1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Is this build Viable to hit level 100 in Beyond league? I kinda wanna go for it this season.
im not sure if rumi's work...
when i press it, it makes no difference in the stat sheet... and it also says block? we dont have a shield we can only dodge?
Why is prolif linked both to ice shot and HoA?
I only have it linked to ice shot and I burn and shock mobs all the time (three dragons)
Does it increase prolif chance?

Oh and does it work if you link increased burning damage to HoA?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
Last edited by JohnnyV76 on Sep 14, 2014, 11:14:58 AM
/removed
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Sep 14, 2014, 11:48:32 AM
I really like Blood Magic - Assassin's Mark link because you can cast assassin's mark anytime.

I don't have any items link left to do Increased Burning - Reduced Mana - HoA - Ele prolif and Reduced Mana - Hatred....
I'd have to give up Blood Magic - Assasin's Mark for Reduced Mana - Hatred - Assassin's Mark
"
JohnnyV76 wrote:
Why is prolif linked both to ice shot and HoA?
I only have it linked to ice shot and I burn and shock mobs all the time (three dragons)
Does it increase prolif chance?

Oh and does it work if you link increased burning damage to HoA?

If you kill a monster with a hit (regardless if it was a crit or not), the overkill damage causes nearby monsters to Ignite, which is then proliferated to any other monsters in the radius. So we basically have 2 sources of burn proliferate: one from critting a monster, and another when we score a direct kill.

and yeah, Increased Burning works on HoA, but in the current setup, you'd have to give up some of the other gem slots to fit that in.

"
forzazx6 wrote:
One thing i strongly disagree with is removing the trap immune passive.

Piety
courtyard bosses
atziri bosses
etc'

they all destroy the traps before they even trigger, what's your thoughts on this?

Yep, you're right. I did some PvPing last night and also noticed that 'Clever Construction' was immensely helpful in guaranteeing the trap goes off without a hitch versus AoE users (cyclone, leap slam, whirling blades, lightning warp).
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Sep 14, 2014, 1:22:57 PM
"
Raye wrote:
Hi rrtson, I've been doing this build for a while too and like it a lot. I was looking for something affordable to farm bosses reliably and this works wonders!

I've been thinking a lot about the same things this thread is discussing, but one thing doesn't seem to have come up either in this thread or any other build I've read actually:

Strategic weapon swapping.

Why does mostly everyone only use weapon swap for gem leveling? I'm thinking the best of both worlds here with a good crit bow as main and puncture+chin sol on switch only for bosses and hard rares. That way we also free up an entire potential 6-link (armour) at the cost of having to invest in another bow, even though I'm unsure what to put in it... another CoDT maybe, or link more skills to it?

However, puncture works pretty well with a 4- or 5-link, so what do think about something like this:

Main: Crit DPS Harbringer bow, 5L/6L ice shot + Drillneck
Swap: Chin Sol punture 4L/5L/6L + Drillneck if rich, good rare or broadstroke otherwise.

I've never actually tried this on any build yet, mostly because I'm poor as hell, but it's food for thought at least...

I did this almost 2 years ago: Link It was due to Kaom's chest I had to get another bow for single target.

Ofcourse I would do it here as well, but I can't seem to get any luck with harbringer bows and buying a good one (400+) is just too expensive on rampage. It's deffo BIS setup for this build IMO.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBAF4DHgW1BiMILg5IEYEVIBa_GY4fQSF2IuIj9iT9JpUqCyo4Kk0s6TBxMHwx-jWSNj051DpCOrM_J0fiSn1KyEt4TZJRR1VLVvpbr2HiYqxjQ2OnZ6BsjG1sbqpwUnaCdvd3131bfXV_K4bOh3aMC4w2jX2Nv5uNnaqgn6Q5pzSpbqxHtNG1SLXyuXy748CcwTPEosgMzerQgdN-1CPWiti93Q3dRt2o44TnVOd06NbssO2D7g7vevPq_MX-uv_e Hey bro !
Hi rttson, thanks for the build I've just specced into this from my old LA BM Ranger and I'm really happy with how things are going. My gems are low level but I'm definitely holding my own as I level them up.

Just a question to everyone, not necessarily to rttson. With the masters now providing mods to gear, what extra damage do we aim for? Physical or one of the elementals.
phys is better as it's then being converted into elemental.
Elemental dmg increases only the part converted from phys. WED on quiver/jewelery can't hurt though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info