1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Last edited by Mordhel on Sep 22, 2014, 6:20:40 AM
"
Mordhel wrote:
"

Also using my current bow stats, if it were a 6L:

Basically, with a max crit, 301pdps Harbinger, Chin Sol/Trap/Point Blank still comes out to 150% average damage (Adjusted for crits). The difference is, the Harbinger will crit much more reliably (73% vs 28%).
A Glyph Mark (#1 Standard Harbinger) is only 125% of Chin Sol for the gems laid out.

To note with this though, traps have limited targeting (Picking a single mob in a pack is horrible), limited rate of fire, and somewhat lower mobility. Don't forget that non-trap also has the advantage of consistent attacks, which doesn't occur for traps. I personally used Chin Sol till I got this Harbinger, it carried me through 40-50 Atziri kills, 20-30 of which were after I stopped using trap.

Nice bow!

So you stopped using traps but did you still use puncture as the DPS spell ?

I noticed you have Tornado shot equipped to this bow ?

Also what adjustments did you make to the skill tree once you dropped the traps and do you have a video of you running Atziri without traps ?

Still use puncture (I'm using a 5L Belly with Puncture, Crit Chance, Crit Dam, Pierce, Phys Proj Damage - Swap pierce for Faster Attacks on Atziri).
Didn't really drop anything from the tree, remove Clever Construction if you took it I guess, and put them into HP/Phys damage. I moved away from Ice Shot, I found that with high enough damage you get wrecked by both Ele AND phys reflect. Now I can just snipe phys down with puncture, and ignore ele altogether.
I don't do videos, PC is a POS. Look at Mathil's Tornado shot Atziri, it's pretty close to what I run.
"
xythian wrote:
"
xaeror35 wrote:
What is the ideal Amulet in Rampage since Volls can't drop?

Technically, Voll's Devotion can drop in Rampage thanks to the mods that Zana can add to maps. It'll just be expensive as all get out because of its extreme rarity.

Getting a Volls in Rampage for me is about the same as it not existing at all, so my question remains: What is the ideal Amulet in Rampage (excluding Volls)
Hi and thank you for this smart presentation.

Juste a question (north of the build) Why are you using 2 points to pass through "Coldhearted Calculation" "+10 intel" instead of "+10 Dext"

Is there so much need of intel and regen mana ?
"
Hillda wrote:
Hi and thank you for this smart presentation.

Juste a question (north of the build) Why are you using 2 points to pass through "Coldhearted Calculation" "+10 intel" instead of "+10 Dext"

Is there so much need of intel and regen mana ?

He probably took cold hearted calc and the 10 int because some of his other class builds, eg Scion, takes the saboteur node above. If you're not going for that then just drop those 2 and take the dex node. I for one am using his scion tree.

Hi guys. Made a tree for Atziri's Acuity. removed some unnecessery nodes and rised resists a little. Lif is about the same, dropped evasion by 2%. Planning to take Death Perception and adjacent nodes for more accuracy. Thinking about removing trap from puncture and trying to go with Faster attack.

Def Stats on lvl 82
Spoiler

All gems are not 20/20!
Ice Shot on lvl 82
Spoiler

Puncture Trap on lvl 82 have no increased crit damage gem (couldn't make right colours)
Spoiler
"
xaeror35 wrote:
"
xythian wrote:
"
xaeror35 wrote:
What is the ideal Amulet in Rampage since Volls can't drop?

Technically, Voll's Devotion can drop in Rampage thanks to the mods that Zana can add to maps. It'll just be expensive as all get out because of its extreme rarity.

Getting a Volls in Rampage for me is about the same as it not existing at all, so my question remains: What is the ideal Amulet in Rampage (excluding Volls)

Just get a rare amulet that helps with your resists if you need any, and damage/crit.

I somehow self found this

Not having a Volls frees up the ring slot too. Again, just get a good rare there. I'm open to idea's for unique ring/ammy combos though!
RNG has blessed me with two mortal hopes, going to attempt uber in the next few days.

After watching Mathil attempt uber with tornado shot build i noticed he was taking ~3600 damage from Atziri's projectile arrow. Currently that would one shot me.

I switched my passive tree i lose out on ~88% trap damage but i get +500 life and 9% more evasion (18% more with ondar's). With this i will have 4,014 life and 37% base evasion total. As long as i don't get a reflect mob along the way I think it will work.

https://poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAxKL-yKfU3BUZ_hsBTZIj9o195w8G7ty9MbDL9dRSMHwCEZdwo-dE0gMnUUf_3iT951SNvzpCS3jdqDBx1CMFtSpbwux59lLsQza0xZ2qYqxsjBvg5zozeJANfyvWijnUd9d296CfMfpW-kp9h3ZnoPzF3Q06s5AKwTOGziF2W6_-urvjbWy1SJsmz3qyGTIBcFIqC_PqidNw1R9BBiMDHha_JpVh4lVLjDb665LzXkV9daGkBfnh29hUfrB2b3BR2-fo1ud06xSv69N-7YMZjgBeCC6bjW_yaoxh63pT

if anyone has uber tips with this build let me know
Last edited by link1313 on Sep 23, 2014, 2:16:26 AM
How's this build different to http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1027037 , apart from Tornado shot/Ice shot? What's the pros and cons between the two, if someone would be kind to explain?

Don't know what's better to choose for my Ranger...
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Sep 23, 2014, 6:10:11 AM
Why clever construction instead of master sapper? when is traps getting destroyed ever an issue?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info