[1.2.1] Crit Glacial Cascade Build - Cheap & Powerful - 1.3 passive tree added

yeah!!!

Short after i reached 89 i tryed the most fucking boss for me bevor atziri (what i try with 90)
and i killed her. The fucking jungle vally spider.
I died 2 times but i killed her.

I changed the pcoc gem with conc gem and with carcass it works verry nice. If i have some verry annoying maps i need sometimes the more reach and put it out. But with 32 k dmg without power charge and 45 with its verry fine.

And i died no more of reflect since i am verry careful and do no reflect maps.

Lets go to 90
Hey at all

This build is the funniest i had in poe. I clear with him all maps without problems. Some mods dont work as

reflect, blood magic, no mana reg.

half mana reg is no problem but slow down the clear speed so i dont like it.

I am since 1 week 90 and make the challenge with the bosses to kill.

So far its verry easy to make that with this build. Also without cloak.

I have found, that the combination form glacial cascade, concentrated effect, addet chaos, echo and addet lightning is the best because i freeze or shock the most mobs.

The all stone was verry easy and i know with my last build i had no chance to kill him.

Atziri was not easy but the mobs, the double vaal (who was freezed or shocked the most time) the three bosses all are easy to kill with that.

Atziri was a Problem and i died 4 times but i killed her.
Atzire herself is no problem, but the split form is a pain. Perhaps i had not the experience and i will try her another time. But i killed her.

Now i must kill fairgraives but had no map. He is the last for the challenge i need.

my equip (for atziri i use the shaffels normaly the rath)

Hey all,

I found this thread, I had a slightly different approach with my Ice witch.

I'm running a grace aura with ondars, so archers and normal attackers aren't the problem - I like dying to magic bosses and exiles, since I'm not used to getting much damage the rest of the map.

Damage is not that high, so ele reflect is not the problem so far if I put the life leech gem in the red socket, where normally the Item Quantity is.

Equip is this, this is completetly selffound since I don't like trading:

Spoiler

Tree: http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMAAuMEBwVCBbUHHgelCPQOSA-rD8QRlhXnFr8W8yP2JP0mPCaVJ6kqCyycL50wfDIBNj06WDt8PV9BlkSrRXxJUUmyTLNNklAwUUdSU1VLVa5Vxl3yXyph4mHrYqxjQ2SdakNrF2yMbRltbHBScNVzs3pTfyt_xoIQgh6D24nTjDaNfY2_j6aP-pUglS6XlZeXl_SbJp2qoqOus7IZtUi4yrmTvOrAVMHzwwnPetD11orbC9-K37DnVOd06Nbr5Ov18Gvw1fId8uHz6v_e

Hey hey,

been having much fun with this in both standard and the new Torment league. The build has been as it promises, cheap and powerful. :)
Any chance on the OP (or anyone else with more knowledge of the synergies than me) updating the skill tree to go with the changes in the Templar area?
Hi all, nice build, but... Can we have a 1.3 passive tree? :D

Thanks, cheers
Hi all,

I checked this thread before the patch and decided to try it out. I have a Witch though and I didn't go all the way to the Shadow start (but close).
Here is my tree: (lvl81)

My gear:
Spoiler

I played lvl 72 maps so far (Torment) and had no problems at all.. even in 6 man parties the damage is decent and clearspeed fast and also viable (I am at ~ 3.7k hp and around lvl18 AA).

I like the version with Carcass Jack so I bought one and 5L'ed myself. Now, before Christmas, I was like 'I don't care if I can't play that often so I just corrupt my Carcass' and I got the 'Cannot be knocked back'. So I will continue playing it and hope for comments here ☺.

I also want to mention some points that I gave thought: I have two other versions of this build in mind:
1.) Get Kaom's Roots (cannot be stunned boots but no sockets). This only works if you can get the Doryani's Catalyst, which have a 'Gems in it are supported by lvl20 Ele prolif.' so you can put your ColdSnap in there. Why? Because getting stunned is a bitch and you could respec the 'Avoid being stunned' passives at witch area.
2.) Get Kaom's Heart (+% fire dmg, 500 life, no sockets) and therefore the Taryn's Shiver (2h Cold staff) with a 5L for Galcial Cascade. For this setup the Cold to Fire Gem would be essential (or the Ring 'Pyre' which converts 100% cold to fire, but not sure how well this would synergize). This would solve the Elemental Reflect problem (because high lvl AA).

Greetings

P.S.: Elemental Reflect is a problem. At the moment I have a Kaltenhalt Buckler (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Kaltenhalt) in secondary equip slot and switch if Elemental reflect is there. So I get + max cold res, which doesn't help much, but better than nothing (and i always wanted to use a kaltenhalt :D). If you play safe you will not die to Ele Reflect at all, just split the rare mob from the rest and kill him solo does work fine, but I like running in like crazy (softcore league of course).
Last edited by black_zentaur on Dec 22, 2014, 5:31:31 AM
Hi !

I'd like to ask a simple question, is this build possible without EB, i got a lot of nice gear with + mana, so can i pick up mana nodes and still run this build with CI ?
IGN : UnholyRampage
Hey so the passive skill tree is not working for me can you please help me out and make/ or send another one to me. Glacial Cascade is my favorite skill.
Hey!
Zeekin can you update passive tree? Now PoE 1.3.0 and you passive tree dont show.
I seem to get a lot of PM's asking for an update skill tree, so here is a rough 1.3 tree which is basically the same as the 1.2.1 tree. Main difference is I took the new templar node which seems pretty OP. I only spent about 10 minutes optimising it, so there might be a few nodes here and there you can skip/etc.

"there is no spoone" - The Matricks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info