1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

hello,
i saw the botw video and it looked pretty sweet
i have a ranger lvl59 and a scion lvl76 with a reroll, which one of those would be better?
i already have
Go with the ranger. Level 76 is nothing anyway, and the scion is just too far out of the way!
Omg.. This is by far the funnest I have had with a build ever, Thanks for thinking this up!!

I'm lvl 70 atm just having a blast here is my equipment

In all honesty you should seriously call this ..

THE SNIPER BUILD

Because that is what I feel like every time I hear that Ice shot pop off, seriously sounds like a suppressed sniper rifle lmao, then POOF everything implodes two rooms away.

Love the build, Keep it up.

One thing I gotta say though is man has it been a battle to balance stats / resists! My next piece of gear is going to be the Le Heup followed by the drill neck, I don't think I will ever get a volls necklace but that's easily remedied.

I'm planning on taking this build to 100 because of how fun it is, again.. Thanks for thinkin this up!!
just a headsup for people trying this build ... it does TERRIBLE against reflect.

i had to spec into point blank and carry tornado shot, gmp, lmp and lgoh with me so i dont die to reflect. Any less less-modifiers and i still would oneshot myself on reflect. I also tried vaal pact with lifeleech and it had literally no impact on survivability.

The 34+ k tooltip dps seems fun on paper but if you die at every corner due to reflect its very frustrating.

You have to skip all reflect maps phys or ele, carefully single out the reflect rare if you find a pack and hope you dont offscreen shoot into a reflect pack.

It maybe okay if youre really careful when only playing with chinsol ... but with the state of what reflect does to this build it prevents you from upgrading your bow ever.

Meaning you'll stay at a low 30% crit chance but you are reliant on those crits in higher maps.
"
just a headsup for people trying this build ... it does TERRIBLE against reflect.

i had to spec into point blank and carry tornado shot, gmp, lmp and lgoh with me so i dont die to reflect. Any less less-modifiers and i still would oneshot myself on reflect. I also tried vaal pact with lifeleech and it had literally no impact on survivability.

The 34+ k tooltip dps seems fun on paper but if you die at every corner due to reflect its very frustrating.

You have to skip all reflect maps phys or ele, carefully single out the reflect rare if you find a pack and hope you dont offscreen shoot into a reflect pack.

It maybe okay if youre really careful when only playing with chinsol ... but with the state of what reflect does to this build it prevents you from upgrading your bow ever.

Meaning you'll stay at a low 30% crit chance but you are reliant on those crits in higher maps.

Yes, reflect is quite disgusting with high crit/phy bows, my solution to physical was a switch to Grace Aura in phyReflect maps, between Immortal Call and ondars was quite stable, and against eleReflect was a switch to purity of ice aura.

But ele weakness/Minus resist + ele reflect AND 5+ man groups with ele reflect ll just rip the build apart if you keep shootting mindlessy on big packs with pierce.

Solo play is way more stable, but in groups the ele reflect starts to get tricky.
Last edited by Ragerlis on Sep 18, 2014, 10:24:48 PM
Agreed to a certain extent, i've been fine at ~20K tooltip DPS but i can see 32K tooltip DPS one shotting yourself.

My solution (when I get a 6L) is to use power charge on critical strike instead of added fire damage , maybe switch to a defensive curse also
Last edited by link1313 on Sep 18, 2014, 10:36:45 PM
"
aplostra wrote:
Thanks a lot for sharing this monstrosity of a build. Happily melting most maps with ease, without even having the recommended tree or the gear except Chin Sol and 3 dragons.

For the puncture setup, a poor man's 5L is the Deerstalker unique boots. Very handy and cheap.

Excellent idea the deerstalkers.

Doing this build as a shadow instead of ranger. Shadow seems much better.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 19, 2014, 12:46:39 AM
I have a level 89 Ranger I recently respecced to this build. So far so good

Here's my tree
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEDHgW1BiMIiQ5IES8VIBa_Gf4bAR9BIXYj9iT9JT8mlSo4Kk0qWysKLOkwcTB8MfoylDWSNj051DpCPydKfUrIS3hNklFHUuxVS1b6W69daF3yYeJirGegaoxsjG6qb_JwUXZvdoJ293fXfrB_An8rgl6Gzod2jDaNfY2_lQWZmprxnaqgn6EiokCi2aOKpuCn1Kluq9Kv67DYtMW00bVItfK298EzwuzEosgMyBTKqdQj1orYVNi92cbajdvn3BXdDd2o44TnVOtj9Pj1b_lj_MX-yP_e

I am still saving up for a Drillneck and a 5L/6L ChinSol, so i've just been using a 5L Lionseye Glare. I have roughly 3.5k hp, and i am wondering if I am Atziri ready

Gear
Spoiler

I am thinking my gem set up is no where near complete and not to mention I need to level and quality most of my gems. Any feedback would be great.
The Deerstalker suggestion is really interesting. That would free up your bow or chest for a different 5-link or 6-link. Thinking out loud here: Wear Doedre's Dreaming for the extra curse, then run a dual Curse on Hit set-up. You could combine Assasin's Mark with something else (Vulnerability? Temp Chains? Enfeeble? Warlord's Mark?). Would be low on footspeed, and you'd have to do more work on resists.
what's the price of the new chin sol going for now? I have an old pre 1.2 one and i'm wondering if it would be cheaper for me to divine it or just buy a new one out right?

I'm on standard by the way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info