1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

Beats any build ive played so far in fun factor, managed to 5L my Chin Sol in 30-40 fusings aswell so I can finaly start running 2x 5Ls, wohoo!

Saving up for Maligaros and Meginord belt atm, any tip on what I should get after that when running the budget version? Quality gems or save up for Drillneck?

I keep 1shotting myself vs reflect in 6group, my resists are 75%, I use cold flask on every arrow so im 85% cold at all time and it doesn't help.

Is there any point to even attempt going full armor spec and drop dodge? I can then pickup the kaom's boots and have unwavering etc.

Thoughts?

And how is lightning coil suppose to help? It helps vs physical damage, we deal mostly elemental?
Last edited by forzazx6 on Sep 12, 2014, 9:45:07 AM
"
forzazx6 wrote:
I keep 1shotting myself vs reflect in 6group, my resists are 75%, I use cold flask on every arrow so im 85% cold at all time and it doesn't help.

Is there any point to even attempt going full armor spec and drop dodge? I can then pickup the kaom's boots and have unwavering etc.

Thoughts?

And how is lightning coil suppose to help? It helps vs physical damage, we deal mostly elemental?

Let me know what you end up doing to fix this...Sick of dying to reflect if I crit. Been stuck at level 89 and a half forever it feels like!
"
forzazx6 wrote:

Thoughts?

Have you picked up the 'Survivalist' notable (along with Ondar's Guile)? Those help mitigate the amount of damage you take on reflect.

Also what's your current gem setup? One thing that helped me with reflect was replacing Weapon Elemental Damage with Life Leech gem. Yes, your tooltip will show a sizable drop in DPS, but with just the core 4 gems, DPS is already enough for 78 maps / Atziri. I've found that the 5th and 6th gems should be Life Leech / Cold Penetration for best combination of survivability/DPS. Cold Penetration has the nice benefit of increasing damage to monsters while not increasing damage to yourself on reflect packs. With Cold Penetration, resist-capped monsters will take up to 140% more damage from your Ice Shot (which affects subsequent burn damage with 3D).

I'll be making a video soon of ele reflect map to demonstrate the above.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Sep 12, 2014, 10:25:32 AM
I disagree with the update to the tree, going through the top part of ranger offers much better synergy than the bottom part, we don't run grace, we dont run a lot of flat life on gear so evasion/life nodes don't help. Not to mention top part of ranger synergies with hatred/herald of ash.

I also disagree with the extra 3 points to get the 1% max cold res node. We are already capped on res so the extra res (not the max res) doesn't help, same issue as first paragraph with the evasion on those nodes.

This build is perfectly fine for reflect mobs but piercing through an entire reflect map is very dangerous. It's doable but I would just recommend not running reflect maps. It's better to not run reflect maps than create a slightly inefficient passive tree to get ~300 more life and die to reflect maps anyway. And to double clarify I mean reflect maps not reflect mobs.
Last edited by link1313 on Sep 12, 2014, 11:54:49 AM
"
link1313 wrote:
I disagree with the update to the tree, going through the top part of ranger offers much better synergy than the bottom part, we don't run grace, we dont run a lot of flat life on gear so evasion/life nodes don't help. Not to mention top part of ranger synergies with hatred/herald of ash.

I also disagree with the extra 3 points to get the 1% max cold res node. We are already capped on res so the extra res (not the max res) doesn't help, same issue as first paragraph with the evasion on those nodes.

This build is perfectly fine for reflect mobs but piercing through an entire reflect map is very dangerous. It's doable but I would just recommend not running reflect maps. It's better to not run reflect maps than create a slightly inefficient passive tree to get ~300 more life and die to reflect maps anyway. And to double clarify I mean reflect maps not reflect mobs.

The issue is not reflect maps, its reflect mobs, especially group reflect mobs, if you show me a video of you surviving reflect group on 75+ map in full party I'll be IMPRESSED.

If the build is not party viable then I'll have to drop it, because playing solo is boring and inefficient.

I'm going to do 3 things:
1. Take the survivalist node.
2. Replace WED gem with life leech
3. Make highlight video of all my reflect deaths (I run shadowplay so I'm always recording).

I don't mind dying at my lvl (83) if i can prevent it later on when it really counts just to provide footage for everyone to see.
"
forzazx6 wrote:

The issue is not reflect maps, its reflect mobs, especially group reflect mobs, if you show me a video of you surviving reflect group on 75+ map in full party I'll be IMPRESSED.

If the build is not party viable then I'll have to drop it, because playing solo is boring and inefficient.

3. Make highlight video of all my reflect deaths (I run shadowplay so I'm always recording).

I don't mind dying at my lvl (83) if i can prevent it later on when it really counts just to provide footage for everyone to see.

The number of people in a party doesn't affect the amount of damage reflected, nor does the area level. Rare monsters reflect 14% regardless of anything else. A 66 mob pack in a solo session will kill you just as good as a 78 mob pack will in a 6-player session if your damage was already going to kill you anyway.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Sep 12, 2014, 12:24:05 PM
"
forzazx6 wrote:
"
link1313 wrote:

I think I know what the issue is. When I play solo or with my one friend I focus on lining up my shots to hit the max amount of monsters, if I crit then all the non rare monsters die and then reflect on the remaining monster isn't am issue. When you play in a 6 man group monsters have greatly increased hp, in this case you cannot fully kill all the reflect monsters in one go despite doing the same damage, you have to be careful in these cases because life leech is not instant
I would recommend lining up the shot, firing until crit, taking the reflect damage (which won't kill you because we're 60% physical and 85% elemental or something like that), use potion, and then wait until full hp before firing again. With all the commotion on the screen in a 6 man group I think you fired constant ( or at least two) crit arrows into the pack, which 3000-3500life cannot sustain. Hopefully this helps. Definitely gotta be careful in big groups vs reflect. (especially if a teammate is multi cursing or has anger/wrath on). The issue may not ( the build itself but what your teammates are adding to it.
"
rrtson wrote:
"
forzazx6 wrote:

The number of people in a party doesn't affect the amount of damage reflected, nor does the area level. Rare monsters reflect 14% regardless of anything else. A 66 mob pack in a solo session will kill you just as good as a 78 mob pack will in a 6-player session if your damage was already going to kill you anyway.

Yes I'm aware of the reflect mechanics, I wasn't implying towards that, just that in FULL group you get MORE auras that increase your dmg and you don't really have control over that.
Last edited by forzazx6 on Sep 12, 2014, 2:36:29 PM
Ive been playing this build now, im lvl85 and i think that ice shot proliferation isnt doing much, i think main burn comes form herald of ash, maybe this build would benefit more from some other support gem on ice shot than proliferation?

Maybe something like this; herald of ash - reduced mana - increased burning damage - elemental proliferation

and ice shot - pierce - phys proj - weapon elemental damage - cold penetration (as 5 link)

this way you make maximum damage on that one (or many cause of pierce) and make shit load of ash burn.
IGN Tontunkives
Last edited by Juhku on Sep 12, 2014, 5:38:41 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info