[1.2.1] Crit Glacial Cascade Build - Cheap & Powerful - 1.3 passive tree added

You need sapphire flasks to deal with ele reflect, I carry one around always - physical reflect doesn't seem to bother me too much - I can only see it being a problem if you somehow get your crit multiplier up really high. CWDT + immortal call also helps mitigate phys relect quite a lot

generally though I try to stay away from ele reflect maps.

I'll upload a shipyard run I did a bit later on.
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Hi

I am now at 75 and have a 5 l chest. With 1700 mana i have the added cold gem and think about the added chaos gem to put in. the added cold is nice while the freeze chance with quality.

Why do you have this gem not in your choise ?

Is it because the mana cost ?
I've just seen this thread and its similar to the character I'm currently playing in Beyond League.

I've not gone for EB as I need the extra defense of my Energy Shield but the build is v similar.

DPS feels good, and I haven't died (yet). Only lvl 66 tho

Running slightly different skill set up with

Glacial Cascade - Spell Echo - PCOC - Inc Crit Dam - Added Lightning Dam

Cold Snap - Trap - Multi Trap - Elem Prol

Flame Totem - Faster Casting - Knockback

CWDT - Enduring Cry - Frost Wall

Discipline and Clarity linked to Reduced Mana

I like using Cold Snap linked to traps as it keeps my power charges up, and altho it does less damage linked with multi trap I find it does freeze rooms very nicely still, especially with frostbite (a more defensive curse i find)

Have just under 3k life and similar ES with max resists. No armour or EV to speak of. In the process of swapping to gear with mana regen to use AA. Appreciate it won't get to be high level without EB but I figure it all helps

Fun build to play and certainly HC viable

IGN - LeNavetBete
Last edited by foetal on Sep 15, 2014, 5:01:18 AM
Atm I play an Ice Shadow, mainly using Glacial Cascade and Ice Nova. I only have 4L available, I linked GC with Knockback, which works like a 100-200% dmg increase, because the target gets hit by more circles of GC when knocked back or when walking towards me again. It's pretty amazing and works better than Faster Casting that I linked previously. When I get a 5L I'll add Faster Casting again or Spell Echo. Currently it's linked with IRR and Mana Leech. I do not use Clarity, but Tempest Shield and Herald of Ice.
Last edited by Salumba on Sep 15, 2014, 8:52:05 AM
Can you post a picture of your defenses page with this build please?
Hey gr8 build, but im lacking on phys defense, so what do you think of Cloak of Defiance, with a few more mana/mana regen nodes?
How much is added lightning helping? Is it really better than cold pen/faster casting/increased aoe/critical dmg/critical strikes or added cold?

Many gems to choose from :)

If one obtains a 5l life leech seems to be the perfect gem to attach though. Nice build!

My items:

I prefer freeze totem over cold snap because i can safely open freezing boxes with that.

You don't have to worry so much about arctic armour. I can run my lvl 18 arctic armour even on half regen maps. With passive tree and items you have plenty of regen for it.
Last edited by kompaniet on Sep 20, 2014, 11:53:45 AM
Have you attempted Atziri yet?

Also, I now have a little currency and am considering upgrading. Would you recommend a Taryns and deal with no shield, or a Doryani's Catalyst?

Currently level 81. Still loving the build. I can handle 73 maps, haven't tried higher yet.

My gear:
Spoiler
Last edited by monkeydave on Sep 21, 2014, 8:56:22 AM
"
monkeydave wrote:
Have you attempted Atziri yet?

Also, I now have a little currency and am considering upgrading. Would you recommend a Taryns and deal with no shield, or a Doryani's Catalyst?

Currently level 81. Still loving the build. I can handle 73 maps, haven't tried higher yet.

My gear:
Spoiler

This is in no way an atziri build, I have serious doubts that it would be capable - this is more of a first-character to the league type build i.e. low barrier to entry, good clear speed/damage regardless of gearing.

To be honest with you I've stopped playing this character and moved onto another (as goes most of my characters!) I did have a 77 shipyard map I had recorded and intended to upload, but it seems I inadvertently recorded over it when I was rendering a video of this other character I've been working on (oops!).

Before I stopped this char my gear was something like this:
My gear

The main difference from before is that I started to use voidbringer gloves which add a nice amount of crit taking you up to something like 60% chance to crit while powercharges are up.

With this gear you're fully capable of doing 77 maps.

I still really like the build etc, but I've just moved onto a new one :)
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
I am currently playing this build as a witch on rampage. Already linked my gear further up. Currently lvl 85 and doing great.
I think taryn's shiver is bad for this build. Same with doryani's catalyst except that one has 1% leech and some crit chance atleast.

This is a crit build. You want to focus on that. I have over 60% crit chance and about 400% crit multiplier and this is with my self found gear. There is a lot of room for improvement but when i demolish maps (up to 74 so far) with this cheap gear that is saying all needed to be said.

I wanna thank Zeekin for this great build. Amazing first-character to the league type build too. Could not agree more. Very fun to play. If i was a reviewer i would give this build and guide the seal of approval :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info