[1.2.1] Crit Glacial Cascade Build - Cheap & Powerful - 1.3 passive tree added

"
kompaniet wrote:
I think taryn's shiver is bad for this build. Same with doryani's catalyst except that one has 1% leech and some crit chance atleast.

This is a crit build. You want to focus on that. I have over 60% crit chance and about 400% crit multiplier and this is with my self found gear. There is a lot of room for improvement but when i demolish maps (up to 74 so far) with this cheap gear that is saying all needed to be said.

Fair enough. I just picked up this dagger pretty cheap

Really nice monkeydave. It seems like the perfect weapon expecially with the cold leech you have added.
Thanks. now if I could just figure out how to upgrade rest of my gear. I'm scared to go Cloak of Defiance because I've only got 2k mana, 700 after reserving Herald of Ice, Clarity and Purity of Ice.
I am now lvl 81 and the build do fine.

But atziri builds are verry special and no chance to do with this build.

For me its verry sad, that most thread builder change the build they made verry fast.
But that is part of the game.

I try to optimise builds and look what is possible with.

And if you plan to beat atziri (what is verry anoying) then try the bor build. It works verry nice.
And a question i have

Whats the reason that noone use rats nest for this build.

I looks verry nice. Have i overseen something what it makes it bad?

"
And a question i have

Whats the reason that noone use rats nest for this build.

I looks verry nice. Have i overseen something what it makes it bad?

Well, the Attack Speed and possibly the rarity are useless, so that just leaves crit chance and evasion. Crit. chance ends up being an extra 3.6-4.5 percent (60%-75% * 6%)? I'm already close to 60% when my charges are up, and above it with Assassin's Mark. Just isn't worth it for me at least to give up the life, es (mana) and resists.
I don't think Taryn's is necessarily that bad for the build - it makes up for DPS lost by providing extra utility
- more chance to freeze enemies
- option to get a 5-6L for cold snap: adding spell echo to coldsnap is amazingly good
- Party friendly - enemies frozen take an extra 20% damage from *everyone*

If you're just playing solo though, then yes it's probably better to just use a 1 hander and shield.

This build is intended more as a general guide: there's going to be a dozen different ways you can probably optimize it for more damage/survivability, but given what I set out to use it for (first character of the league), in my case at least, it has served its purpose.

If anyone's interested this is the character that I dropped it to work on instead:
[1.2.x] ✮The faux Igna Phoenix build ✮(ES/RF/BM/lowlife/fireball) - no shavs required!
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Hey, nice build but why the Hatred? :D

No offense, but i just cant understand it, Hatred should apply to physical damage only.
[Beyond] Hajhji/MahouShoujo_Madoka
"
Nithon wrote:
Hey, nice build but why the Hatred? :D

No offense, but i just cant understand it, Hatred should apply to physical damage only.

Glacial cascade deals both physical damage and cold damage.
"
monkeydave wrote:
Thanks. now if I could just figure out how to upgrade rest of my gear. I'm scared to go Cloak of Defiance because I've only got 2k mana, 700 after reserving Herald of Ice, Clarity and Purity of Ice.

2k is more than enough mana and purity of ice is not needed.

I went with cloak instead of carcass jack. With the cloak there is no problem with elemental reflect. That's a big plus. The downside is of course losing the 20% aoe bonus from carcass (if there is a choice between the two) I think cloak is superiour though. There is more than enough aoe without carcass.

Current items. Lvl 86.

Spoiler

11000 dps with 7 power charges up. 60% crit chance. 540% crit multiplier. Only running clarity + herald of ice + arctic armour. Don't bother with hatred if using the cloak. It only adds 500 damage or so. Use hatred if using carcass jack.

Using freeze totem to open even freezing boxes safely and smoke trap to add extra safety vs boxes with exiles that cause the screen to freeze for a second or two.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 26, 2014, 8:48:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info