The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

"
Wishuponastar wrote:
"
ryandizon13 wrote:
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
Nice build but this is basically Precaso's puncture build which was the first to show movement speed + Puncture concept as Uber viable. All you did was replace his Split Arrow for Tornado Shot for your AOE. After watching Precaso's vid you do almost the exact same thing as he does, except you died more. So many hairy situations no wonder you burnt all portals.

and every ranger build should give credit to him rite? cuz we have whole pasive tree filled with bow nodes
/sarcasm end

Maybe you were trying to be funny in your post but you didn't make any sense at all.

Not every Ranger is using Puncture. Not every ranger is using Precaso's method for Uber Atziri which is Puncture + movement speed on tree and gear.

In fact, NO OTHER Ranger with bow except those doing Precaso's build can do Uber. The only other Ranger is the Lightning Strike one.

Take a leaf from this guys build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1044580.

Where at least he has the decency to credit Precaso. No one had bothered to even try Puncture on Uber run until Precaso made the build and showed how to play to make it viable - and Mathil uses the exact same.

Reminds me of the guy who ripped off Fox's arc build and had no decency to even give credit.

But ofc this thread is just full of sheep fans...

k... ggg should credit him for making puncture gem.
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
"
ryandizon13 wrote:
"
Wishuponastar wrote:
Nice build but this is basically Precaso's puncture build which was the first to show movement speed + Puncture concept as Uber viable. All you did was replace his Split Arrow for Tornado Shot for your AOE. After watching Precaso's vid you do almost the exact same thing as he does, except you died more. So many hairy situations no wonder you burnt all portals.

and every ranger build should give credit to him rite? cuz we have whole pasive tree filled with bow nodes
/sarcasm end

Maybe you were trying to be funny in your post but you didn't make any sense at all.

Not every Ranger is using Puncture. Not every ranger is using Precaso's method for Uber Atziri which is Puncture + movement speed on tree and gear.

In fact, NO OTHER Ranger with bow except those doing Precaso's build can do Uber. The only other Ranger is the Lightning Strike one.

Take a leaf from this guys build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1044580.

Where at least he has the decency to credit Precaso. No one had bothered to even try Puncture on Uber run until Precaso made the build and showed how to play to make it viable - and Mathil uses the exact same.

Reminds me of the guy who ripped off Fox's arc build and had no decency to even give credit.

But ofc this thread is just full of sheep fans...

You've gotta be kidding me. Look, I was playing my CoC char at the start of the league and had no idea about what specs do Ubers aside from low life ST and had no idea how good/bad bow chars were at the time. I knew that there were passive/skill changes towards bows and a new skill was released. I had planned to start a tornado shot character and see how that skill functions and if bow specs are worth using.

I have a level 20 of virtually every bow gem right now because I leveled with them all, trying them out every few levels and seeing what works best with what. Tornado shot was the new skill and that's what I was trying make work but the single target was open for discussion and Puncture seemed the most effective because of the gaps it covers that tornado shot can't do. It's great for exiles that run, it's great for kiting and it's great for certain bosses. By the time I was ready to try Atziri puncture was my single target skill and the obvious choice because of guys like the trio.

It doesn't make much of a difference what skill I'm using aside from that fight where it benefits you greatly and is the logical choice of single target. Otherwise Ice shot, frenzy, burning arrow, anything that does decent dps, could have been in its place and I would have had success. I could probably do the whole zone and fights with only tornado shot even.

I made a bow spec, different to his, using different gear and because we have ONE similar skill which according to you he now has a monopoly on, I copied him? Oh and because I used the tactic of running faster which is the only real choice a bow char has?
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Twitch.tv/Mathil1 streaming daily
This is a pretty slippery slope to be coming against Mathil on. For physical crit bow rangers - all of the trees are pretty similar and there are only a few differences between builds. Do you get to scion life wheel? Did you pick crit and accuracy or attack speed and accuracy? 110 point builds don't vary except 5-10 nodes. We literally have 2 single target skills - Puncture and Frenzy. SO all builds are gonna use one...and it seems I am the only one that uses Frenzy on Atziri - literally everyone else Punctures, a trend I'd assume would transfer over to Uber.

And given the new tree as opposed to the old one - it's hard not to get move speed. It's all over the place.

I don't really think Mathil here is in the wrong for not crediting Precaso if he wasn't actively following his build. He was playing a build in a new league, got it up and running and to Uber quickly. That doesn't take away from anything Precaso did - but I think it's pretty hard to give Precaso credit for it. 1 person can't own move speed and Puncture when move speed is all over the tree, and everyone and their mother is using Puncture.

My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Sep 9, 2014, 2:16:53 AM
Don't feed trolls mathil. Congrats on the build and kill :)
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
What do you think of using gift's from above on standard with this build?
"
What do you think of using gift's from above on standard with this build?

If you're really into the rarity then sure it'll be nice. I really struggle to imagine it's a good idea to trade everything a ring can offer you for 35 crit though because I don't care too much for rarity. Your call.
A list of all my builds and guides - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1099189
Very solid. Good job on the Uber-kill.
Please don't PM me ingame with filter/guide questions, post them on the forum, after reading the FAQ.
Considered the heavy damage, could 1% Mana Leech only be enough for mantaining our Skills ( consider also I won't have any 6L anytime soon, so mana cost should be cheaper at least.. ) ?

I'd like to craft my gloves and respec some those three mana nodes from tree.
Awesome build. +1

Keep forging the way for new builds!
I am sending you this message to let you know that I have removed your signature as it is designed to mislead others. Please refrain from using similar signatures in the future. - Rob_GGG
"
tanfodelmale wrote:
Considered the heavy damage, could 1% Mana Leech only be enough for mantaining our Skills ( consider also I won't have any 6L anytime soon, so mana cost should be cheaper at least.. ) ?

I'd like to craft my gloves and respec some those three mana nodes from tree.

I haven't tested 1% ever myself but I sometimes struggle on mana as it is. I'm not sure if that's from my limited mana pool so my leech is only capable of so much regardless of % or if it's because of only 2% mana leech.

When I say I struggle I mean I can reach near oom after spamming into for example atziri adds nonstop for 30 seconds. I can't support the cost of an expensive 6L including WED lets say, or faster attacks.

"
Very solid. Good job on the Uber-kill.

"
Skyforth wrote:
Awesome build. +1

Keep forging the way for new builds!

Ty guys.
Last edited by Mathil on Sep 9, 2014, 7:13:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info