The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
PedrinTornado wrote:
Tornado shot has been nerfed on 1.2.3 patch?

Thanks!

It wasnt.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
BaggerX wrote:
Ok, so I'm lvl 74 now, and running mostly 67 maps since I don't have many higher ones yet. I do fine with those, but I'm trying to figure out what I should focus on next to improve my DPS and survivability for higher level maps. Wanted to see if anyone had suggestions. I know my bow kinda sucks since it lacks crit.

My tooltip DPS (with HoA and Hatred)
Tornado: 3547
Puncture: 5515
Fire/Cold/Light/Chaos Res: 67/76/75/-60

Here's my current passive tree (I have 9 pts to spend):
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIBr-ubjQgu7YMZjgBe0359df66u-PEotwVp9T-yO965woKm3jr_MVnoId2Sn3dDTqzW68hdobOwTNW-nfXOdRv8qCffyvWijB8jX0j9k2SUUfnVCT9_96Nv_rrkvNeRQW11CMwcd2oS3g6QujWIuqxMLUIcaHndG1stUjz6ioLcFIGIx9BAx4WvyaVYeJVS4w2Nj2dqmyMYqzjhMCcpzQ=

Here's my gear. I'm pretty poor. Have maybe 20c (mostly from selling alts), some alchs, and a smattering of other currency. Haven't found an exalt or anything high like that yet, so not really in a position to buy a decent bow. They all seem to be around 4ex now.
Spoiler

first off get a 5L chest for Tornado shot. that will improve your dps a lot. add increased crit damage. you can get a 5L for as much as 3C, just watch trade a lot.

next your puncture is not using any of the right gems. fix it as per mathil's guide. your not optimizing its damage.

lastly you would get a lot more damage with tornado if you used Lesser Multiple instead of GMP. yes, gmp has a greater spread but with not great gear its hurting your DPS. use LMP and you gain 20% more dps. it still clears just as fast.
I have a question about Lioneye Glare bow... What about it in this build?
"
Nickroyal wrote:

No. When the Elreon mod exists, it pales in comparison.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Nickroyal wrote:

reflect would destroy you. Unlike other bows lioneye's glare will always hit and when reflected still always hit you. Other bows recheck evasion/dodge using the accuracy number as well for a chance to miss you on the reflect.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
"
Madcow1120 wrote:
reflect would destroy you. Unlike other bows lioneye's glare will always hit and when reflected still always hit you. Other bows recheck evasion/dodge using the accuracy number as well for a chance to miss you on the reflect.

Myth: Accuracy/evasion (and Ondar's) protects you against reflect. It's in fact insignificant. If you have any decent accuracy and evasion, you'll find out your chance to hit yourself is in the 85%-90% range. Use the "chance to hit/miss" equation to find out. So your chance to evade your hits is in the 10-15% range ==> 20-30% with ondar's, so it's certainly not reliable protection.

I encourage people to play around with the "chance to hit" formula to find out the truth for their character. That's why IC + cwdt is so indispensable, whichever bow you use.
"
endertoo wrote:

lastly you would get a lot more damage with tornado if you used Lesser Multiple instead of GMP. yes, gmp has a greater spread but with not great gear its hurting your DPS. use LMP and you gain 20% more dps. it still clears just as fast.

It's not quite fair to say that GMP is a straight damage loss over LMP.

Base Tornado: 3 projectiles * 100% base damage = 300% damage potential
LMP: 9 projectiles * 70% base damage = 630% damage potential
GMP: 15 projectiles * 50% base damage = 750% damage potential

GMP is definitely an overall damage gain from LMP if you hit with 13 or more projectiles, it's also easier to aim since the bigger spread allows you to be less precise. Plus, you recommend that the person asking questions follow Mathil's spec/gear which includes GMP, not LMP.

What's not in Mathil's guide is the potential for using Pierce with GMP Tornado. Now you have 15 projectiles that don't stop when they hit flesh, instead they keep on going and greatly improve your pack clearing speed. This is of course even better if you're sporting a Drillneck.
"
Thalandor wrote:
"
Madcow1120 wrote:

Myth: Accuracy/evasion (and Ondar's) protects you against reflect. It's in fact insignificant. If you have any decent accuracy and evasion, you'll find out your chance to hit yourself is in the 85%-90% range. Use the "chance to hit/miss" equation to find out. So your chance to evade your hits is in the 10-15% range ==> 20-30% with ondar's, so it's certainly not reliable protection.

I encourage people to play around with the "chance to hit" formula to find out the truth for their character. That's why IC + cwdt is so indispensable, whichever bow you use.

Myth: having enough evasion with Ondar's Guile makes you almost reflect-immune (95% evade).

Truth: if you have ~2k accuracy, you must have ~50k evasion to perform this feat.

Myth: Evasion's protection against reflect is barely noticeable.

Truth: Although you dont evade 95% of the time, it's still VERY useful, as it does double-dip against crits (which do main damage). Damage reduction AND avoidance against your own damage is what you want first to survive reflect.

Myth: Reflect can easily cause one-shotting yourself.

Truth: Players usually die from several instances of reflected damage, applied simultaneously.

Myth: CWDT+IC+EC+ID is a must-have.

Truth: It is.

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 29, 2014, 1:46:06 PM
I am following this guide,sry that i may sound a bit ignorant but im kinda new.Would it be possible to use herald of ice too with this build in some way?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info