The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
saxisa wrote:
I'm currently using this bow:

Works pretty well, but I see everyone mostly using harbingers. Would that be substantially better than Death's Harp, and how expensive are they? Or what kind of bow should I look for?

Great build!

Death's Harp is the king of kings up to 53, at which point if you have a good decimation to take over you'll gain many deeps. It'll still hold up for a while but by the point you're at Harbingers then even a mid tier one will be waaaay better. I'd look into buying a cheap one at the very least.

"
thesomberlain wrote:
Hey Mathil, just wanted to say thanks for the build! Beat Atziri on my first attempt tonight. Died 3 times but still... fun build!

Good stuff, always great to hear!
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
Last edited by Mathil on Sep 21, 2014, 10:07:05 PM
Hi Mathil, approx how much crit will you be aiming for?
Really fun build mate! Cruising along just fine since the beginning. I'd appreciate any suggestions on what i can improve on. I'm sitting at 2500HP an am fire/light res cap. I run hatred/ash for auras. 25k tornado shot with GMP and 12,5k puncture. Also should I keep the +2 stat on bow and continue crafting or just re roll for better stats? I have lvl 6 tora an elreon atm.

Spoiler

Last edited by Wicked718 on Sep 21, 2014, 10:16:46 PM
I guess a question would be what am I looking for in a bow? Pure DPS? Seems like some of the thicket bows pack some serious punch...

And they are cheaper than the harbingers for some reason.

And what would be classified as a mid-tier harbinger? DPS over 250 or something? Or is it the crit closer to 10?
Last edited by saxisa on Sep 21, 2014, 11:30:59 PM
Hi again Mathil !

I have killed Atziri 4 times since my last post , the vaals and the trio are super easy, killing the first vaal before the other has spawned lol.

The one problem im still having is with Atziri. I still die 2-3 times on the split phase. Everything else is super easy.

Would you have any tips for that annoying split phase ??

I will say it again for new people reading ur spec ,its awesome :)
"
Epicdovic21 wrote:
Hi again Mathil !

I have killed Atziri 4 times since my last post , the vaals and the trio are super easy, killing the first vaal before the other has spawned lol.

The one problem im still having is with Atziri. I still die 2-3 times on the split phase. Everything else is super easy.

Would you have any tips for that annoying split phase ??

I will say it again for new people reading ur spec ,its awesome :)

Atziri is simple. Don't get hit by spells on the ground and don't attack into the mirror bitch.
For my current builds, thoughts and videos.
youtube.com/andypistone
www.twitch.tv/GrocerySC
Ok, just pulled the trigger on this:
for just a bit less than 2ex. There were others a bit cheaper, but with waaay less DPS and crit.

My DPS jumped from 4800 to almost 8000. Woooot!
"
cloudscraper wrote:
Do you have any tool or guideline to simulate effective DPS of similar bows?

For example:
- how important is pDPS compared to eDPS compared to total DPS?
- how important is bow's "tooltip" critical strike chance?
- how important are APS?

ty

1. You will have ~300% increased physical bow damage, and just around 100% increased elemental bow damage. So, EDPS will give at best 1/2 of what PDPS would. If you take into account, that a lot of mobs have elemental resists, the 1/4 ratio will be probably the most fair. Oh, and elemental damage cant leech.
Lightning damage can be somewhat useful due to shock, but you need to stack quite a lot of it. Other elementas arent really useful.

2. It's extremely important. Think about it as abut a damage multiplier. 15% more base critical strike chance will be as good as 15% more base damage. Or even better. Note, though - you can reroll implicit crit mod with blessed orbs.

3. Dont think about it, actually. You want Death/Decimation/Harbinger bow anyway, due to ridiculously strong implicit mod (read 2.), and since the best AS mod you can have on bows is like 13% increased attack speed, you dont have real options there - the base AS of you bow will be 1.1-1.35, and that wont make any serious difference.
Generally, you'll want a faster bow, but slower bow has its benefits too.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power

Great build and a lot of fun. I'm using this bow in merciless atm act 2, I trysed buying the one you bought for 10c, everyones's selling these kind of bows for 1.5ex :/, but anyhow, I'm clearing things very fast and without much problem and with 1500hp only. Only issue I have is with strength and intel, I have rat's nest and can't equip it because my helm provides bonus strength and I need it for my herald of ash and reduced mana. Should I try crafting strength and intel on something and equip rat's or is it useless untill I'm eligible for maps?

Cheers
"
saxisa wrote:
I guess a question would be what am I looking for in a bow? Pure DPS? Seems like some of the thicket bows pack some serious punch...

And they are cheaper than the harbingers for some reason.

And what would be classified as a mid-tier harbinger? DPS over 250 or something? Or is it the crit closer to 10?

You want a high crit chance and a decent physical dps. Thickets have low crit chance, so even if they have high dps, they won't scale as much as a harbinger does with crits.

They are cheaper because most people play crit builds, so there's low demand.

Yeah 250 pdps would be decent, but you also want crit chance, I would say at least 8.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info