1.3 LL BM Summoner - Atziri viable on a budget (142k - 282k Single dps - 4link only - MF viable)

leary i really liked this build a lot, minions were already very great at my level. I should have known better with so low ES/Life i am going to get screwed sooner than later :).
But again 2 thumbs up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQx2tSVBoVU&list=UUfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ atziri kill up :D hope you all enjoy. Ill try to record a better quality one later
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Hey leary93 thanks for the guide and videos. I acquired some gear and am currently leveling up my low life summoner. I'm taking a different direction than your build, but your guide helped a lot and gave me some good ideas.
"
Hey leary93 thanks for the guide and videos. I acquired some gear and am currently leveling up my low life summoner. I'm taking a different direction than your build, but your guide helped a lot and gave me some good ideas.

Well, hope you do well. If you have any questions about summoning whenever, dont hesitate to ask ;)
I like your guide so much I am re-making summoner. My first character was a summoner and being a first character, stunk. Rather than doing the full respec I've decided to trash her and start afresh. Thank yo for the detailed guide.
Censored.
Yo mate, very nice guide. I thought of doin an auramancer based on mortal convinction before the league started, but I didnt do it coz i feared it would have been too costful (i was wrong).

Didn't thoguht about summoner version though. I had some questions, since i've never done a summoner character:

1) Since minions are also spells, why not take Pain Attunement?
2) You use Midnight Bargain. Its good to have one more specter for havin more damage (and, if eva, more def coz more chance to stay in proximity shield), but honestly i dont like at all the 30% life reserved. So any other wand would be ok?
3) Never used Necromantic Aegis, so Im not sure how it works: does it give all the stat you read on shield (block, defence, implicit and affixes) or just a part of them to minions?
4) How can you play maps without Arcane Vision? You shouldnt see anything so you could be shotted by everything.
5) To control minions, you go against monsters and then backtrack? Or is there another skill useful to control better their IA?
"
Serge91 wrote:
Yo mate, very nice guide. I thought of doin an auramancer based on mortal convinction before the league started, but I didnt do it coz i feared it would have been too costful (i was wrong).

Didn't thoguht about summoner version though. I had some questions, since i've never done a summoner character:

1) Since minions are also spells, why not take Pain Attunement?
2) You use Midnight Bargain. Its good to have one more specter for havin more damage (and, if eva, more def coz more chance to stay in proximity shield), but honestly i dont like at all the 30% life reserved. So any other wand would be ok?
3) Never used Necromantic Aegis, so Im not sure how it works: does it give all the stat you read on shield (block, defence, implicit and affixes) or just a part of them to minions?
4) How can you play maps without Arcane Vision? You shouldnt see anything so you could be shotted by everything.
5) To control minions, you go against monsters and then backtrack? Or is there another skill useful to control better their IA?

1) even tho the minions are spells, the damage they do is first of all, not affected by our personal spell damage, and second of all, the low life clause would have to affect the minions instead for it to work on them.

2) Well, here's a little thing that comes into my mind: what the hell would you else do with the 30% life. No other aura's are really worth running (determination doesnt do anything since we nor minions dont have much armor, wrath, anger mayheps but they dont buff significantly, more purities isnt needed at the same time). And, it adds 1 evangelist (about 10% of our damage) and another zombie (nother 5% of our damage) and it gives minion dmg, life and speed... Moreover, the aura's that you would be able to run arent particularly needed by most partymembers since they either run them theirselves (wrath, anger get ran by ele buzz anyways, determination is niche for aegis aurora)

3) it gives all the stats of the shield to the minions instead of you. Saffells means that they get +4max res among others

4) well, you can still see, but harder. I never actually died to not seeing something so I never bothered leveling 3 more levels to get the damn node

5) default attack. its the perfect direction skill. For quicker and riskier stearing, go forwards, concovate and step 1 step back to have your minions in front
About the wand: do the less reserved life nodes affect the 30% life reserved from the wand? I was thinkin about using the void sceptre unique (50% less zombies, but tons of boosts on them)
"
anakkk wrote:
About the wand: do the less reserved life nodes affect the 30% life reserved from the wand? I was thinkin about using the void sceptre unique (50% less zombies, but tons of boosts on them)

no it doesnt. And montegruls grasp is not a recommendation unless you think your zombies arent tanky enough (they are tho). The sceptre actually reduces your total dps, since the damage bonus that it gives doesnt even nearly double the damage the zombies put out.
"
NoNamium wrote:

Hi again!

I've changed my build to the following:

The passive-tree now looks like this:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABkkMfQ18DY0OPBB_EVATbBRxFSAXLxmKGmwajxslHNwdFB1PIvQksCW8Jwso-imlKk0qmCzpL281uUKjRARGcUuuTblOKlFMVdZXyVnzW69ca1yKZOdmnmqsa9tsC20Zb55wu3KpfRh9W3_GgKSCx4MJg7aESIVgiECPRpAzkFWTJ5uhm7Wdrp_LoqOmrKcIpyuqxKxHrKqwd7QMuJO_l8AawcXB88M6w23Gnsk9ykrMvNP72QvZE9lb3Q3fit-_6QLqGOq66-7sGOyK8h722vcy99f46_qA-tL7CQ==

I must say that the advise you gave me + the purity + shift to high end armour is very strong.
I've done Shipyard, Shrine, Courtyard. I have yet to do Palace, Atziri and über Atziri and in courtyard against the boses I had to reanimate zombies, but with "The Vertex" at half price, this is not a problem.
Also the vertex with empower is just as good as a +2 to minion-helm since I get 24lvl zombies with this setup.

Things I cannot do/risky:
Jungle Valley boss area with + mobs or anything that simply overwhelms my minions and ends up giving me hits once in a while (every 1-2 seconds)
Crematorium boss - This is the only boss that packmans my entire crew. Died to this once, because of the speed at which my minions go from full health to completely gone, even with 85% fire resist.

I'm currently flipping many of my gems including aura-gems, since the increased area of effect enables me to be more safe while still buffing my minions.

Kind regards
NoNamium
Last edited by NoNamium on Sep 22, 2014, 4:04:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info