1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

"
rrtson wrote:
If you kill a monster with a hit (regardless if it was a crit or not), the overkill damage causes nearby monsters to Ignite, which is then proliferated to any other monsters in the radius. So we basically have 2 sources of burn proliferate: one from critting a monster, and another when we score a direct kill.

Ah yeah... read your FAQ and it makes sense to me now :)
I would say that prolif on iceshot is main and on HoA it's extra since the idea of the ice shot part of this build is to crit. I have just picked up my ranger alt as I didn't like levelling using the poison arrow build and this brought back the fun of playing my alt ranger :) I'm only level 53 now but when I crit on weak trash mobs they literally all just explode... no quick burn or anything.. they just vanish. I'm playing beyond so I have taken more evasion and life nodes but I'm sure that the DPS will be more than enough.

I'm still worried about reflect but I understand Vaal pact is the safety net for this?
Is it really that good?
You don’t stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing.
One more question:

is puncture affected by Exceptional performane node near the Scion life wheel?
Would it then increase the dmg output of puncture?
Last edited by anone on Sep 15, 2014, 3:53:16 AM
puncture & exceptional performance :
yes. it does work.

does it increase the damage output? not really. it simply increases the DoT duration, and since bleeds dont stack, it just gives you the possibility to use it less often, supposing the target would survive more than one puncture.
I've started the build but i have huge mana issues...how do u deal with the mana thing? i see u have a huge regen but no mana leech nodes or items
"
rrtson wrote:

"
forzazx6 wrote:
One thing i strongly disagree with is removing the trap immune passive.

Piety
courtyard bosses
atziri bosses
etc'

they all destroy the traps before they even trigger, what's your thoughts on this?

Yep, you're right. I did some PvPing last night and also noticed that 'Clever Construction' was immensely helpful in guaranteeing the trap goes off without a hitch versus AoE users (cyclone, leap slam, whirling blades, lightning warp).

source: path of exile gamepedia

Destroying Traps and Mines

All traps and mines have a maximum Life of 1. They cannot be targeted directly by attacks or skills, but are vulnerable to Area of Effect damage. Since they have only 1 Life, they will be destroyed by any damage they take. The passive skill Clever Construction can prevent this.
"
ILAYAS wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:

"
forzazx6 wrote:
One thing i strongly disagree with is removing the trap immune passive.

Piety
courtyard bosses
atziri bosses
etc'

they all destroy the traps before they even trigger, what's your thoughts on this?

Yep, you're right. I did some PvPing last night and also noticed that 'Clever Construction' was immensely helpful in guaranteeing the trap goes off without a hitch versus AoE users (cyclone, leap slam, whirling blades, lightning warp).

source: path of exile gamepedia

Destroying Traps and Mines

All traps and mines have a maximum Life of 1. They cannot be targeted directly by attacks or skills, but are vulnerable to Area of Effect damage. Since they have only 1 Life, they will be destroyed by any damage they take. The passive skill Clever Construction can prevent this.

1. Are you a wiki bot?
2. Are you Cpt. Obvious?
Last edited by forzazx6 on Sep 15, 2014, 10:27:46 AM
One of these can replace Chin Sol? If so, which one, what to roll (cheap) on it?

Would it be worth it to drop the reduced mana and use increased burn damage instead?
"
sage2050 wrote:
Would it be worth it to drop the reduced mana and use increased burn damage instead?

You could try but I'd doubt you could sustain the mana. Increased Burning Damage has a 120% mana multiplier which is added to the reserved mana of Herald of Ash, so you really need Reduced Mana.

I actually decided to dedicated a 4 link to Herald of Ash and share Hatred / Reduced Mana with Assassin's Mark. So my herald of Ash is; Herald of Ash - Reduced Mana - Elemental Proliferation - Increased Burning Damage
Last edited by xythian on Sep 15, 2014, 3:17:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info