! Herald of Ash with proliferation is the main AoE dmg in this build. Also adding % is more effective than add fixed amount of damage.
"
0Nemesis wrote:
Blasfemy! Herald of Ash with proliferation is the main AoE dmg in this build. Also adding % is more effective than add fixed amount of damage.

Ok, ty^^
ya herald of ash right now is absolutely INSANE damage. literally insane. im waiting for it to get absolutely wrecked by the nerf hammer because holy jumpin jollycats batman...it is siiiick

especially with that bow, your overkill damage is going to be outrageous, and the burn from it (based on % overkill dmg) will alone wreck bosses.
I get rekt by reflect using this build. I have no ic setup and leech is at like 6%
I jumped headfirst into this build, changing some of my basic gear around, but basically swapping in the skills on my original tornado shot ranger. My skill tree has quite a few detours from the recommended one and it's not at all optimized for this build, but man... it's flashy!

With this messed up tree, and gear as follows, I've been breezing through hard maps. I have 7,913.3 tooltip DPS on a level 16 Ice Shot. I leveled Ice Shot and most of my gems from scratch just running 70-74 maps.

As for my gear, I know it's decent, but I don't think of any of it is anything special really. I found the Chin Sol, the quiver, and the Carcass Jack on my own (and accidentally vaaled the quiver before crafting it). Carcass Jack dropped with 2 sockets, so I had to 5L with 150 fusings at Vorici, which was most of my rampage bank. (I don't consider the Carcass Jack to be that important either, it was just the only 5L I had that had any synergy whatsoever.) Rings and amulet are all pretty nice, but they're not top tier either and these were also all self-found, along with the sash and the gloves. Three Dragons is 4-10c, but I've seen people give them away, too and I bought the Steps early in the league when I had a lot less currency, so they couldn't have been too expensive. Point here is that this build is cheap to get off the ground and extremely effective.

My gear:
Spoiler

Reflect is doable for me. I can kill myself, but it's rare. I occasionally pop my IC when a reflect pack off-screen gets clipped by a piercing ice arrow and on elemental reflect maps big blue packs sometimes require careful aim, but all in all even without vaal pact reflect seems manageable.

Crit puncture traps have thus far easily one-shotted all map bosses I've encountered, up to level 75. Unfortunately the non-crit traps (only 27.4% crit) require a 2-3+ to kill bosses.

All in all, super effective build-- a good one to start the next league with, IMO.
Last edited by FutureBlues on Nov 17, 2014, 3:27:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info