1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Good afternoon rrtson.

I was looking for some inspiration for my new Ice Shot Ranger and I stumbled on your post on the day you made it. The build is a lot of fun and its amazing when an entire room just just dies with one shot.

I find that the higher you cirt the more fun the build is. I managed to make a 8.5% crit bow with really high physical dmg rolls and attack speed and my crit is almost 60%. Once I get to 80 I will try and do Adzuri as well.

Im also testing out a slightly different skill tree, what do you think ?

RRtson: "what do you consider to be the best flasks" to use in this build, I noticed there has not been much discussion around this topic.

Thanks again =)
Last edited by Mordhel on Sep 15, 2014, 10:03:52 PM
This is one of the better written guides I've seen on the forums. I've played since open beta but the mechanics of this game still really confuse me and make it difficult to come up with a plausible build from scratch. Thanks for explaining those aspects in detail and grats on making BotW!
IGN Salleka
Congrat you got featured !!

By the way I prefer these over maligaro
You ARE my Bitch of burden!
"Stay Alive exile! Or you'll be the next zombie someone raises off the beach." - Altnaharra
" Be Excellent To Each Other" -MikeP_GGG
"If you die to yourself are you still the victor? " - BEX_GGG
Been doing Atziri... Loving it. I still die every now and then due to the occasional fuck up or normal attack 1 shotting me.

Last run I got this..

I'm scared. I wanna do it. I dont want to lose 3-4 ex though. FUuuu

Build gonna get nerfed like Ele Buzzsaw I bet you.
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards
"
MacMoertel wrote:
One of these can replace Chin Sol? If so, which one, what to roll (cheap) on it?

Chin Sol better then this I believe, because 100% DMG during close range isn't it ? the puncture traps are considered close ranged ya ?

so point blank 100% and Chin Sol 100% = 200% ? Not sure but I hope someone will verify .
Rampage IGN : Cool_Hamster
Standard IGN : Hamsterbaby
Standard IGN : HamsterMfer
Please do not hesitate to contact me in game if you have posted or offered on my items.
Regards

Thanks everyone!

"
DRASTICK wrote:
Been doing Atziri... Loving it. I still die every now and then due to the occasional fuck up or normal attack 1 shotting me.

Last run I got this..

I'm scared. I wanna do it. I dont want to lose 3-4 ex though. FUuuu

Gz on the Hope :D Uber Atziri is definitely a big jump in difficulty, so definitely know what you're getting into if you decide to run it. You'll have to pay extra attention to the trash mobs (snakes), as they can waste a few unnecessary portals if you're not careful.

"
Mordhel wrote:
Good afternoon rrtson.

I was looking for some inspiration for my new Ice Shot Ranger and I stumbled on your post on the day you made it. The build is a lot of fun and its amazing when an entire room just just dies with one shot.

I find that the higher you cirt the more fun the build is. I managed to make a 8.5% crit bow with really high physical dmg rolls and attack speed and my crit is almost 60%. Once I get to 80 I will try and do Adzuri as well.

Im also testing out a slightly different skill tree, what do you think ?

RRtson: "what do you consider to be the best flasks" to use in this build, I noticed there has not been much discussion around this topic.

Thanks again =)

Hey there! Thanks for reminding me about flasks; I have been meaning to do a section about them for awhile, and have now updated the OP with explanations under "Gear" --> "Flasks"

"
chosk80 wrote:
"
MacMoertel wrote:
One of these can replace Chin Sol? If so, which one, what to roll (cheap) on it?

Chin Sol better then this I believe, because 100% DMG during close range isn't it ? the puncture traps are considered close ranged ya ?

so point blank 100% and Chin Sol 100% = 200% ? Not sure but I hope someone will verify .

For Puncture Trap, Chin Sol will win out in damage by a sizable chunk when it comes to critting. Its "100% more" modifier is simply a huge boost to all physical damage dealt — not just the base bow damage.

However, a Harbinger will crit more often, so if you feel like it's more reliable on bosses, and don't see such a big loss in damage, then you definitely can use it as your main bow. Or like someone else suggested in this thread: Have a Harbinger as your main Ice Shot bow, and have Chin Sol on your weapon switch for bosses.

✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Sep 16, 2014, 1:02:41 AM
Have you done uber yet? How about the 79 map trio? I got 2/3 down of the trio before I screwed up too many times :p.
Congratulations on getting build of the week!!!! This is a well written guide and a very well thought out character. I have been using this guide as a reference and it is a really fun build to play. Thank you for all of the work that you have done. It is really nice that GGG gives recognition to innovative builds.
I was running a surprisingly similar Chin Sol build and stumbled across this thread after getting butt spanked by Atziri

Respecced to something closer to your build by giving up some crit chance/multi for Vaal Pact and phys reflect is now much less of an issue in general play. Also switched out my Burning Arrow for Puncture, (currently levelling a Trap gem), and bosses drop much. much faster now.

Kinda disappointed that I didn't think to try those changes without finding your thread but thanks for posting it anyway :) and gratz on botw.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info