[1.2.1] Crit Glacial Cascade Build - Cheap & Powerful - 1.3 passive tree added

"
IGotGuts wrote:
Can you link the armor that you used in the video please? Trying out this build right now, so far so good!

I've listed all my gear under the "my gear" section near the end.

I'm currently working on acquiring a taryn's shiver / voidbringer to see how they might augment the build.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
I'm leveling my shadow with this build now. Pretty strong.
Btw, is it necessary to link Pcoc since you have assassin's mark curse?
Definitely keen on an update to your current gear plz :)
what about critical nodes down from coldhearted
Any thoughts on using Frostbite in this build?
Check out my small shop!

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/751827
"
sharbe wrote:
I'm leveling my shadow with this build now. Pretty strong.
Btw, is it necessary to link Pcoc since you have assassin's mark curse?

It's exceedingly difficult to maintain powercharges without pcoc equipped, and impossible to maintain it against a single target using only assassin's mark. The 7 power charges increases my critical chance from about 33%->56% which is pretty important. So I think it's necessary yes.

I wouldn't use frostbite, assassin's gives more damage (crit chance / crit multiplier) and helps maintain power charges.

Current build at level 83 is this, after picking up a nicely rolled Taryn's, I picked up the staff crit nodes:

Upgraded a few peices of gear:
My gear

Next thing I'll aim to upgrade is probably my neck peice which currently only really provides life.
When I was rolling my rampage character I was torn between ice spear/FP/glacial cascade. I went with freezing pulse, but i'm now leaning towards restructuring around ice spear and coc.

Not positive on how well it's going to work, but specifically I was thinking I'd go Ice Spear ---> GMP --> Spell Echo --> Crit multiplier --> Faster casting for my 5l, with a 4l CoC set up with Coc + Arc + Glacial Cascade or Arctic Breath + insert whatever support gem I decide on here.

For gear I'm going to be rocking a Divinarius and a Rathpith globe. Managed to get my hands on some decent uniques pretty early this season. I'll let ya know if it works out well also.
Level 57 with this build, just made it to Act 3 Merciless. I'm doing pretty well with crap equipment. Consistently a few levels below area and doing just fine. A little squishy if I'm not careful.

Very fun build. I rushed over to Templar for area radius, so I haven't taken a ton of crit nodes yet, so a whole lot of damage increases on their way still. My gear sucks, but I'm still rocking it.

I found putting cold snap, ele. prolif and cold pen. into a 3L +1 cold gems wand helps a lot with freezing early on.

My gear
Spoiler
How is your survivability?
Can you run AA or cloak of defiance with this build or is it necessary?
"
sharbe wrote:
How is your survivability?
Can you run AA or cloak of defiance with this build or is it necessary?

It definitely has the mana pool to run AA, but you'd likely need to stack a few items with 50%+ extra mana regen/sec, I haven't bothered yet.

I run clarity as high level as possible, even easier if you start witch (since you can pick up the extra 40% mana regen node).

The build is yes a bit squishy, I've started running immortal call in my 4L CWDT since cold snap wasn't achieving much and I needed protection from the random phys dmg spikes (e.g. devourers, charging enemies desyncing and so on). Generally though, distracting enemies with skeleton totem and/or vaal skeletons, or just freezing them with cold snap does the job 95% of the time.

Now that I've got atziri's flask and a 5L with life leech linked elemental reflect isn't really a problem anymore either.
Last edited by Zeekin on Sep 2, 2014, 7:45:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info