The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

nice build mathil, really! i'm using it (with little variation) and i try my first atziri run.. very easy with vaal and trio, very hard with her (need more pratice and less lag :|).. but i'm going to retry soon :)

this is my actually gear (gem for puncture are usually different, i was trying puncture - trap - point blank setup)

Spoiler

passive tree (lvl 92)

i'v got around 4.3k life, 75 fire, 75 light 69 cold res, 13k evasion (without grace), around 70k puncture with 4 power charge and 24k TS (need to make my bow 6L)..

just an advice.. i'm thinking about changing my maligaro with a rare glove.. 2 idea:

1) rare high eva gloves with 75+ life, 13+ Ias, more life leech (only 3% atm), using my actually boots

2) rare gloves with armor for CWDT setup, 75+life, 2 res, life leech and atziri'step (16 more spell dodge it's yummy..) but i need to take another 30 str node

THX! and sorry for my eng :)
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
cut

Thanks.

I am already in the "end-game" tier of bows, so I know basics, but I don't wanna misjudge what the best 10-15ex bow in the market is.
Hey, do you use 3 auras 24/7 or u swapping ?
"
kory1979 wrote:

use herald of ash and hatred in general, switch to grace for reflect maps
I haven't followed this guide, but ended with a similar one.
I had the same dilemma with power charge on crit, and found a nice alternative.

This saves the gem slot on tornado and gives a little boost to assassin mark at the cost of a 4 link and slightly smaller radius.
It may be even more useful for players who can't afford a 6 link.
Great build and I have had a lot of fun playing something close to it but what would be the best choice for the 5'th link tornado shot? WED, PCoC or Increased crit multi?
currently level 55 haveing a BLAST with this build,,, Thx again Mathil..GREAT build as allways my 3rd from you(can anyone say stalker)just kidding currenmtly running this gear since it's all i can wear at the moment.

doing 4k puncture 2.2k torn with 3 pc's n 3 frenzy from boot's using this bow at the moment
will use this bow when i can
affraid to touch the stat's since it has n extra 30 crit chance should i leave it alone?

my current gear

IGN ARROWUPYOURAZZ
"
My_Lego wrote:
Great build and I have had a lot of fun playing something close to it but what would be the best choice for the 5'th link tornado shot? WED, PCoC or Increased crit multi?

IMO, you're looking at PCoC or Increased Crit Multi. It all comes down to your current crit, attack speed, ability to generate Power Charges (quality on Assassin's Mark makes PCoC a lot less valuable), etc. Personally, I find that PCoC is my preferred 5th. It's super easy to maintain 3 power charges which is a cool +150% global crit that applies to both Tornado Shot and Puncture. I'm already clearing packs in 1-2 crits/hits, so I don't really need a bigger multiplier on Tornado Shot. But, the extra global crit is very helpful all around, especially when trying to fish for a Puncture crit on a nasty boss or exile.

Edit: Neversink/Your has produced a Tornado Shot damage calculation spreadsheet as a part of his Tornado/Puncture guide. This spreadsheet will allow you to definitively answer your question about which support gems to use based on your exact stats.

Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989/page/1
Calc: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jMo41lL5xtdExseluc8yIkhd5Yw7u1mruoUSI6y8xxk/edit#gid=1470966244
Last edited by xythian on Sep 22, 2014, 2:43:28 PM
"
cloudscraper wrote:
"
kory1979 wrote:

use herald of ash and hatred in general, switch to grace for reflect maps

I'd also add that swapping out Tornado Shot for Lightning Arrow is pretty helpful for phys reflect maps. This lets you continue to run Hatred. IMO, it's a slightly faster clear speed than Tornado+Grace, but still slower than Tornado+Hared of course.
Hey,

What would actually be the best 5L Drillneck setup?

Tornado shot - GMP - PCoC - Inc. crit dmg - Added fire dmg
or
Tornado shot - GMP - PCoC - Inc. crit dmg - Pierce
?

(got 30% pierce chance from tree)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info