The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
Mathil wrote:
"
TheSpectre wrote:
This build is awesome but I am still having problems with reflect. What are the some work arounds for physical reflect? (Each time I nearly one shot myself. Got 25k on tornado and 50k on puncture)

And I am using cwdt - inc.dration - immortal call - enduring cry

I do warn everyone that as you keep striving for more and more damage reflect becomes a bigger problem. If you're really going to go for the big deeps and have a serious 400+ dps bow then your only real option is probably a lightning coil or running 5k+ life(or acuity gloves).

I've felt my 23k without charges tornado was more than enough for everything so I stopped trying to get more and at that point I was just barely comfortable with reflect. I could take care of phys reflect maps just fine if swapping to ice shot too.

If you keep going for dps beyond this point though the problem if really yours imo, lol. Like I said though, life, coil or acuity. That's the only advice I could give without having been in that dps range myself.

"
BARL wrote:
Mathil, thanks! With your build/guide and watching the Atziri vid I finally killed her solo! Man, was awesome.

Nice work man, it always feels great achieving it yourself through your own hard work. Well done.

"
Starlight85 wrote:
Hey Mathil,

How do you feel about the choices for body armour?

Well I thought about all my options and ended up deciding I wanted a high EV/res/life chest the most to fit the build. The extra EV really helps fill out what's needed for good near immune proj evasion without grace. Without it you're kinda at a 45-55% chance to evade proj which is is noticable.

Otherwise I'd probably be going with Belly but because we take Acro the chest gives damn near nothing besides a good life boost. I decided against it in the end.

Queen of the forest takes too much to make it somewhat decent because you just can't run all 3 auras together so you're stuck losing something to gain almost nothing in the end.

Coil is pretty clearly the best option if you can actually make it work but yea that takes quite a lot of investment in resists elsewhere which in turn makes every other piece of gear you wear far more expensive.

Suprised nobody mentioned this. 6% more dodge, life and (in maps) you will never die, cause of an infinite number of endurance charges to work with my dual Immortal Call setup.
i have a very stupid question (read first 5 pages and last 2 pages, didnt see anything about it) :
does the explosion count as the starting point for the subsequent arrows? ie : will point blank increase damage?
"
blaes wrote:
i have a very stupid question (read first 5 pages and last 2 pages, didnt see anything about it) :
does the explosion count as the starting point for the subsequent arrows? ie : will point blank increase damage?

No, distance to your character is what matters there. Use Point Blank, if you prefer to shoot enemies at close range.

"
Sparowes wrote:

Suprised nobody mentioned this. 6% more dodge, life and (in maps) you will never die, cause of an infinite number of endurance charges to work with my dual Immortal Call setup.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this chest wont allow you to use EC+IC+CWDT+ID combo. You will lose Endurance Charges when hit, before IC triggers, and that means far less survivability for some cases, including reflect.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 24, 2014, 12:36:55 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
if you prefer to shoot enemies at close range.
nope, not really. thanks for the answer.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
blaes wrote:

No, distance to your character is what matters there. Use Point Blank, if you prefer to shoot enemies at close range.

"
Sparowes wrote:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but this chest wont allow you to use EC+IC+CWDT+ID combo. You will lose Endurance Charges when hit, before IC triggers, and that means far less survivability for some cases, including reflect.

You are wrong, IC does proc. And i also gain the onslaught buff.
"
Sparowes wrote:

You are wrong, IC does proc. And i also gain the onslaught buff.

Well, IC will proc, obviously, but what about duration of it? With 1-2 Endurance Charges (gained from Enduring Cry triggered by CWDT) your IC may last for 1.5-3 seconds, and without charges it will last less than half-second.

Are you sure the long-lenth Immortal Call is trigered when charges are "lost"?
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I use Immortal Call in a CWDT setup with Daresso's and it most definitely works- lasts for friggin ages with 4 charges.
"
RunPuppet wrote:
I use Immortal Call in a CWDT setup with Daresso's and it most definitely works- lasts for friggin ages with 4 charges.

Hmm. I'll give it a try, then...

There is no knowledge
That is not power
I didn't originally base my spec off of yours but I definitely used it to shore up some deficiencies and in the end, it was very similar. (Originally had more Evasion nodes, then did the Scion life wheel route, then finally settled back to this.)

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4DHgW1BfkGIwguCIkWvxmOGwEfQSF2Iuoj9iT9JpUqCypbMHEwfDH6MgEylDY9OdQ6QjqzQzZKfUt4TZJRR1LsVUtW-luvXWheRWHiYetnoGyMbWxwUnGhdvd313n2elN9dX8CfyuGzod2jAuMNo19jb-PT5AKkvOVBZrxmyabjZ2qoJ-hpKR4puCn1LEwshm1CLVIuXy748EzwdXC7MSiyqnN6s96037UI9aK2cbcFd0N3aje-OHb51TndOjW6xTssO2D8-r66_zF_rr-yP_e

Downed Atziri for the first time last night, mainly looking at your vid and seeing what how the fights went. Tons of thanks! Got a 99% Scepter as my first drop and then killed her a couple more times lol. Not sure what I want to upgrade next, so far so good really at the moment.

As to others, I run both Heralds + Hatred and end up with 50% evasion meaning Queen of the Forest already makes me run super fast. I also love the fact that Jade flasks or flasks that increase evasion turn into Quicksilvers by default. Mine currently has super low evasion, but great resists so I don't want to chance it. I'd highly recommend the armour, though I'd like to try Coil when I get more specific lightning resist gear.
Last edited by Senius on Sep 24, 2014, 5:12:50 PM
"
dragnmith1 wrote:
is this bow good enough for end game or do i need a better one?

I'd get a better one

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info