1.3 ✮ The Crit DoT Chin Sol build ✮ Puncture Trap / Ice Shot (Build of the Week S3E3)

fixed up after update... too much in 1 place? not enough somewhere else?

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAdEDHgW1BiMIiQ5IFr8Z_hsBG-Ae8B9BIXYj9iT9JT8mlSoLKlss6TBxMHwxszH6MpQzeDY9OdQ6QjqzQzZKfUt4TZJRR1LsVUtW-lfYW69daF3yXkVh4mKsZ6BqjGyMb_JwUXBScNV2b3aCdvd313n2frB_An8rgl6Gzod2idOMC4w2jX2Nv5AKkA2S85UFmvGbjZ2qoJ-hIqJAotmjiqbgp9Sr0q_rsNi0xbTRtUi3dbl8wTPC7MSiyAzIFMqp1CPWithU2cbajdvn3BXdDd2o44TnOudU7LDuFfPq9Pj1b_lj-uv8xf7I_94=
"
Juhku wrote:
Ive been playing this build now, im lvl85 and i think that ice shot proliferation isnt doing much, i think main burn comes form herald of ash, maybe this build would benefit more from some other support gem on ice shot than proliferation?

Maybe something like this; herald of ash - reduced mana - increased burning damage - elemental proliferation

and ice shot - pierce - phys proj - weapon elemental damage - cold penetration (as 5 link)

this way you make maximum damage on that one (or many cause of pierce) and make shit load of ash burn.

Interesting idea. I dropped Elemental Proliferation from Ice Shot and put a Life Leech gem in since I am still running a 4 link. I think maybe you are on to something as I don't really notice much difference after I removed Elemental Proliferation in overall DPS. I haven't tested it too much as of yet though.

I like the idea of a full-on 4 link for Herald of Ash. Would need to consolidate Hatred elsewhere which brings me to this idea...

Currently I am using Split Arrow - Pierce - Curse on Hit - Assassin's Mark for cursing. But I think you could make a hybrid 4 link for Hatred.

Hatred - Reduced Mana - Faster Casting - Assassin's Mark.

Interested in what rrtson has to say about these ideas.
I see that you changed the start of the Ranger tree, is that something you are just testing so I dont respec lots of point for nothing?
I gave it a quick test in case people were wondering.

It's definitely not worth dropping hatred. Overall clear speed was a lot slower and the build felt a lot less powerful. Additionally the 25% drop in tool-tip DPS didn't feel like a good tradeoff for 11-14% more evasion (from grace)
Last edited by link1313 on Sep 12, 2014, 10:42:00 PM
Can someone look over my passive tree please and see if i'm on the right track? Maybe make corrections? Seem glassy TBH.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsOSBa_GY4b4B7wH0EhdiP2JpUqCypbMHEwfDH6MpQzeDY9OdQ6QjqzSn1LeE2SUUdS7FVLVvpbr11oXfJh4mKsZ6BqjGyMb_JwUXBScNVyw3ZvdoJ293fXeOt9dX6wfwJ_K4Jehs6HdonTjAuMNo19jb-QDZUFmvGbjZ2qoJ-i2abgqwuw2LTFtNG1SLd1uXzBM8LsyAzIFMqpzAbTftQj1orYVNnG2-fdDd2o44TnCuc67LDtg-968-r1b_zF_ro=
Git R Dun!
hope important is it to have elemental proliferation on herald of ash? I'm just wondering how much that will actually help with clear speeds.
Once I post an offer in a thread, I never check back. If I win something, please PM me.

IGN: _Keone
"
hope important is it to have elemental proliferation on herald of ash? I'm just wondering how much that will actually help with clear speeds.

It's the most important thing for clearing.
-I tried things a bit, you can test this out simply just first playing without herald of ash and then using herald of ash and taking out ele proli from ice shot links, you can clearly see that the herald of ash is the one doing most of the burning and if you get burn out of ice shot it doesnt do that much damage.

Hence i think we should focus more on arrow damage on that one last socket instead of ele proli on ice shot, i would really want some thoughts on this from the guy who invented this build in the first place.

-Also i noticed that rrtson has focused build on more doing burn damage on ice shot (removing weapon ele etc) but if you want to focus on that why not add increased burning damage to it? shouldnt it increase the ice shot burn dramatically?

-Three dragons; can someone explain me how this shock works, if you crit that 15% from phys to fire makes the shock effect? cause the overkill ignite sure as hell wont shock since its direct ignite damage not initial fire damage which would cause the shock effect, so that 15% phys to fire as a crit makes the shock?

-Edit; iceshot-physproj-pierce-weaponele-added fire, this setup as 5 link seems to be far more superior compared to ele proli, mobs just melt away :)

-So as i see it this build works like this, huge crit: kills one more or many with pierce and herald of ash kills the rest with ele proli, so another thing we take the calculation is the shock, afaik shock comes from when you crit and you got lightning dmg on ur overall dmg (or fire with three dragons) so when we dont have ele proli on ice shot how do we spread this effect? i think lmp would be a nice thing to this, i leveled with lmp and i think its really strong for this combo especially since it spreads shock in this setup.
IGN Tontunkives
Last edited by Juhku on Sep 13, 2014, 4:05:52 AM
6link setup on ice shot

with life leech gem

Spoiler

without life leech gem

Spoiler

Warning, you will die to reflect:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0otYw_jA8pk

- my ice shot dps is only 11k (I use life leech gem instead of weapon ele)
- notice how before i shoot i use my cold flask to bring myself to 86% cold res (+1 max from tree passive)
- this happens very often in groups / solo when arrow goes offscreen.

BE WARNED.

* I know i could prevent that death but that wasn't the example I tried to show
* I'm not going to listen to any opinion that discredits the video above unless provided with counter video showing someone firing on reflect pack and "putting a dent in your hp".
Last edited by forzazx6 on Sep 13, 2014, 7:53:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info