1.3 LL BM Summoner - Atziri viable on a budget (142k - 282k Single dps - 4link only - MF viable)

"
Anakkk: Hatred is based on phys. Zombies do phys. Evangelists do phys. What is the problem? On determination: this is probably the worst aura you can chose. your minions have close to no armor, same counts for yourself. What about summon skeletons? Takes too much time for me and most others. Ghazzy only uses them really for the triboss

So the bonuses depends on the "character" that gets it, and not the character using it? They way i saw it, Hatred and Determination would give bonus based on MY phys damage and MY armor, and give the same amount to my minions. If you're correct, then Hatred is absolutely way better then Determination, no questions asked then. But if it works the way i think it is, even if Determination gave a low bonus, it would be better then Hatred's bonus.
Thanks for the answer!
"
Badfish_07 wrote:
Back from 8 months. I was told BM's dont do very good damage anymore. How fast are they dropping trash? I'm thinking of making a BM / SRS build. no zombies. BM's for packs then SRS for bosses. Full MF ES lowlife with shavs.

Burnings sucks imo. They do less damage then evangelists (i tested in farming lunaris, because, well, thats the only place they really shine) and they dont protect you. Doing srs as Low life blood magic is not recommended btw, since you cant recover es when casting.

"
paynoris41 wrote:
Ty for replying to my question about optimal gear, I'm gonna ask a super nub question because I've never ventured off to a witch or summoner before. Does the res on our gear affect our zombies in any way? the reason I ask is so that if I'm capped on gear maybe I can run a different aura instead, ty for insight and advice

It doesnt. Zombies have their own res (starting at almost zill, going up to 32/64/32 meaning PoE will be enough for them)

"
Level 61 now leary and doing well.
Thanks again for the effort and replies here.
Perfectly appropriate gear is very hard to get /expensive. I pretty much gave up for now and opted to to accept I won't have uber gear for along time, so why not MF till then.

The belt is amazing...for my incinerater, but it's the best I got right now.
PoF will be my aura while I grind docks. And besides it's my lowest resist while I wear Andy's.
I do have a 60/60 Rathpith waiting for me at 68 aside from that I can't afford no +2 minion 250 ES helms, or Shav's.

But man! the + aura effect nodes are amazing. With this gear, at 61, I'm at over 2200 ES. Amazes me really.
Well thought out build.
Can't wait to get my merciless undieing Evangelists which should be tonight!

Nice to hear and good choice opting for the mf route. If you pm me ingame I might be able to hook you up with one of my dozen used +2 helmets for a bro-deal.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
"
anakkk wrote:
"
Anakkk: Hatred is based on phys. Zombies do phys. Evangelists do phys. What is the problem? On determination: this is probably the worst aura you can chose. your minions have close to no armor, same counts for yourself. What about summon skeletons? Takes too much time for me and most others. Ghazzy only uses them really for the triboss

So the bonuses depends on the "character" that gets it, and not the character using it? They way i saw it, Hatred and Determination would give bonus based on MY phys damage and MY armor, and give the same amount to my minions. If you're correct, then Hatred is absolutely way better then Determination, no questions asked then. But if it works the way i think it is, even if Determination gave a low bonus, it would be better then Hatred's bonus.
Thanks for the answer!

Yeah, hatred affects the phys damage of the mobs, same as all other aura's. Thats btw the reason I dont like using Vdisc over Vgrace, since my minions dont have %es nodes (duhh, they dont even have a tree) vdisc doesnt do enough, while vgrace miraculously does the same to both me and my minions (with the aura nodes giveing close to or maybe even spot on 75% dodge)
Any update on Atziri with this build?
"
Any update on Atziri with this build?

Killed her 6 times (only 2 failed needed to get the first kill, after no fails anymore), more because I dont have sets than anything and i dont bother farming. Last time triboss was deathless, no evangelists lossed etc and just 1 death on atziri due to double flameblast (keep in mind, Ive never ever done atziri before this build). Videos will be coming up soon, Hopefully but Im kind of sick so bear with me a bit.
Last edited by leary93 on Sep 17, 2014, 8:43:23 AM
ehh double oops
Last edited by leary93 on Sep 17, 2014, 8:43:03 AM
i cant really get evangelists very easy

when i summon a spectre i cast 2 times because of spell echo and when there are many corpes he summons an evangelist and some other crap mob

but when i remove spellecho, summon a spectre and put it back in the spectre doesnt have spell echo right?

any tips on this?

can i unsummon individual spectres?
Last edited by Speckmuetze on Sep 17, 2014, 10:53:23 AM
"
Speckmuetze wrote:

when i summon a spectre i cast 2 times because of spell echo and when there are many corpes he summons an evangelist and some other crap mob

but when i remove spellecho, summon a spectre and put it back in the spectre doesnt have spell echo right?

any tips on this?

Take out spell echo when summoning put back after. due to the change of snapshotting (updates everything now when you change stuff up) the spectres will actually have spell echo after. And you can always raise zombie the unwanted corpses too. I mean, this is how they did it pre-1.2.
"
leary93 wrote:
"
Speckmuetze wrote:

any tips on this?

Take out spell echo when summoning put back after. due to the change of snapshotting (updates everything now when you change stuff up) the spectres will actually have spell echo after. And you can always raise zombie the unwanted corpses too. I mean, this is how they did it pre-1.2.

ah nice, didnt play for a longtime and never played a summoner

i am lvl 53 right now and its quite fun :D

cant wait to reach lategame
Vaal disc is really strong. I can more or less outpace trio whirlwind dot or turbo vaal ball lightning damage on my zombies with it. It's also huge for recovering ES on atziri with the lack of ES recovery nodes/movement skills in this build. I run vaal haste + vaal disc in my standard setup together in apex, grace in the rath in place of PoI with vaal haste in the nongenerosity aura 4link. This allows me to swap to saffels with purity of fire/lightning while dropping grace which isn't really that useful for atziri. Vaal disc alone is something like 6.5k additional ES on me (minions would get less). That's enough to guarantee you get out of pretty much any "oh shit" situation that didn't immediately one shot you.

I think it'll take some summoner/master item changes before uber is possible with zombie/evang again. Maybe lvl 4 empower/21 zombie will be enough to carry through uber trio? Seems like your only option is to sacrifice 50-70k dps running Montegrulbies.
Last edited by dwarfhitman on Sep 17, 2014, 12:21:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info