The Mathil Tornado/Puncture Spec - Cheap Uber Atziri Viable

I'm using Puncture Traps. Might replace Trap gem with Tornado just to see. :)
I got this for 15 Chaos. I've added Local Physical Damage and the Blessed it ( it was 31% Crit originally ): I hope I've spent well my money. Besides, I'm ready to die to reflect.

I'm using SA + Chain + FA + PPaD. Probably changing FA for Added Fire and switching my Gloves for Non-Aspd ones. I know ASPD = huge damage buff but mana management seems a little problematic.

There are some calculations to do for sure.
You know what guys, you are absolutely absolutely right. Mathil thanks for making this build it is so new and original, and you played extremely well!

I see there are another 10+ guides here on Ranger forum with crit split/tornado/puncture, we should add "Uber Viable" to all of them as well. The builds are all the same and Mathil has expertly proven for us they can do Uber.

Rangers up!
Great build, Mathil! Ran it up to 85 and still going. Hoping to try Aztiri for the first time here pretty soon.

I am doing the Level all classes to 65 ach and am using this build to also level an Ice Shot Duelist with just a few adjustments. Working well so far.

Gratz on the Uber kill!
This build is ridiculously fun. I hit lvl32 and picked up a deaths harp for 1c, and even before that I was just destroying everything- just flying through the maps and levels. With really average gear too, mostly stuff you find along the way.

Thanks Mathils for your work in specing out this build!
Awesome build..
My first bow char and my first atiri kill with only 4L gear:)
Really fun build, even you are just leveling the char. Feel op all the way. Thanks Mathil.

Btw is there any way to run Grace as third auras, and use TS/puncture on blood magic since you got 6 and 5 links anyways?

IGN: Rainku_Arc
Last edited by rainku on Sep 9, 2014, 2:25:33 PM
have this lil guy here for sale,colors are off tho :)
can you post your crit chance, evasion chance and accuracy rating? Curious. Also dps on tornado and puncture would be cool to know.

I've been running precaso's with a little variation on tree and tornado shot instead of split arrow (your's and his are almost identical so it's nice to compare).

couple questions I had one of which translates here. I didn't watch the video but assume you aren't using drillneck by the posted gear.

What do you think about Entropy cluster? That is 45% increased damage over time. For puncture that should act as a multiplier since it is the only factor affecting the damage. The way I understand it puncture's bleed damage is from the damage dealt. So, that damage number over 5 seconds should then get multiplied by the entropy cluster. That sounds massive for 3 points.

One more question would be concerning the gems on puncture. Faster attacks provides a dps increase on toolbar however it technically does not give more damage for a single hit. Right? The puncture skill seems to be one that is used sparingly not rapidly. So, does faster attacks really enhance puncture? I'd think something like Faster Projectiles and if there was a 6link couple it with slower projectiles for increased damage. Your tooltip dps will likely drop but wouldn't the real damage be greater? Especially for uber in which you aren't drilling puncture arrows into her but hitting, kiting, hitting, kiting.
Pacific (GMT -8) Time
Last edited by Madcow1120 on Sep 9, 2014, 2:46:38 PM
Mathil, by watching your atziri video i've noticed that, especially in the zombie phase, tornado shot is not at his best.

I think that with Ice Shot you would get far less heal thanks to the cone expanding from the target that gets hit.

By the way, the build is really nice and I am (once again, after Buzzsaw) one of your biggest fans :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info