1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

"
Sleepy92 wrote:
"
BlackPie wrote:
Thank god I read your post. I was also seriously contemplating on switching from tornado shot to ice shot, but I guess its been decided :D

Yeah.. Well.. I guess only doing Atziri is better using this build, but all else? Stick to Tornado, bro!

Well, I am using tornado shot(+ inc. crit damage + life leech + added fire + PPAD + GMP) with this build and it's working very well. Three dragon helm that this build uses allows you to shock everything with herald of ash + ele prolif, burn everything with your tornado shot due to cold damage with hatred. And puncture trap kills bosses fast.

With tornado shot, you can be more trigger-happy with shots, and life leech + vaal pact works better I feel. I actually feel tanky since I can tank mobs and replenish my health immediately with life leech. For more damage with lesser leech I switch out life leech and put in weapon elemental damage.
This build was just what I was looking for but I was wonder, why go into so much flat physical damage in tree when you mostly rely on critical damage. You're videos show you pumping out 10 shots before hitting a critical sometimes. I did my own testing and found a lot more free points available for mitigation when respecing out of flat physical for critical. Also why go for armour flasks when most damage is spell damage (assuming you don't get rushed or flicker striked) and after taking acrobatics why not just go all in with the evasion. Also as an alternative to the life leech problem why not get a seething for fast healing and a off hand tornado shot bow with faster attacks and life leech for mobs that close gaps like flicker strike or quick mobs. That way you can swap chest, gloves and belt for something like queen of the forest for more resistance and health as well. Also would you consider burning arrow proliferation build better or worse?
Hey Is It Ok To use Carnage heart for the leech? or are the drawbacks to harsh? thanks!
Why not Atziri's Acuity & then respec 2 points out of Vaal pact?
"
Why not Atziri's Acuity & then respec 2 points out of Vaal pact?

Because not every guy there got 200+ exalts to buy it.
What type of damage is the most important in our build, Fire Damage, because of the ignite mechanics?

What should i pick for my 5th link?

DPS is the same. 18600 and 18700.

Join /global 5055 Reddit community channel
Last edited by Crz on Nov 24, 2014, 8:04:55 PM
u want phys damage, your ignite come from cold damage not fire because of the 3 drags
SPorkTots
The DPS On this build is insane, reached level 81 now and can't wait till I hit 90. Killed Atziri once with 3 deaths (But this is my first Atziri run ever.) I can't believe the DPS on tooltip is the real DPS, there's no way. Wish there was a real way to calculate it.

I love the trap idea, have had amazing success with it in PvP too.

I just wish there were more Crit Nodes or Crit capability on equipment, if crit could be 50% w/o curse that would be lovely. The mana issues are also annoying, but that's because I've been playing EB Characters for a while so it's been hard to adjust. Reflect mobs are east but reflect maps are impossible simply due to 1) my careless game play and shooting offscreen carelessly, 2) the build does do a lot of off-screen deaths so full map reflect sucks hard.

All in all, love the clear speed, love the tactics, extremely fun.
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone
Last edited by NaarJitsu on Nov 28, 2014, 11:30:10 PM
Question, I noticed on the all Unique setup you are using the Physical Damage Doryani's Invitation. Given that the build is mostly elemental, ice damage wouldn't the ice version of the Doryani's Invitation be a better choice?
first and foremost, thank you for the wonderful guide. i had a blast playing this and it's fun watching enemies melt and rooms clear with a single crit. this was the first char i was able to to atziri with (though i had problems with the double vaal. got ripped a few times due to one vaal getting a crit puncture and the other one a normal hit thus the enrage.)

i was mapping up to 76 and a few 77's using a 4L chin sol until RNGesus smiled down in me and gave me a

upon equipping, i saw a massive DPS increase, mainly due to the high crit. (it jumped from mid 30's to 57%) and the increased crit also helped in clearing maps as the burns were more numerous and more damaging.

i'm slowly trying to shift to the unique-only build (pretty new player and only started trading recently) but i'm quite happy with how my char turned out.

currently, my ice shot tool tip dps is 16.5k while my puncture is 13.3k, resistances is at 75,74,72 with 3.4k life

i can handle double reflect maps with ease thanks to VP and the only map mod i've had trouble so far (aside from blood magic of course) is the no regen mod due to mana concerns.

current gear
Spoiler

Last edited by anton2k4 on Nov 30, 2014, 12:04:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info