The trading cancer and hacking once again kills of this game for 30+ players

Even...with crafters(who give you res or hp on practically anything decent you find for pretty cheap)...you can't manage to find gear? cant farm a boss for a handfull of chaos to get better gear? sounds like you looking for a very very very casual game to play mate, maybe try something else.

Learn 2 recipes.
Learn 2 make monnnneyyyyys (protip especialy in hardcore people need GG rolled potions)
learn 2 ...play :)

Sorry if this seems like im just being a dick, i really do mean all this, you just need to learn to farm efficiently, there are SO many ways to make orbs without really trading much what so ever...i have had countless 40+ex goals and always met them quite fast and i did it NEVER by trading, sure i had to trade what i found but i NEVER spent time flipping, and tbh even selfount friends i have who have horrible rng dont complain about the shit you complain about lol, sure rares are 99% garbage, but there are plenty of ways to get anything you desire by grinding mobs...

tldr: Farm better or quit lol.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"

But lets say you wanted to play normally and sell the rares you find ,well once again you will be spending hours on THIRD PARTY sites looking up the value of your items or sell them for next to nothing to someone who will just flip it .
What? You can't complain about 'flippers' if you willingly sell your stuff for next to nothing. Try selling it for what it's worth instead of acting like a child and saying it's the game's fault other people are better at trading than you.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
I think the key phrase here is "once again kills"

Either it didn't die the first time or it's not dead now. You'll be back ;)

In a hardcore league like the real world ya, but software is playing in the softcore league and takes the 10% exp loss I guess... ;)
"
Ouroboros226 wrote:
Once again players who thinks endgame is the only factor that counts?

I only play HC+Selffound+solo and I still havent completed merciless, for me atleast its about the journey not the destination, removing trading from the game alltogether makes the game the most fun for me atleast.

At some point you WILL hit that endgame barrier as with all other games. That barrier being that you play the game so much that loot, progress and so on becomes exponentially harder. But that is how the game HAS to be.

Consider the alternative. Droprates increases and the late endgame becomes easier. You will become bored and uninterested.

IMO if you play a game too much - the reward feeling will become harder and harder to hit. As for endgame playing vs trading, never been an issue for me personally.

Have you considered switching to a self found player? It may increase your way of viewing the game.

This is a bullshit argument that only works for those that don't understand the purpose of playing an ARPG in the first place. ARPGs are you create characters that are capable of killing giant waves of mobs in interesting ways. Notice I used the plural form of character. Means multiple. Just because you reach endgame faster doesn't mean you will be bored and stop playing, especially if the game has true build diversity where multiple builds for each character are viable. It just means you are able to roll more characters until you run out of builds to create (which based on the tree, should be pretty close to infinite, but we all know that isn't the case).

I seriously hate this argument, because it shows that you actually understand that there's actually not much build diversity in PoE and you basically aren't willing to admit it. Due to how high spike damage is endgame and how powerful some of the modifiers are (things like curses, shock, puncture, and a few other nonsensical mechanics that force players into playing certain ways), there's actually a lack of build diversity compared to D2, TL2, and other ARPGs.
Last edited by allbusiness on Sep 2, 2014, 12:06:10 AM
"
allbusiness wrote:
there's actually a lack of build diversity compared to D2, TL2, and other ARPGs.

I call major bullshit on this one.
unmodded vanilla TL2 doesnt have anything in build diversity over PoE. no-thing.

there are more builds of fire caster/trapper in PoE than there are total embermage builds in TL2. dead serious.

TL2 actually has pretty limited build diversity due to vast disbalance of skills.

for embermage basically its 1)prismatic mage 2)ice mage 3)staff mage. thats pretty much it.

add utility/defensive/stationary skills as spices, but these are meat and potatoes of embermage play in vanilla TL2.

most lightning skills besides prismatic bolt are meh and fire skills are even worse besides the defensive ones (which are required in hardcore due to ridiculous damage spikes on NG+)
Last edited by grepman on Sep 2, 2014, 12:31:04 AM
"
grepman wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
there's actually a lack of build diversity compared to D2, TL2, and other ARPGs.

I call major bullshit on this one.
unmodded vanilla TL2 doesnt have anything in build diversity over PoE. no-thing.

there are more builds of fire caster/trapper in PoE than there are total embermage builds in TL2. dead serious.

TL2 actually has pretty limited build diversity due to vast disbalance of skills.

for embermage basically its 1)prismatic mage 2)ice mage 3)staff mage. thats pretty much it.

add utility/defensive/stationary skills as spices, but these are meat and potatoes of embermage play in vanilla TL2.

most lightning skills besides prismatic bolt are meh and fire skills are even worse besides the defensive ones (which are required in hardcore due to ridiculous damage spikes on NG+)

Comparing the unmodded vanilla torchlight 2 is closer to comparing it to this game during closed beta if anything. They released the modders toolkit for a reason and made it available to anyone who wanted to use it THEN used steam to allow automatic downloading of mods. At one point during my time with torchlight 2 I had close to 100 classes (of which quite a few functioned uniquely) available and could change any skill I wanted any time I chose to.
If you include mods then thats not a fair comparison. I am pretty sure you could say there are 2 million builds for TL2 because the mods customise things very slightly
^ Using a patched game that adds content like PoE does is no different then using a modded one except for who does the changes. One is done by a team of devs professionally and the other by random people and yourself. If you remove the mods in the comparison, then you have to remove the content patches.
Thats not true at all as the game torchlight also receives patches.

Mods are something third party, they are created by an infinitely larger user base, and the quality control is also infinitely less. The thematics to it is infinitely different, and the reason one build might work in one and not another is balance also being infinitely variable.

Its like if you could go and change the amount of cold damage enemies deal so they can never freeze anyone ever. And at the same time reducing their lightning resist to -100. Then suddenly any lightning build is the best build ever. Is it really though? Or is it that the game has been modified which changed the balance.

The idea of 'viable' implies that the balance state is a constant, and the viability is then judged based on whether build 'x' can complete objective 'y', be it atziri, dominus merc, lvl 78 maps, etc.

If the balance state is not constant, ala mods, then neither is the comparison for if a build is viable
^ Content patches =/= bug fix patches, and then there is no discussing balance then when even here stuff pingpongs from gamebreaking/overpowered and useless quite often with tweaks for skills that far to often read as +400% or -90%*.

* and even more fun is when the same skill is impacted by a few of those such tweaks at the same time because of overlapping mechanics changes... spark learned that the hard way.
Last edited by Jiero on Sep 2, 2014, 1:39:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info