The trading cancer and hacking once again kills of this game for 30+ players

Lvl 76 in Beyond league, haven't seen a single 5L so far, best drop was Wurms Holt.

Playing this game without trading is a nightmare. I managed to scrape couple of chaos through selling some stuff and buying myself a 5L bow, but other than that, I'm kinda stuck at 68-69 maps, with no possibility of progressing forward, unless I hit a jackpot from a drop. I've given on hope that I'll get some nice stuff through drops only.

The game is great, but the drop rates always kill it for me.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Sep 3, 2014, 4:06:31 AM
"
Sawm wrote:

You should stop right now, "mods arent the game content.", they are if you put them in the game. stop trolling with your opinions lol. OPINIONS stay opinions, you CHOSE to play a game designed around the need for mods, You chose to not use mods, but mods ARE content...they are usually filled with bugfixes...the only difference is that you chose what patches to apply, and in poe you dont't chose anything you are force feed, some people enjoy some don't you clearly dont like the complexity and infinity that is mods, ( odd considering you play poe and what people love about poe is A LOT of diversity, its why it attracts a lot of solo/offline/mod type of selfound guys.)

Yes, Mods are the same as patches by definition they ARE patches a lot of the time, but you chose what ones to apply, that simple.

I guess you find mods maybe too complex? but try out medi xl...get you're mind blown, mods sure as hell can change a game...but they are just like patches poe offers...only you can chose what ones you enjoy playing with...no other explanation possible tbh, perhaps its just MY opinion.

What do you think dev's expect when they release a game WITH modding tools, that those tools are part of the engine of the game they sell and ment to be used to add to the experience that's the whole idea behind offline games... the mistake you are making is comparing online only with mods...only mistake here.

tldr

poe: offers 1 patch possibility, you cannot play without it.(competitive)
mods: offers you to patch how ever you wish to play it. ( 0-competition )

First of all, don't tell me what I should do.
Second of all I'm not trolling, how to fuck do you troll with opinions? If anything you're the on who's trying to troll

Again, I'm going to spell it out for you slowly
Mods are things made by john doe and Jane whodunit.
Mods aren't part of the original game,no matter how much you write and what insults you use

Case in point median xl that you brought up. Is it a great mod ? Yes. Is it ever brought up when discussing diablo2 as a whole ? Fuck no.

Mods give users a chance to create content on game engine. A shitty mod isn't a part of the game, just like a great one is it as well. Thousands of famous games used other games engines but you never hear talk about half life being content of quake 2 do you ?

Mods are completely and fully optional, and when I review a game, not even the best mod in the world has influence on the actual fucking game.

When I bought tl2 it had zero fucking mods. Zeeeero. I don't see why I have to play a mod to experience diversity. If u tell me to play the mod it only means devs admitted lack of balancing and left it to the players to finish. Thus, tl2 as a standalone game has no build diversity

Again you can get all mad as you want, but it won't change the fact that some people like to oplay shit unmodded. When I buy a game on steam I've played ages ago, I want the same brilliant experience and not john doe giving me shiny textures, missing dialogues and lack of bugs. So fucj u steam, I'm not installing any mods for deus ex or system shock2 or planescape torment

A game is a work of art, and a great game can be compared to a novel. I'm not interested in what john doe has to say with his interpretation of Tolstoy, even though it might come out 'better'to some than original book. I want to read Tolstoy, with all his imperfections, not john doe. Get it ?
"
Alea wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

Anyway you don't like PoEs trade, poor drop rate, or bots - none exist in RoS. Go play it and leave us alone.

Now what can you answer if i tell you most of players are unpleased by the drop rate and the trade-for-dogs economy ;)

Wtf "leave us alone"... this is so clueless...

go away

I won't believe it. How do you know most are displeased? Do we all have moments? Sure but by in large I'm happy or I wouldnt be playing it - same as everyone else still here.

With that said I always vote affirmative in SFL discussions so ppl have choice to stay and decent drop. But that has huge problems too. Like play what you find not what you want. What I call RNG builds. Soon they will be back to the trading leauges so they can play what they want.

Someone who only says negative things should leave us alone. Game is obviously not for them.
Git R Dun!
I disagree.
S L O W E R
"
grepman wrote:
"
Sawm wrote:

You should stop right now, "mods arent the game content.", they are if you put them in the game. stop trolling with your opinions lol. OPINIONS stay opinions, you CHOSE to play a game designed around the need for mods, You chose to not use mods, but mods ARE content...they are usually filled with bugfixes...the only difference is that you chose what patches to apply, and in poe you dont't chose anything you are force feed, some people enjoy some don't you clearly dont like the complexity and infinity that is mods, ( odd considering you play poe and what people love about poe is A LOT of diversity, its why it attracts a lot of solo/offline/mod type of selfound guys.)

Yes, Mods are the same as patches by definition they ARE patches a lot of the time, but you chose what ones to apply, that simple.

I guess you find mods maybe too complex? but try out medi xl...get you're mind blown, mods sure as hell can change a game...but they are just like patches poe offers...only you can chose what ones you enjoy playing with...no other explanation possible tbh, perhaps its just MY opinion.

What do you think dev's expect when they release a game WITH modding tools, that those tools are part of the engine of the game they sell and ment to be used to add to the experience that's the whole idea behind offline games... the mistake you are making is comparing online only with mods...only mistake here.

tldr

poe: offers 1 patch possibility, you cannot play without it.(competitive)
mods: offers you to patch how ever you wish to play it. ( 0-competition )

First of all, don't tell me what I should do.
Second of all I'm not trolling, how to fuck do you troll with opinions? If anything you're the on who's trying to troll

Again, I'm going to spell it out for you slowly
Mods are things made by john doe and Jane whodunit.
Mods aren't part of the original game,no matter how much you write and what insults you use

Case in point median xl that you brought up. Is it a great mod ? Yes. Is it ever brought up when discussing diablo2 as a whole ? Fuck no.

Mods give users a chance to create content on game engine. A shitty mod isn't a part of the game, just like a great one is it as well. Thousands of famous games used other games engines but you never hear talk about half life being content of quake 2 do you ?

Mods are completely and fully optional, and when I review a game, not even the best mod in the world has influence on the actual fucking game.

When I bought tl2 it had zero fucking mods. Zeeeero. I don't see why I have to play a mod to experience diversity. If u tell me to play the mod it only means devs admitted lack of balancing and left it to the players to finish. Thus, tl2 as a standalone game has no build diversity

Again you can get all mad as you want, but it won't change the fact that some people like to oplay shit unmodded. When I buy a game on steam I've played ages ago, I want the same brilliant experience and not john doe giving me shiny textures, missing dialogues and lack of bugs. So fucj u steam, I'm not installing any mods for deus ex or system shock2 or planescape torment

A game is a work of art, and a great game can be compared to a novel. I'm not interested in what john doe has to say with his interpretation of Tolstoy, even though it might come out 'better'to some than original book. I want to read Tolstoy, with all his imperfections, not john doe. Get it ?

There is a problem when an interpretation of Tolstoy ends up being better than another author's original work though, especially when said interpretation was created by an amateur.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
No, it doesn't. It does not directly alter the client in any way, shape, or form. No code is changed.

Mods directly change the client, an indexer reads it. Two completely different things.

The economy is not limited to the client. PoE as a game thusly does not end at the client, it includes the forum as well and afterwards also tools such as poe.xyz.is.

When the discussion was in regards to builds in PoE v. TL2, it is limited to the client.

The economy affects the builds and therefore it is still not limited to the client.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

2. This games drop rates suck if you wish to play self found. It's not designed around it. It's designed to trade inapplicable items you find for applicable ones. No "smart drops" here. It's essentially trade to play. Or pay to play for ppl breaking code of conduct.

Two weeks in the new leagues. Really only started farming hard this past weekend.
Spoiler

I mean, what do you want from the drop rates?
"
majesw wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

2. This games drop rates suck if you wish to play self found. It's not designed around it. It's designed to trade inapplicable items you find for applicable ones. No "smart drops" here. It's essentially trade to play. Or pay to play for ppl breaking code of conduct.

Two weeks in the new leagues. Really only started farming hard this past weekend.
Spoiler

I mean, what do you want from the drop rates?

I didn't think Aim was doing anything other than stating the obvious, and I don't think he's in favor of changing drop rates in any way.
"
Taganov wrote:

I didn't think Aim was doing anything other than stating the obvious, and I don't think he's in favor of changing drop rates in any way.

Well, I don't believe the drop rates suck... I think the system is pretty darn solid. I can farm faster as a solo player than in a group anyhow...
"
majesw wrote:
"
Taganov wrote:

Well, I don't believe the drop rates suck... I think the system is pretty darn solid. I can farm faster as a solo player than in a group anyhow...

No arguments from me on item drop rates in general, and I pretty much play solo/self-found if not with a real life friend. Orbs and EXP, well, that's a discussion I'm too tired to have.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info