1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

How come this build suggests a phys doryani's instead of a cold one?
"
sage2050 wrote:
How come this build suggests a phys doryani's instead of a cold one?

Why use cold and increase part of your dps when you can use physical to increase every element of your dps?

i want to go for Low Life Version of this Build.. is it possible?
Has anyone done the math on how well rolled a Harbinger would have to be for it to beat a Chin Sol in terms of DPS?
"
stomped wrote:
Has anyone done the math on how well rolled a Harbinger would have to be for it to beat a Chin Sol in terms of DPS?

I would like to know too.

Can anyone post their thoughts on the new build with vaal pact, thinking about trying this build and not surer which version to do.
"
Sneakyshadow wrote:
Can anyone post their thoughts on the new build with vaal pact, thinking about trying this build and not surer which version to do.

If you don't have access to all of the uniques, taking Vaal Pact helps a ton. This build doesn't include a ton of hps... VP is especially helpful when facing reflect mobs.
Last edited by vincentk on Sep 22, 2014, 3:37:43 AM
I have another question: why did u skill "COLDHEARTED CALCULATION"? It doesn't strike me as being that useful for this build...

thx man
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Sep 22, 2014, 3:53:05 AM
"
stomped wrote:

Feel free to toy around with it (Avoidance calculator on the left as well, thanks to TheEase on Reddit)
Bow Stat Spreadsheet
Assuming 20/20 gems, 103 point build, average rolls on Rats Nest (70% Crit), Maligaro's (33% Crit Mult), Drillneck (10% IAS, 10-20 phys), and no phys/crit on rings.
Also using my current bow stats, if it were a 6L:

Basically, with a max crit, 301pdps Harbinger, Chin Sol/Trap/Point Blank still comes out to 150% average damage (Adjusted for crits). The difference is, the Harbinger will crit much more reliably (73% vs 28%).
A Glyph Mark (#1 Standard Harbinger) is only 125% of Chin Sol for the gems laid out.

To note with this though, traps have limited targeting (Picking a single mob in a pack is horrible), limited rate of fire, and somewhat lower mobility. Don't forget that non-trap also has the advantage of consistent attacks, which doesn't occur for traps. I personally used Chin Sol till I got this Harbinger, it carried me through 40-50 Atziri kills, 20-30 of which were after I stopped using trap.
Last edited by DySeaL on Sep 22, 2014, 6:21:26 AM
"

Also using my current bow stats, if it were a 6L:

Basically, with a max crit, 301pdps Harbinger, Chin Sol/Trap/Point Blank still comes out to 150% average damage (Adjusted for crits). The difference is, the Harbinger will crit much more reliably (73% vs 28%).
A Glyph Mark (#1 Standard Harbinger) is only 125% of Chin Sol for the gems laid out.

To note with this though, traps have limited targeting (Picking a single mob in a pack is horrible), limited rate of fire, and somewhat lower mobility. Don't forget that non-trap also has the advantage of consistent attacks, which doesn't occur for traps. I personally used Chin Sol till I got this Harbinger, it carried me through 40-50 Atziri kills, 20-30 of which were after I stopped using trap.

Nice bow!

So you stopped using traps but did you still use puncture as the DPS spell ?

I noticed you have Tornado shot equipped to this bow ?

Also what adjustments did you make to the skill tree once you dropped the traps and do you have a video of you running Atziri without traps ?
Last edited by Mordhel on Sep 22, 2014, 6:37:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info