The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

Hey there, just reached level 78 and was looking for some feedback. I would like to eventually try NORMAL Atziri. I have had to invest 4 points (2 in STR and 2 in INT) and still need those stats on gear.

Spoiler

Bow attack speed is horrendously low but I'm making do for now. Need an exalt and above for a new bow and since exalts are going for 47 or 48 C that'll take some time.
"
wiggli3 wrote:
I am following this guide,sry that i may sound a bit ignorant but im kinda new.Would it be possible to use herald of ice too with this build in some way?

i use both Herald of Ice n Ash + Hatred
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
I use the CWDT IC combo but I still die to reflect. I can do reflect rares but the reflect mod is very hard. I have to use life pots and i run out quickly.
My Gear
Spoiler

My Dps with TS 4 link is 12k selfbuffed.
Steam- squurellkiller
IGN- Sir_Loots (Standard)
Last edited by squurellkiller on Sep 29, 2014, 6:30:30 PM
"
I use the CWDT IC combo but I still die to reflect. I can do reflect rares but the reflect mod is very hard. I have to use life pots and i run out quickly.
My Gear
Spoiler

My Dps with TS 4 link is 12k selfbuffed.

You dont have life leech, sure you'll die. Especially with 12k DPS. Your evasion isnt amazing either.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
wiggli3 wrote:
I am following this guide,sry that i may sound a bit ignorant but im kinda new.Would it be possible to use herald of ice too with this build in some way?

I would suggest using HoA+elemental proliferation+(if you can afford) increased burning damage. It's much better, than HoI, though takes more sockets. Paper DPS will be lower, but clearing speed will be higher due to insane burn.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 30, 2014, 1:35:58 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
wiggli3 wrote:

I would suggest using HoA+elemental proliferation+(if you can afford) increased burning damage. It's much better, than HoI, though takes more sockets. Paper DPS will be lower, but clearing speed will be higher due to insane burn.
Thx for the tip i'll try it
IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
Ok thx for the tips i will try with ele prof because i have the gem,i wanted to use herald of ice because it was buffed last patch.Last question I'm finding it hard to keep up with mana.Is it normal?I have to spam mana flasks as I'm always ending up with no mana.I have mind drinker
Last edited by wiggli3 on Sep 30, 2014, 6:57:01 AM
"
wiggli3 wrote:
Ok thx for the tips i will try with ele prof because i have the gem,i wanted to use herald of ice because it was buffed last patch.Last question I'm finding it hard to keep up with mana.Is it normal?I have to spam mana flasks as I'm always ending up with no mana.I have mind drinker

HoI was buffed because it was weak. And it's still weak for attack builds, only casters take decent benefit from it.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
Thalandor wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
reflect would destroy you. Unlike other bows lioneye's glare will always hit and when reflected still always hit you. Other bows recheck evasion/dodge using the accuracy number as well for a chance to miss you on the reflect.

Myth: Accuracy/evasion (and Ondar's) protects you against reflect. It's in fact insignificant. If you have any decent accuracy and evasion, you'll find out your chance to hit yourself is in the 85%-90% range. Use the "chance to hit/miss" equation to find out. So your chance to evade your hits is in the 10-15% range ==> 20-30% with ondar's, so it's certainly not reliable protection.

I encourage people to play around with the "chance to hit" formula to find out the truth for their character. That's why IC + cwdt is so indispensable, whichever bow you use.

thanks for the info. Although I didn't mean it would protect someone my aim was more the other side of the coin. With lioneye's there is zero protection against reflect as reflect will always hit you. With any other bow there is some protection.

Another point against lioneye's for this build that I should mention is the low base crit chance.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
"
wiggli3 wrote:

This is interesting. I have been using Herald of Ice as well and it's been nice. Things shatter and die. Supporting ash could be really neat. Blind doesn't work with it. Darn.

Or what about fire penetration? With the herald of ash fire damage and added fire on your skill that would seem to be worthwhile. That is IF the added fire would benefit.

I may have to play around with this to see what would work. The only issue I have is it costs links. I don't have the space for all of this since this would require its own 4L then hatred would need to be elsewhere.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Sep 30, 2014, 6:20:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info