1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

i made this char using mathils tornadoshot build, switching over to the puncture trap part of this one now that i have a chin sol, i do not, and cannot get a drillneck. what do you guys think i should change about my tree before i try (normal) aztiri

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsZjhn-GwEfQSF2Iuoj9iT9KgswcTB8MfoyATKUNj051DpCOrNKfUt4TZJRR1b6W69daGegbIxtbG_ycFJxoXb3d9d46311fwJ_K4bOh3aNfY2_j0-QCpUFmvGbJpuNnaqgn6GkpuCn1K_rsTCyGbUItUi748EzxKLKqc3qz3rTftQj1orZxtwV3Q3dqOHb5wrnVOd06Nbtg-968-r8xf66_sj_3g==
get trap nodes and atziri is a piece of cake
"
forzazx6 wrote:
Warning, you will die to reflect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0otYw_jA8pk

- my ice shot dps is only 11k (I use life leech gem instead of weapon ele)
- notice how before i shoot i use my cold flask to bring myself to 86% cold res (+1 max from tree passive)
- this happens very often in groups / solo when arrow goes offscreen.

BE WARNED.

* I know i could prevent that death but that wasn't the example I tried to show
* I'm not going to listen to any opinion that discredits the video above unless provided with counter video showing someone firing on reflect pack and "putting a dent in your hp".

1) You're complaining about off-screen reflect.
2) Yet, in your video, you run up to a reflect mob @ close range, while wielding a Chin Sol.
3) You cast Assassin's Mark on the reflect mob (critical multiplier).
4) You have only yourself to blame for that death. As stated in the OP:

"
if you see a reflect mob, don't run up to it and fire your Ice Shot at point blank range (for obvious reasons).

"100% more bow damage at close range".
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Sep 13, 2014, 12:15:29 PM
I just cleared Atziri this morning at lvl 77 using your build. I've got all the uniques minus the Rumi's. It was on my last portal when I took her down. Big thanks, love the build.
"
rrtson wrote:
"
forzazx6 wrote:
Warning, you will die to reflect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0otYw_jA8pk

- my ice shot dps is only 11k (I use life leech gem instead of weapon ele)
- notice how before i shoot i use my cold flask to bring myself to 86% cold res (+1 max from tree passive)
- this happens very often in groups / solo when arrow goes offscreen.

BE WARNED.

* I know i could prevent that death but that wasn't the example I tried to show
* I'm not going to listen to any opinion that discredits the video above unless provided with counter video showing someone firing on reflect pack and "putting a dent in your hp".

1) You're complaining about off-screen reflect.
2) Yet, in your video, you run up to a reflect mob @ close range, while wielding a Chin Sol.
3) You cast Assassin's Mark on the reflect mob (critical multiplier).
4) You have only yourself to blame for that death. As stated in the OP:

"
if you see a reflect mob, don't run up to it and fire your Ice Shot at point blank range (for obvious reasons).

"100% more bow damage at close range".

Apparently you don't bother to read:

IT WAS AN EXAMPLE.

You can just as easily stand back from your group and fire offscreen, while one of your mates casts the same course, 100% more or 0% will not change a thing in this case, the arrow pierces everything, especially considering that some people here posted 30k+ tooltip dps whereas I only had 11k.

Yes this build is great for end bosses, but I'll be impressed to see someone reach high lvl (95+) before breaking in depression from reflect dying atleast twice per day.
Your example was flawed. You did exactly what rrtson, the OP told you not to do, and you expected different results.

I suggest uploading a video fighting a pack of elemental reflect mobs from a distance and see how it compares in survivability. I'm not refuting that elemental reflect is dangerous (for this build as well as many, many other builds), but if you play smart you can negate many deaths. I get the off screen reflect issue as well, however it has yet to be an issue at all for me.

I'm level 80 and I've yet to die to reflect, I've died other ways such as watching Family Guy while doing the Orchard boss.... (my fault, no video needed) Granted that's not level 90, I get that, but I don't run up to a group of reflect mobs, cast Assassin's Mark and shoot them at point blank range either. So again, your video is flawed. But I feel you won't listen to reason as you stated...

"
forzazx6 wrote:
Last edited by TirpitzLuminare on Sep 13, 2014, 1:47:10 PM
"
forzazx6 wrote:

IT WAS AN EXAMPLE.

You can just as easily stand back from your group and fire offscreen, while one of your mates casts the same course, 100% more or 0% will not change a thing in this case, the arrow pierces everything, especially considering that some people here posted 30k+ tooltip dps whereas I only had 11k.

Yes this build is great for end bosses, but I'll be impressed to see someone reach high lvl (95+) before breaking in depression from reflect dying atleast twice per day.

I understand where you're coming from. While this build does a number of things right, elemental reflect is still going to be a potential problem if the player is not careful 100% of the time.

Even though I haven't encountered the same problems that you have, as the build creator, I still take responsibility in finding ways to mitigate any potential weak points in the build. Thus, I'm currently experimenting with a new tree so that this build can forget about reflect entirely. Notably, I've dropped some trap nodes. With the freed-up points, I'm picking up Vaal Pact, along with more life from the the Scion life wheel and physical damage nodes (benefits everything). Once I've tested the setup more extensively I'll post it up.

✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Sep 13, 2014, 2:50:59 PM
"
rrtson wrote:
"
forzazx6 wrote:

IT WAS AN EXAMPLE.

I understand where you're coming from. While this build does a number of things right, elemental reflect is still going to be a potential problem if the player is not careful 100% of the time.

Even though I haven't encountered the same problems that you have, as the build creator, I still take responsibility to find ways to mitigate any potential weak points in the build. Thus, I'm currently experimenting with a new tree so that this build can forget about reflect entirely. Notably, I've dropped some trap nodes and picked up Vaal Pact, along with more life in the the Scion life wheel, and physical damage nodes (benefits everything). Once I've tested the setup more extensively I'll post it up.

Now this is what I'm talking about! good guy rrtson, thumbs up for taking action!

I want to strongly emphasis that I did not intend to discredit the build, I'm running it and I invested in it, that's why I care. I'm also lvl 86 and I've been running it for 3 days, so I'm doing something right, I avoid 80% of the reflect and even my teammates got used to calling "REFLECT" on ts whenever they see a mob. on the remaining 20% I either evade or GGRIP. not sad about it just know that at 90+ its gonna be annoying.
"
rrtson wrote:
Even though I haven't encountered the same problems that you have, as the build creator, I still take responsibility in finding ways to mitigate any potential weak points in the build. Thus, I'm currently experimenting with a new tree so that this build can forget about reflect entirely. Notably, I've dropped some trap nodes. With the freed-up points, I'm picking up Vaal Pact, along with more life from the the Scion life wheel and physical damage nodes (benefits everything). Once I've tested the setup more extensively I'll post it up.

Would this entail dropping Assassin's Mark for Warlord's Mark or some crazy dual curse shenanigans to get enough leech to stay alive? With Vaal Pack dropping leech to 40% effectiveness and all. Excited to see where this goes.
I have a video doing reflect mob but Msi afterburner made the 7 minute video 6gbs....

I basically shoot two arrows in a reflect mob on a 73 map with 18k dps, both arrows crit, mob died and I lose about 60% hp but don't die.

Obviously if I was doing 100% more damage at close range then....but rrrtson has already gone into that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info