The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
notreallyhim wrote:
haven't played in a while.. started again this weekend and decided to try this build.

Apparently I got really lucky on this bow, anyone mind telling me what I should do to finish it?

thx!

You can take percent increase pys damage, accuraty, and attack speed. Otherwise you can ask in global chat.
No need to ask in global chat.
Ipd,ipd and accu and atk speed = max damage.
To crit or not to crit ?
I managed to kill atziri in 74 lvl :) but I got some problems with my life I just got 3k life .s

my gear
Spoiler

and passive
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BiMILgiJCpsWvxmOGf4bAR9BIXYj9iT9JpUqCzBxMHwx-jKUNj051DpCSn1LeE2SUUdR2VVLVvpbr11oXkVh4mKsZ6BsjG1sb_JwUnDVdvd313jrfXV_An8rhs6HdonTjDaNfY2_kvOVBZrxm42dqqCfoaSi2abgpzSn1K_rsJK0xbVIu-PAnMEzwuzEosqp037UI9aK2cbcFd0N3ajh2-OE5wrnVO2D73rz6vrr_MX-uv7I_5P_3g==

I'm 80 lvl now. and just 3k life :( What did i wrong ?
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Alizae wrote:

If you have drillneck and then replace WED gem with pierce. Would it be higher dps than rare quiver ?

Well, if it wasnt, why would Drillneck cost several exalted?

Yeah bought one recently,
Here's my Quiver vs Drillneck
Spoiler

So, Would you use pierce gem in this scenario ?

Link Combination:
#1. Tornado + PPAD + GMP + Inc.Crit.Damage + Added Fire + WED
Drillneck dps: 28651
Normal Quiver: 27216
Mana Cost: 46

#2. Tornado + PPAD + GMP + Inc.Crit.Damage + Added Fire + Pierce
Drillneck dps: 24960
Normal Quiver: 21013
Mana Cost: 33

#3. Tornado + PPAD + GMP + Inc.Crit.Damage + Pierce + Faster Attack
Drillneck dps: 24663
Normal Quiver: 20627
Mana Cost: 32

Last edited by Alizae on Sep 28, 2014, 3:11:26 AM
inst add pierce really better for the clear speed ? because all ur arrow will pierce and hit more target ?
If u use pierce drillneck is the best ?

Monster wich do high physal dmg arent a problem if u not dodge ? its not worth to use lightning coil?
Last edited by keta on Sep 28, 2014, 4:31:20 AM
I am absolutely loving this build - it is definitely the overall most solid build I have ever done in PoE. Super quick and easy to level, and also really cheap to put together.

I am running into some survivability issues, however, in late game. Right now, I am attempting non-uber Atziri, at level 85, and just can't seem to get through it. I have a couple issues getting through the two Vaal dudes (mostly just their beam attacks, and the ball lightning attack that comes when you've killed one or the other). I can get past the trio easily enough; Puncture is just brilliant in that battle and the only time I've died was from corpse detonation.

I am hoping someone could offer some feedback on my build, and perhaps give me some pointers on increasing my survivability in the Apex of Sacrifice.

My gear:

Spoiler

My Passive Tree:

General performance:

* With 3 Power Charges (which I gain easily with TS using PCoC), my tooltip DPS for Puncture is 33,567; and Tornado Shot is 10,748.
* Use Projectile Weakness curse for added oomph.
* Running Hatred for extra DPS, and Grace+Vaal Grace & CwDT+ED+IC+ID for survival.
* Maxed elemental resists (chaos has never proved to be a problem).
* 40% chance to dodge attacks.
* 30% chance to dodge spells.

I can tank the Vaal beams once or twice, too much too fast and I'm dead with no time to react (only time I've died to that is when I'm stupid). Ball lightning is a crapshoot though - too many projectiles in a wide arc to run around, so it's up to RNG whether or not I evade or dodge. If I fail to do so, I'm dead with no recourse.

Atziri's flameblasts just murder me faster than I can pop my ruby flask (that's when there are even any charges left, since she flameblasts so much and so quickly). Storm calls I run from with little to no problem, and can tank one or two hits without ruby flask. Her spear attack is a joke, no issue there.

Other than the above, the build performs beautifully. Running maps with no issues, often killing map bosses with Puncture before they land a single hit. White and blue mobs melt. Rare mobs bleed to death.

My thoughts:

* Too little DPS? - sometimes can't kill things before they kill me (just referring to bosses).
* Too little Accuracy; 88% chance to hit is kind of shitty.
* Too little evasion; with 13,232 evasion, 52% estimated chance to evade seems low.
* Too little health, at only 3,569 with no regen.
* Quiver is kind of shit, but has 2% mana leech which I really need. So I'd need to get that leech from somewhere.
* Should get a surgeon's topaz flask to help with Vaal duo.
* Should probably get quality on my key gems, like Puncture.
* Should get quality on my flasks.

I am more used to running survivability setups like Lightning Coil or MoM/Cloak of Defiance which result in really tanky characters. So I'm a bit lost on how to get to a point where I can run Arziri without major issues.

Again, this is a really great build and I have very few issues while running maps. Most of my deaths have just been mistakes on my part by doing stupid things like not keeping my distance from melee enemies or popping strongboxes without identifying.

My main thing right now is figuring out how to get through the Apex before running out of portals.

Can anyone offer some suggestions? I have about 9 exalt to work with.
Last edited by Khepresh on Sep 28, 2014, 5:28:32 AM
"
Alizae wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
Alizae wrote:

If you have drillneck and then replace WED gem with pierce. Would it be higher dps than rare quiver ?

Well, if it wasnt, why would Drillneck cost several exalted?

Yeah bought one recently,
Here's my Quiver vs Drillneck
Spoiler

So, Would you use pierce gem in this scenario ?

Link Combination:
#1. Tornado + PPAD + GMP + Inc.Crit.Damage + Added Fire + WED
Drillneck dps: 28651
Normal Quiver: 27216
Mana Cost: 46

#2. Tornado + PPAD + GMP + Inc.Crit.Damage + Added Fire + Pierce
Drillneck dps: 24960
Normal Quiver: 21013
Mana Cost: 33

#3. Tornado + PPAD + GMP + Inc.Crit.Damage + Pierce + Faster Attack
Drillneck dps: 24663
Normal Quiver: 20627
Mana Cost: 32

Yeah, elemental damage shows higher numbers, but when resists come to play, this isnt always true. Also, pierce helps to clear large packs better, due to pierce from secondary arrows. So, #3 is still a good option, in my opinion. You dont even lose your DPS sometimes, and you clear large packs faster.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 28, 2014, 10:34:21 AM
lightning coil or full eva chest?
"
lightning coil or full eva chest?

Coil if you have the gear to work with it, eva chest otherwise.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Tornado shot has been nerfed on 1.2.3 patch?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info