The trading cancer and hacking once again kills of this game for 30+ players

Not even 4 weeks in and once again many players of /poeg/ including myself are sick of this game.

We reach end game and realize that grinding for your own loot(read:upgrades) is STILL next to impossible and that "flipping"(read:scamming) in trade chat is the most profitable way to play this game and the only way a reasonable player will ever be able to see some build enabling/defining uniques .

But lets say you wanted to play normally and sell the rares you find ,well once again you will be spending hours on THIRD PARTY sites looking up the value of your items or sell them for next to nothing to someone who will just flip it .

Then we go on to learn about how the botting and hacking problem is still at large and GGG does nothing to really combat the problem ,their flagging system is obviously flawed since these bots continue to bring in currency and uniques in to the eco . They only "ban in waves" I'm told so botters/hackers have a harder time finding out what they did wrong ,yet the botters on reddit and 4chan never once mention getting ban....

Then we also got players who made some poor choices since GGG fails to make every skill balanced together and their always seems to be those OP few builds that clear at insane speeds compared to others .

Their options?Re level or spend what little money they have on regrets in the hopes they spend it correctly this time.

P.S:Also invasion 2.0 /yawn
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
It would appear none of you are able to get lucky and blaming it on others. In the real world this is called jealousy
Last edited by Torchbane on Sep 1, 2014, 7:17:29 PM
who gives a damn, I play for myself not other people. I don't care what anyone else does
neither should you because it does not affect you or your life
CRAWWWWWWWWWWLING MA SKINNNN
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
CRAWWWWWWWWWWLING MA SKINNNN

these wounds will not heal...
How can you say it's "STILL next to impossible" when you barely ever tried the end game content ?
IGN : @Morgoth
Cry me a river ☺
Once again players who thinks endgame is the only factor that counts?

I only play HC+Selffound+solo and I still havent completed merciless, for me atleast its about the journey not the destination, removing trading from the game alltogether makes the game the most fun for me atleast.

At some point you WILL hit that endgame barrier as with all other games. That barrier being that you play the game so much that loot, progress and so on becomes exponentially harder. But that is how the game HAS to be.

Consider the alternative. Droprates increases and the late endgame becomes easier. You will become bored and uninterested.

IMO if you play a game too much - the reward feeling will become harder and harder to hit. As for endgame playing vs trading, never been an issue for me personally.

Have you considered switching to a self found player? It may increase your way of viewing the game.
I'm running self found on my current character. She has horrible clear speed and bad gear. I don't complain. I just keep playing the game.

Trading is necessary if your goal is to either run a specific build with specific uniques or to get the most insane clear speed necessary. It's not necessary to play the game or to have fun.

It's okay if the other kids have better toys than you. Just have fun with your own toys.
That's why it's best to not play that part. Bring a build idea up using things you've found until that build gets to the point where you feel it's necessary to begin the economy slog, then begin again with a new idea.

Don't be another statistic. Be free!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info