[1.2.1] Crit Glacial Cascade Build - Cheap & Powerful - 1.3 passive tree added

So i play this build for a while now and i am 87 now short to 88.

Some things in the last post are good, some i dont see so.

First. Carcass is the best chest for me for this build. I dont need more dmg through conc but i need the reach from the carcass. If i play verry fast and have conc inside and dont see the reflekt mob i am death with spell echo bevore i can do anything. With carcass i hit the mob only ones if he is far away and i have time to react if i see my life dropping. And the dorany belt is great while i dont need a life leech gem.

That the pledge is a wonderfool staff for this build is no discussion. BUT a 5l is verry expensive and i have no drop luck.

I have with powercharges now 30 k + dmg and all maps are no problem exept reflect maps, blood magic maps.

I can do reflect maps (with saffels) BUT i must slow down my kill speed and so i have no fun.

Next i try to kill atziri with this build and i write what happens :-)

That is my gear for now the head is only for a little bit more xp.

Spoiler

If i can get an pledge i will respec to staff.

only my little comment.

english isnt my native language. So take the comment with a little smile :-)
Ok.

Ab big backlash on my way to 88 :-(

A fracture -18 max resi and desync was the reason for 2 death. And a mob with ele reflect and
a moment of unattention the reason for the third.

No more - resi maps for me.

for now i am verry frustrated because of desync and make a break for now.

As a side note fracture and glacial cascade is a no go. i dont see anything for seconds and then it gives a bump an the mobs are death or 2 times today i was death.

"
So i play this build for a while now and i am 87 now short to 88.

Some things in the last post are good, some i dont see so.

"
First. Carcass is the best chest for me for this build. I dont need more dmg through conc but i need the reach from the carcass.

Increased area effect gives you more reach then carcass jack in a cloak of defiance then what you got now. This is a non issue.

( you can replace your power charge on crit gem with increase area effect, then use assassin mark for even more crit dmg + regen aka survival and it gives powerchrages on crit ).

"
If i play verry fast and have conc inside and dont see the reflekt mob i am death with spell echo bevore i can do anything.

The reason that you die is because 100% of the dmg that you get reflected hits you in its full force without any reduction applied towards it. Con is not the issue, its that your defense is lacking.

You get hit with physical dmg from glacial cascade for 100%
you get hit with cold dmg from glacial cascade for 100%
you get hit with lightning dmg from your gem linked towards glacial cascade for 100%
= massive dmg on yourself

You don't even use arctic armour if i see your gems. You basically are a glasscanon atm. the moment you hit a reflect mob you drop dead in a second.

I play incinerate build atm with RF. I do 8k dmg each burn attack on a monster, if that monster reflects i'm dead in a blink of a eye. But that's why i run purity of fire, arctic armour and cloak of defiance. now i can hit reflect monsters while not getting dmg at all which makes me clear stuff far more faster and easier.

To get back towards your char, what if you did the following:

1) put high level arctic armour on = physical dmg + fire dmg reduction.
2) shift lightning for fire dmg, as fire dmg get reduced
3) run purity of ice to reduce the dmg you get on reflect
4) cold to fire gem ( 50% of your cold dmg becomes fire dmg which your arctic armour reduces
5) get doryani's catalyst = 1% elemental leech, it leeches from all elementals not just 1 that glacial cascades pushes out = better regen
6) flasks, use cold / fire flask = massive reduction in dmg you get
7) cloak of defiance = 40% dmg reduction on your hp pool, its a insane reducement ( also 500 evasion on top of it )
8) increased duration on your gloves with endurance cry and the other 2 gems = more survival

Now you start to become a hell lot more tankier, and you won't drop dead in a blink of a eye on a reflect monster.

"
With carcass i hit the mob only ones if he is far away and i have time to react if i see my life dropping.

Like i mentioned above, increased area effect got you covered.

"
And the dorany belt is great while i dont need a life leech gem.

The reason why people go for doryani's belt is because of the leech, the leech can be replaced by a better elemental leech on the catalyst, the belt can then be replaced by a high hp belt. That's why people walk with high hp belts instead of doryani's belts. The lost cold dmg is nothing that catalyst doesn't fix on raw stats.

Your dmg is higher, hp is higher, leech is higher.

"
That the pledge is a wonderfool staff for this build is no discussion. BUT a 5l is verry expensive and i have no drop luck.

Pledge gives already spell echo, therefore a 4l pledge is actually a 5l staff, you only need a 4l as a 4l is actually a 5l, those cost 5ex atm, you probably can snag one for 4ex if you spend some time whispering people, its affordable, and if you get this, there is no need to have a 5l chest anymore, you can even sell that chest for 2ex and add another 2 to get pledge + a few c for another non linked cloak of defiance.

"
I have with powercharges now 30 k + dmg and all maps are no problem exept reflect maps, blood magic maps.

Personally i dislike powercharges myself, the whole power charge concept is offputting, but the dmg increase is there i guess. How much you will do on dmg with my solution i dunno. I didn't play mine own for months now. But that number surely will increase.

"
I can do reflect maps (with saffels) BUT i must slow down my kill speed and so i have no fun.

Dropping dead instantly on higher levels is gona be brutal exp wise, this is why people build more tankier chars and not glasscanon type of chars, as you will encounter reflect monsters more and more as you need to kill more and more monsters for the same exp.

"
Next i try to kill atziri with this build and i write what happens :-)

Well i hope you get him down !

"
That is my gear for now the head is only for a little bit more xp.

Spoiler

Nice gear you got there mate, its a good start for sure, but my advice gearwise what you still can enhance is:

1) ditch the helm, its terrible. Get a high ES ~250 helmet with high hp ~90 hp. more survival.
2) weapon, but i already discussed this
3) belt also discussed
4) higher hp ring / neck
5) most of all change the cloak

"
If i can get an pledge i will respec to staff.

Why would you need to respec tho, i don't think anybody picks specific wand or staff points anymore.

only my little comment.

"
english isnt my native language. So take the comment with a little smile :-)

It's not my native language also, but you are perfectly fine understandable :P

wow

What i nice comment thanks a lot.

Pledge i tryed to get one but the sheepest was 8 ex and i dont have that :-(

The other comments i will give a chance. I will then write my experience with it.

And the staff notes with serpent stance are so good that i think its a try.

Thanks a lot again for you nice comment.

Ah and increased duration i dont found. And i play only self found. So i dont have
the possibility to put it to the cwdt.

(the only try to not selffound i would give the pledge staff. But i hate to do so)

and i forgot to show in reflect maps i use a 20/20 purity of ice and a saffels.

But you are right, its also with that a pain to play :-)

But normaly its so crasy to oneshot with crit and powercharge in 76 maps most of the
mobs. And if i change the powercharge crit gem then its also with assasins mark not so
easy to have the charges.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Oct 17, 2014, 3:42:51 AM
"
wow

What i nice comment thanks a lot.

"
Pledge i tryed to get one but the sheepest was 8 ex and i dont have that :-(

Well i play on rampage so that probably effect prices.

"
The other comments i will give a chance. I will then write my experience with it.

And the staff notes with serpent stance are so good that i think its a try.

Thanks a lot again for you nice comment.

np

"
Ah and increased duration i dont found. And i play only self found. So i dont have
the possibility to put it to the cwdt.

The gem on rampage costs like 1 alch, hardly worth it to farm days for in the hope one drops.

"
(the only try to not selffound i would give the pledge staff. But i hate to do so)

Why? if you don't trade or buy stuff you will have a hard time collecting the right gear / gems etc, as drops are completely random.

"
and i forgot to show in reflect maps i use a 20/20 purity of ice and a saffels.

But you are right, its also with that a pain to play :-)

Glass cannon chars are fun at lower level because of its dmg, until you hit a point where you need to clear 10 lvl 76 maps in order to get 5% exp, and then a random reflect dude wrecks 10% of your exp bar because of reflect.

Then suddently the dmg isn't that interesting anymore and having a proper defense is far more interesting.

"
But normaly its so crasy to oneshot with crit and powercharge in 76 maps most of the
mobs. And if i change the powercharge crit gem then its also with assasins mark not so
easy to have the charges.

Yea the dmg is fun and all, but that's the point from my reaction earlier, even with the additional defensive solution your dmg won't lower under it. It's a solid effort to go into.

After not playing my glacial char anymore on standard i will probably rebuild one on rampage and get some high level gear going and see what maximal potention dmg wise + defense i can pull out of it. Dunno yet for sure tho. Still glacial cascade is a fun build.

"
Glass cannon chars are fun at lower level because of its dmg, until you hit a point where you need to clear 10 lvl 76 maps in order to get 5% exp, and then a random reflect dude wrecks 10% of your exp bar because of reflect.

Thats the point :-(

Thats what i hate and i am lvl gems to try your nice idea.

I will play this char to 90 and then test a rf build. I found a phoenix shild so i have all i need :-)

And selffound is a try in this leage. In normal i trade, but i use the leages to try new things. An at now this is the funniest char i ever played.

Since 82. Then you are right. The exp loose at this levels is verry hard. So i loose one day playtime because 30 % loose in fact of desync.

Thanks for your helpfool and nice comments.
Last edited by ichbinwerichbi on Oct 18, 2014, 3:41:40 AM
What can should be add if I have a 5L or a 6L on glacial cascade ?

And why Added lighning damage ??

Thanks.
"
MeTeC wrote:
What can should be add if I have a 5L or a 6L on glacial cascade ?

And why Added lighning damage ??

Thanks.

concentrated effect + increase area effect to counteract the decrease in area from concentrated effect.

This will give you 69% more dmg which is huge.

Lightning dmg gives a debuff that yields in more dmg that's why people use it. I personally for this build advice against it, because it will wreck you with reflect monsters really fast.
Last edited by GATYGUN on Oct 18, 2014, 5:45:18 PM
added lightning because of shock and double dmg when shocked.

i had also added cold gem and it was very nice because of freezing all mobs.

But like added lightning i was death with only one reflect mob.
With added chaos its a little bit better but if i am not fast enought i am dead. And with spell echo some time i survive first reflect and die at second :-(

Today i had 98 % exp for next level, and then i die in a 76 48 % pack size map because of spawning 12 ! devourer at same time, screen freeze i hit logout but if i log in again i have only 88 left.

Thats the reason why i never never never play hardcore in this game.

And like gatygun say. The only way to prevent from this is to have a tanky char.

But i will not play a char which makes me less fun, only because ggg dont realise, that desync is the most anoying thing in game and many people dont play it further in fact of desync.

so i must collect exp again.
ok.

A short review on the last days.

I had the chance to test a 6l carcasse and put the addet cold gem in. It was ingredibily. I had with 7 pc near 45 k dps with near 70 % cance to crit and 430 crit multiplier. Thats crazy.

Then i tested the cloak with a pledge (i had one 5l) and i found it tankier but not really funny. My dps was 20 k with pc but i had many problems to hold the pc only with assasins mark.

AND the biggest fail for me was the range. In most maps i can kill mobs from a range, that they cant reach me. And if charging mobs or exiles come in my direction mostly the freeze or die bevor they can rach me. That was with cloak verry bad. Ok. they make only half the dmg but if the groundslamming exile or some verry fast charging mobs reach me now, i have big problems to survive.

So my choise for this build is (i play it to 90 and then test rf with another) the best is a
carcasse with added cold (freeze is verry nice to have) added chaos (no reflect) pcoc, spell echo and if you have a pledge or the dorany belt you normaly dont need a life leech gem and can use the last place for an addet lighning.
Thats with the range from the carcass is absolutly crazy dmg and map clear speed.

BUT no reflect mods, no no mana reggen mods and every reflect mob can be your death if you not fast enought to have a flask.

So its for me a crazy fun build with great dmg and through the range enough survival.

More if i rech 90 and make for my fun atziri

thanks and excuse for my bad english

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info